Thread: Many college football teams have a great opportuntiy right now

vCash

Many college football teams have a great opportuntiy right now

Assuming the virus thing is behind us by say August sometime, there is a great opportunity right now for those teams that are good but not great. Here me out here.

Many players and teams will totally fumble thru this downtime. Things will go backwards mentally, physically, team chemistry, playbook wise, etc. Those that have team discipline, drive, motivation, and whatever word you want to use during this really long isolated off season will be a team that can have an advantage in fall. All of a sudden a 5 star team with a little fat and a 3 star team with a lot of grit can jump up and have a little magic next year.

That team could be us with some leadership and little motivation.

Anyone else see the opportunity?

vCash
    I applauded you and Shotgun trying to keep sports in play but honestly right now not many give a crap about football. Replay this in 2 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    I applauded you and Shotgun trying to keep sports in play but honestly right now not many give a crap about football. Replay this in 2 months.
    No, I'd say people are tired of the virus talk on sports message boards.
    AL lost their strength guru. I see them dropping off with this. LSU lost their whole staff. AU is a bad loss or two from firing their coach and they're rebuilding up front. A&M is about to hit the Jimbo sleaze wall. Leach will have us rolling, but we've got holes this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    AL lost their strength guru. I see them dropping off with this. LSU lost their whole staff. AU is a bad loss or two from firing their coach and they're rebuilding up front. A&M is about to hit the Jimbo sleaze wall. Leach will have us rolling, but we've got holes this year.
    Gus is always going to be on the hot seat. As long as he beats Alabama some I think he's fine.

vCash
    I just can't relate to those that maintain freak out mode for long stretches of time.

I'm not downplaying the seriousness of the virus, however, I'm just not capable of only thinking about negative issues for too long. Sports are positive & I want to have fun, positive conversations right now.

I complete understand if you just want to continue virus talk, but I choose differently
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I would be a great year to have a tenured coach with a roster of older players that new the system like the back of their hand.

Hopefully Leach's system is as easy as they say
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I agree. I don’t think this helps us at all. We were soft and unconditioned and I wish the staff could be working with the players. Plus completely new offense and defense. Yeah, I think this sets us back. Teams like Bama won’t miss a beat. Same system. Same expectations of players. They all already know exactly what to do.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I disagree. Completely tired of talking about this virus. I appreciate a thread about sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I disagree. Completely tired of talking about this virus. I appreciate a thread about sports.
    Me too. It has taken over every aspect of my life. My job is horrible right now but thank God we still working.

vCash
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Same here. We need some distractions from corona 24/7

vCash
    I understand your feeling to a point but there is not one thing any of us can do about the pandemic. We do the things we should be doing and leave the rest up to God. Read Luke 22. God says don't worry about all this trivial stuff. Live each day you have, whatever it is to the fullest. It is going to be OK.

All this focus on the virus is turning people crazy. After the virus is over, lets put a death map up every day and talk about all the things causing death. This pandemic is becoming a mental illness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I would be a great year to have a tenured coach with a roster of older players that new the system like the back of their hand.

Hopefully Leach's system is as easy as they say
    Agree, my thoughts exactly. Not best timing for us following Joe undisciplined and out of shape culture. Hoping our strength guys can connect and do some stuff with home workouts, social media, etc. Hey, we all need to stay active right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I understand your feeling to a point but there is not one thing any of us can do about the pandemic. We do the things we should be doing and leave the rest up to God. Read Luke 22. God says don't worry about all this trivial stuff. Live each day you have, whatever it is to the fullest. It is going to be OK.

All this focus on the virus is turning people crazy. After the virus is over, lets put a death map up every day and talk about all the things causing death. This pandemic is becoming a mental illness.
    Great post!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

Right on!

vCash
    I'm just praying that KJ's skill set is more Dak than Tommy S. The key to success starts at the QB position. At this point, I hope we even get to see KJ on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    At this point, I hope we even get to see KJ on the field.
    I'm thinking there won't be any sports until a vaccine is readily available for all Americans from coast to coast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I just can't relate to those that maintain freak out mode for long stretches of time.

I'm not downplaying the seriousness of the virus, however, I'm just not capable of only thinking about negative issues for too long. Sports are positive & I want to have fun, positive conversations right now.

I complete understand if you just want to continue virus talk, but I choose differently
    LOL ... most of your sports posts are on the order of deadhead's virus posts *****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I agree. I don’t think this helps us at all. We were soft and unconditioned and I wish the staff could be working with the players. Plus completely new offense and defense. Yeah, I think this sets us back. Teams like Bama won’t miss a beat. Same system. Same expectations of players. They all already know exactly what to do.
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    LOL ... most of your sports posts are on the order of deadhead's virus posts *****
    Dang dude now that's funny!!!