Thread: OT: Family Challenge

vCash

OT: Family Challenge

While this isn?t sports related, I challenge all families on this board to dress up tonight or tomorrow night as if you were taking your family out to a nice restaurant. Women: hair and makeup and dress up. Men: nice church clothes. And make dinner and post photos on your social media. We need some level of normalcy. Just a thought. Take it or leave it.

vCash
    Leave it

vCash
    17 you then. Will post my family pic tomorrow night as I have been volunteering making medical masks most of the day:

Faye?s in Philadelphia on the square is making masks for nursing homes, hospitals, health providers, and others who are in need of masks. Many people have donated are donating fabric, elastic, and sewing machines. They are still looking for VOLUNTEERS to cut fabric, answer the phone, and especially SEAMSTRESSES!!! They are taking as many precautions as they can to follow guidelines: social distancing by having people work in and outside the building, spraying each person and item down with Lysol before entering, and supplying gloves and masks for volunteers.

***Mainly in need of sewing machines and anyone with a slight ability to sew***
    They would appreciate your donation in any form or fashion to help the community!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeuteredDawg View Post
    Leave it
    Neutered probably fits you well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by softballfanatic1 View Post
    While this isn?t sports related, I challenge all families on this board to dress up tonight or tomorrow night as if you were taking your family out to a nice restaurant. Women: hair and makeup and dress up. Men: nice church clothes. And make dinner and post photos on your social media. We need some level of normalcy. Just a thought. Take it or leave it.
    Why the 17 would I do that?

vCash
    But to pretend to do all of that and then to really take pics and post on a random website is so not normal. It's borderline creepy, imho.

vCash
    17 you then. Will post my family pic tomorrow night as I have been volunteering making medical masks most of the day:

Faye?s in Philadelphia on the square is making masks for nursing homes, hospitals, health providers, and others who are in need of masks. Many people have donated are donating fabric, elastic, and sewing machines. They are still looking for VOLUNTEERS to cut fabric, answer the phone, and especially SEAMSTRESSES!!! They are taking as many precautions as they can to follow guidelines: social distancing by having people work in and outside the building, spraying each person and item down with Lysol before entering, and supplying gloves and masks for volunteers.

***Mainly in need of sewing machines and anyone with a slight ability to sew***
    They would appreciate your donation in any form or fashion to help the community!!
    Good stuff! There is stuff like this going on all over! It's so awesome to me that this country can come together in tough times! We need more of these positive messages!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    But to pretend to do all of that and then to really take pics and post on a random website is so not normal. It's borderline creepy, imho.
    Why not try to create some normalcy? The American Spirit can be promoted. This virus is going to create more than a financial crisis. It going to create a mental health crisis.

And I laughed a little bit when a screen name like Klong-dog called any thing creepy.

vCash

@Engdawg

Probably because you have no family???? Or anybody that loves you???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Good stuff! There is stuff like this going on all over! It's so awesome to me that this country can come together in tough times! We need more of these positive messages!
    Boom. We do need more like this. There?s 3 types of folks out there right now. 1) People thinking this is a joke or hoax. 2) People scared that is real and will be a major catastrophe. 3) People who know this is real and this will suck for a long time but are trying to make the best of this and help others.

vCash

***Mainly in need of sewing machines and anyone with any ability to sew***

I?m out of work right now but me and my family decided to try and help. Any help would be appreciated.

vCash
    Friday night is normally Mexican night for us but under the circumstances I fired up the Egg and grilled a couple of half pound burgers for supper. Every thing was going great until I opened the fridge to discover that we were out of Klausens. I got another beer instead. I was wearing shorts, flip flops and a MSU t shirt , does that count?

vCash
    Boom. We do need more like this. There?s 3 types of folks out there right now. 1) People thinking this is a joke or hoax. 2) People scared that is real and will be a major catastrophe. 3) People who know this is real and this will suck for a long time but are trying to make the best of this and help others.
    Everyone in this country is being touched by this in some way. It's gonna take people pulling together to make this all work again once the smoke clears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Friday night is normally Mexican night for us but under the circumstances I fired up the Egg and grilled a couple of half pound burgers for supper. Every thing was going great until I opened the fridge to discover that we were out of Klausens. I got another beer instead. I was wearing shorts, flip flops and a MSU t shirt , does that count?

Yessir. Dressing up is relative. As long as you are with family you?re ok! Post a pic of the beer though. The MSU T-shirt makes you classy asf

vCash
    Yessir. Dressing up is relative. As long as you are with family you?re ok! Post a pic of the beer though. The MSU T-shirt makes you classy asf
    I’m sorry to say that this is the T shirts last hoorah, earlier today I was under the Jeep rolling around on a creeper and somehow I rolled over my sleeve and ripped it. I’ll wash it and throw it in the last resort emergency toilet paper pile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Everyone in this country is being touched by this in some way. It's gonna take people pulling together to make this all work again once the smoke clears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    I’m sorry to say that this is the T shirts last hoorah, earlier today I was under the Jeep rolling around on a creeper and somehow I rolled over my sleeve and ripped it. I’ll wash it and throw it in the last resort emergency toilet paper pile.
    As long as you are healthy and your family is healthy. Wear whatever you want! Prayers to all.

vCash
    Why not try to create some normalcy? The American Spirit can be promoted. This virus is going to create more than a financial crisis. It going to create a mental health crisis.

And I laughed a little bit when a screen name like Klong-dog called any thing creepy.
    Not when your last name is long and you're a true dog.

vCash
    I think everyone left it because i didn't see anyone do this. I don't have an issue with it..and have been posting about all the meals I have been making on my facebook but that won't be connected to here.
    I do like that some people are doing video conferences to stay in touch.... for online games or to stay in touch.
    This will change the way the world interacts with everyone.

Stay safe.