Thread: OT: Best All-terrain Tire

vCash

OT: Best All-terrain Tire

It's getting close to time for new shoes on my truck, Tundra Crew Cab. Looking for opinions on best all-terrain currently running 285-55r-20. Driving is mostly highway during the week but on weekend mostly gravel roads, dirt road trails with a little mud. I love the Falken AT3W but having a little trouble finding them in that size. Appreciate any reviews/opinions

vCash
    I had the Toyo ATs on my Tacoma for 6 years and loved them

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Bf Goodrich looks the best on my tundra. I have Yokahomas right now, don't really like them.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire...n-t-a-ko2.html

Many people like these. I believe they even come standard on the newer Jeep Rubicon

vCash
    The BF Goodrich TA that everyone loves is a good tire. However, it’s probably the worst as far as driving in the rain on highways. Trust me. I did a lot of research on hydroplaning. I totaled my King Ranch with my family in it last year in Nashville. It looks the best and performs well off-road but sucks in the sticky clay mud. Your tired become a giant mud wheel.
    Nitto Terra Grapplers were really good on my lifted FJ. Quite on the road, never hydroplaned in years of driving on them, and performed great off-road. They gum up also in the clay stuff but I think all tires will to an extent unless they are true mud grips.

vCash
    Nitto Ridge Grappler. Had the BFGs on my Rubicon, but they suck on the road. Really loud and terrible in rain. Also tried the Goodyear Wranglers with kevlar, those suck on the road as well.

The Ridge Grapplers are really good on pavement, great in rain, great off road, and look aggressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
    Nitto Ridge Grappler. Had the BFGs on my Rubicon, but they suck on the road. Really loud and terrible in rain. Also tried the Goodyear Wranglers with kevlar, those suck on the road as well.

The Ridge Grapplers are really good on pavement, great in rain, great off road, and look aggressive.
    I second the Ridge Grapplers. I?ve got 305-55-20 on my Yukon. They have about 40k on them now and are around half worn. They have gotten a little louder with the miles, but I have been pleased with them. One thing I can tell you about the BFGs is that they pick up and sling tiny rocks like crazy. Very rough on the rocker panel paint and I have even had one peck my wind shield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chainedup_Dawg View Post
    It's getting close to time for new shoes on my truck, Tundra Crew Cab. Looking for opinions on best all-terrain currently running 285-55r-20. Driving is mostly highway during the week but on weekend mostly gravel roads, dirt road trails with a little mud. I love the Falken AT3W but having a little trouble finding them in that size. Appreciate any reviews/opinions
    OT Hijack - opinions on the Turndra Crewmax? I have a 4Runner but I just bought an enclosed trailer and it's a bit much for the 4Runner. thinking about upgrading.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by huffy View Post
    OT Hijack - opinions on the Turndra Crewmax? I have a 4Runner but I just bought an enclosed trailer and it's a bit much for the 4Runner. thinking about upgrading.
    The Tundra is the best full-size truck made. It runs forever, has plenty of power, rides nice and has a back seat big enough to raise a family. Cons, 15-17 mpg, and does not have all the bells and whistles of American made trucks (it doesn't blow cold air up your bunghole). I have a 2012 Crewmax with 150k and it drives like a dream, no problems whatsoever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    The Tundra is the best full-size truck made. It runs forever, has plenty of power, rides nice and has a back seat big enough to raise a family. Cons, 15-17 mpg, and does not have all the bells and whistles of American made trucks (it doesn't blow cold air up your bunghole). I have a 2012 Crewmax with 150k and it drives like a dream, no problems whatsoever.
    excellent. thank you for the response.

vCash
    excellent. thank you for the response.
    I appreciate all the replies.

I love the looks of the KO2 as well but had the older KOs on an F150 and experienced the same slick/walking in the rain. For the way the roads are that I drive when it rains it's already an adventure.

About the Tundra, i have the same thoughts as posted above. Unless you're hauling extreme weights you'll be very happy. The other poster was correct in that it doesn't have all the bells/nannies that others have but to me i couldn't care less. It has plenty of power, more than enough room and drives like a truck should. The only knock on the Tundra is the gas mileage I get around 16. But hey, I didnt buy a crew cab truck for gas mileage. The other brand fanboys love to knock on Toyota for lack of innovation in the engine but I'd put that 5.7 iForce against any other in terms of longevity. Mine is a 14 SR5 with 118,000. She runs just like the day I bought her. I love mine and will never own another truck that isnt a Tundra if i have any say in it.

To the other posters with Tundra, have yall tried panty dropper mode yet? Hold down the Tow/haul button for 3 seconds then hold down the Traction control button for 3 seconds....holy 17, it'll throw you in the backseat just with your normal acceleration!!! You're welcome!

vCash
    this ain't 6 pack boys... rules still apply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    this ain't 6 pack boys... rules still apply.
    Which are?? OT posts are on the main board all the time. No more OT than the family challenge post which has been on the main board for at least a week. Not trying to be rude or anything, just curious what the difference is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chainedup_Dawg View Post
    Which are?? OT posts are on the main board all the time. No more OT than the family challenge post which has been on the main board for at least a week. Not trying to be rude or anything, just curious what the difference is.
    8 OT posts on the main board and this is the only one moved. lol. appreciate ya, scoob, but this one is puzzling.

Chainedup, I've got my eyes on a 2018 crewmax right now. It checks all the boxes. Maybe I can make it happen.

vCash
    8 OT posts on the main board and this is the only one moved. lol. appreciate ya, scoob, but this one is puzzling.

Chainedup, I've got my eyes on a 2018 crewmax right now. It checks all the boxes. Maybe I can make it happen.
    DO.IT. only problem with mine is it's just a '14!