Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MLB Draft Rumors

vCash
    Spoke to a former major league pitcher who had Tj. He pitched in 11 months, but most are 12 - 18. He actually sustained an injury that derailed his career after surgery

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    Spoke to a former major league pitcher who had Tj. He pitched in 11 months, but most are 12 - 18. He actually sustained an injury that derailed his career after surgery
    1. JT did not have TJ. He had surgery on his ulner nerve. That's at least to the best of my knowledge.

2. Correct: It takes 11-18 months to fully recover ( meaning get all your stuff back) from TJ. However, everyone is different. MOST people can throw fully at 11 months & their is no greater risk of injury than at 18 months. Additionally, most people get all all their velocity & breaking ball after 11 months but command & feel for their breaking ball & changeup can take a little longer.

What I would do with JT:

He'll should be physically close to 100% by the time the season starts next season. I would start him out in the bullpen & let him throw 1 inning a week out of the bullpen for the 1st month. After the 1st month, see where he is & slowly ramp him up. The next two weeks after the first month, let him either pitch 2-3 innings out of the bullpen or start him for 2-3 innings & check inventory.

We should have a ton of pitching next season, so the goal should be to make sure that JT is fully go by the time we get to the last month of the regular season.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    1. JT did not have TJ. He had surgery on his ulner nerve. That's at least to the best of my knowledge.

2. Correct: It takes 11-18 months to fully recover ( meaning get all your stuff back) from TJ. However, everyone is different. MOST people can throw fully at 11 months & their is no greater risk of injury than at 18 months. Additionally, most people get all all their velocity & breaking ball after 11 months but command & feel for their breaking ball & changeup can take a little longer.

What I would do with JT:

He'll should be physically close to 100% by the time the season starts next season. I would start him out in the bullpen & let him throw 1 inning a week out of the bullpen for the 1st month. After the 1st month, see where he is & slowly ramp him up. The next two weeks after the first month, let him either pitch 2-3 innings out of the bullpen or start him for 2-3 innings & check inventory.

We should have a ton of pitching next season, so the goal should be to make sure that JT is fully go by the time we get to the last month of the regular season.
    Yes it was ulnar nerve surgery and they did clean up some stuff in the joint while they were in there. And you are correct, He did not have a tear of the ucl.

vCash
    Cade Smith.. RHP was going to be a huge draft risk, prob comes here now.. Kid could be a Friday night guy sooner than later..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Cade Smith.. RHP was going to be a huge draft risk, prob comes here now.. Kid could be a Friday night guy sooner than later..
    He's really good but wasn't a real draft risk. Is a 4th-6th round type that was most likely going to school anyway.

vCash
    This draft is going to be very interesting. Less info for teams than ever before. And guys like westburg and fos have another year of leverage. This limited signing bonus is going to cause lots of guys to stay. I'm not saying either of those mentioned come back, but I wouldn't rule it out so her unless they just hate school.

vCash
    LOL........Let's put it this way, things were picking up and starting to get real interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    LOL........Let's put it this way, things were picking up and starting to get real interesting.
    We are about to have a pretty nasty group of freshmen and sophomore pitchers next year. I can?t help but feel like we are getting close.

And to Cade?s draft situation, I?m pretty sure shotgun is going to say the only thing holding him out of the first 2 or 3 rounds is his height and being a righty. I?m selfish and hope he comes to school and is drafted in the first round in three years which is very possible from what I?ve read. Would be a great story line if he starts the game that clinches our first World Series championship. Home grown life long Bulldog.
    Last edited by AlSwearengen; 03-31-2020 at 06:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He's really good but wasn't a real draft risk. Is a 4th-6th round type that was most likely going to school anyway.
    4th -6th round is a draft risk.. I know around what $ number they wanted and the right team may have hit that number...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This draft is going to be very interesting. Less info for teams than ever before. And guys like westburg and fos have another year of leverage. This limited signing bonus is going to cause lots of guys to stay. I'm not saying either of those mentioned come back, but I wouldn't rule it out so her unless they just hate school.
    Agree, and the opposite end of that is I think some teams will offer more this draft in order to sign guys in those first 5 rounds..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    We are about to have a pretty nasty group of freshmen and sophomore pitchers next year. I can?t help but feel like we are getting close.

And to Cade?s draft situation, I?m pretty sure shotgun is going to say the only thing holding him out of the first 2 or 3 rounds is his height and being a righty. I?m selfish and hope he comes to school and is drafted in the first round in three years which is very possible from what I?ve read. Would be a great story line if he starts the game that clinches our first World Series championship. Home grown life long Bulldog.
    He is still growing and getting stronger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    4th -6th round is a draft risk.. I know around what $ number they wanted and the right team may have hit that number...
    Gotcha. For most HS kids committed to SEC schools, 4-6 round is not a draft risk. It's only a risk if he's asking for a low number.