Thread: Sup Fellas?

vCash

Sup Fellas?

Havent been posting much lately but wanted to check in with the Outdoor Dawgs during this pandemic and catch yall up on whats been going on. First off, I hope everyone is safe and if anyone is effected, all my prayers go out. This has been crazy from a health and financial standpoint. Its touched everyone. Everyone hang in there.

Now to some fishing. I had a club tournament at Calling Panther and I had never fished it so I went a week ahead of time with the hopes of finding some bites so I could at least put up a respectable tournament. Man is that a beautiful lake. I found my most consistent bite to be on wacky rigged junebug senkos. Thats something I guessed...

Now tournament time. There were actually 2 clubs lined up to fish and with all the bs the tournament was cancelled. One of the clubs had a bunch of guys show up for an ?unofficial? fruit jar tournament with big fish bonus. I went right to where I left off to try and get a limit (3 fish) and then pick up a frog to upgrade. Limit in 30 mins... Ended up catching 13 fish, all on the junebug senko. Nothing else. It was frontal conditions and it shut everything down on the power fishing side. I ended up getting my surprise of the day with a almost 25 inch 7.84 tank later in the day. That fish won me big fish but I lost the overall by 4ish inches. I do take some solace in the fact that the guy who beat me was leading the yak division of the Bassmasters a cpl weeks ago ultimately finishing 13th. Overall great experience at a great MS public lake.

In the meantime Ive been fishing roadside on the Trace everyday for like 15 mins before work. Trying to stay sane. That has landed me fish every single day, mostly dinks but I have got a bowfin and a couple crappie & bream on senkos.

Today I went to PBay and it felt like a new fishery with all the pads gone from the sylvania spraying for a year and a half. Caught 5 solid fish. 1 on a frog, 1 pitchin a googan bandito bug in heavy cover, and 3 on senkos. Another solid outing. Was my first pitchin/flippin fish from kayak

Hope everyone is well. See y?all on the water. Tight lines
    Last edited by BeastMan; 03-28-2020 at 07:56 PM.

vCash
    What a freaking toad! Very nice. Have not had the opportunity to fish Calling Panther yet but really look forward to it one of these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    What a freaking toad! Very nice. Have not had the opportunity to fish Calling Panther yet but really look forward to it one of these days.
    It’s got more sunk timber, and cover in general, than any lake I’ve ever fished.

vCash
    Was that a Snakehead ??? or possibly what we used to call a Grinnel
    Nice catch btw
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Was that a Snakehead ??? or possibly what we used to call a Grinnel
    Nice catch btw
    Grinnel, bowfin, mudfish, or choupique... Whatever you prefer. No snakehead in the rez thank god

vCash
    Fished a few tournaments at Barnett so far this year. Couple weeks ago had a little better than 20 lbs and got a check for 6th place. The sacks that got weighed were pretty silly. Fished this past Saturday in a fruit jar, seemed most fish have spawned. Only had 13 lbs, couldn’t catch a good fish, and were out of the money. Caught a bunch of little fish.
    Lake Caroline has been pretty good. Got nothing else to do in the afternoon, so been catching family some crappie and catfish. Gonna hit the bass again tomorrow or so. The bass fishing has been pretty good, but like Barnett, a lot have spawned so the weight has been down for me a bit.

vCash
    Good stuff Beast. I've made a handful of trips over the last couple weeks...not like there's much else to do. The reds have been thick around BSL lately and a few nice trout around. We've had plenty of fresh fish to eat around here.