Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christ Low & Schlabach Write Crap Article on MSU/OM

vCash

Christ Low & Schlabach Write Crap Article on MSU/OM

Just a really poorly written article written by Tennessee & Georgia writers that don't understand the rivalry.

Really wish we could get better content that this, surface level, garbage, terribly written article. Article was probably written 15 min with very little research.

Half ass effort. We deserve better.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...sippi-football
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 03-25-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Good to see you're still fighting the good fight, Gun!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Good to see you're still fighting the good fight, Gun!
    the article is lazy, lacks depth, or mis-represents the situation. As Matt Wyatt is talking about today, it's incredible that people get paid to write this garbage.

With more team oriented sites these day & in depth pieces, the national writers have got to step up & write better articles than this.

This IMO is why The Athletic is worth a subscription because The Athletic writers don't write dribble like this. They are much more creative, in depth, & thought provoking in their analysis.

Why the hell is Archie contacted here? What the hell does he have to do with this? Do these old SEC writers have another damn phone number in their phones than Archie's?

Demand better. This article is trash.

I'm tired of hearing about the Virus & want to talk football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    the article is lazy, lacks depth, or mis-represents the situation. As Matt Wyatt is talking about today, it's incredible that people get paid to write this garbage.

With more team oriented sites these day & in depth pieces, the national writers have got to step up & write better articles than this.

This IMO is why The Athletic is worth a subscription because The Athletic writers don't write dribble like this. They are much more creative, in depth, & thought provoking in their analysis.

Why the hell is Archie contacted here? What the hell does he have to do with this? Do these old SEC writers have another damn phone number in their phones than Archie's?

Demand better. This article is trash.

I'm glad to see you back at it, you posting a thread like this makes everything seem back to normal. Oh and I agree with you. The media in general has gotten extremely lazy minus a few really good ones. I love The Athletic, it's good stuff.

vCash

Is the article the best? No, but at least we're being written about in a semi-positive way...

I actually didn't find it too bad. Yes it was derivative, basically the same "guess what Moore's piss celebration" did.....but they didn't throw any shade our way or anything. They could've gone into more depth about just how much a shitshow Joe was, but they at least touched on it.

Like I said, at least people care about us.....we could be Arkansas, South Carolina, Vandy, KY, etc., lol.

Also, reading quotes from Coach Leach gets me excited for football season. Thank Christ we pulled the trigger on Moorhead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Is the article the best? No, but at least we're being written about in a semi-positive way...

I actually didn't find it too bad. Yes it was derivative, basically the same "guess what Moore's piss celebration" did.....but they didn't throw any shade our way or anything. They could've gone into more depth about just how much a shitshow Joe was, but they at least touched on it.

Like I said, at least people care about us.....we could be Arkansas, South Carolina, Vandy, KY, etc., lol.

Also, reading quotes from Coach Leach gets me excited for football season. Thank Christ we pulled the trigger on Moorhead.
    I don't think I could've lived through another season of jomo. It was hard to watch.

vCash
    I'm glad to see you back at it, you posting a thread like this makes everything seem back to normal. Oh and I agree with you. The media in general has gotten extremely lazy minus a few really good ones. I love The Athletic, it's good stuff.
    We have to get back to normal.

I can only take people freaking out about something they can't control for so long.

I agree with Steve Robertson in that watching the news all the time only makes you angry. I prefer to focus on the more exciting things in life.

vCash
    I prefer to focus on the more exciting things in life.
    You're welcome.**

https://youtu.be/Ql1sR7xE2Cs?t=492

vCash

I can only take people freaking out about something they can't control for so long.

I agree with Steve Robertson in that watching the news all the time only makes you angry. I prefer to focus on the more exciting things in life.
    Same here!

vCash

I find this absolutely hilarious for some reason ... but like you I'm ready for some football talk
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I don't think I could've lived through another season of jomo. It was hard to watch.
    As I've said before my body fat percentage shouldn't be better than our linebackers.

vCash
    More than we know. Jo would have had a built in excuse with no spring ball. One of biggest moves in MSU history potentially. So if we stay on our trend we have a bad coach, good coach since what 1980. Leach set to be a good coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    More than we know. Jo would have had a built in excuse with no spring ball. One of biggest moves in MSU history potentially. So if we stay on our trend we have a bad coach, good coach since what 1980. Leach set to be a good coach.
    I guess it depends on if you think Bellard was a good coach or not? LOL. He definitely had a top five season in 1980.

vCash
    This thread has officially tested "positive" for the coronavirus....

Jesus.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Just a really poorly written article written by Tennessee & Georgia writers that don't understand the rivalry.

Really wish we could get better content that this, surface level, garbage, terribly written article. Article was probably written 15 min with very little research.

Half ass effort. We deserve better.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...sippi-football
    After your set up, I was expecting much worse. I thought the article was fine for us.

If I were an ole miss fan I wouldn't be too enthused by some of Carter's quotes. He came across as a weak leader just trying to satisfy the majority of the fan base.

I liked the quotes from Rich Rod and Nix. Funny to see how in the moment they were knowing that Moore's cute celebration was probably going to get them all fired.

Overall I enjoyed the article and I'm happy to read anything about an embarrassing moment for ole miss and us replacing Joe with Leach. Would read again. Not every article is meant to be a long form masterpiece. Go read Dellenger or Bob Sturm who covers the Cowboys for the Athletic for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    After your set up, I was expecting much worse. I thought the article was fine for us.

If I were an ole miss fan I wouldn't be too enthused by some of Carter's quotes. He came across as a weak leader just trying to satisfy the majority of the fan base.

I liked the quotes from Rich Rod and Nix. Funny to see how in the moment they were knowing that Moore's cute celebration was probably going to get them all fired.

Overall I enjoyed the article and I'm happy to read anything about an embarrassing moment for ole miss and us replacing Joe with Leach. Would read again. Not every article is meant to be a long form masterpiece. Go read Dellenger or Bob Sturm who covers the Cowboys for the Athletic for that.
    You sir have low expectations.

It was a poorly researched article that had many shallow, untrue statements in it. Written by a Tennessee grad and Georgia grad, I'd expect nothing less.

vCash
    You sir have low expectations.

It was a poorly researched article that had many shallow, untrue statements in it. Written by a Tennessee grad and Georgia grad, I'd expect nothing less.
    Maybe, but I would say more nuanced expectations. I don't judge all articles equally. It wasn't meant to be more than it was. Not everything is a deep dive. And what were the untrue statements?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Maybe, but I would say more nuanced expectations. I don't judge all articles equally. It wasn't meant to be more than it was. Not everything is a deep dive. And what were the untrue statements?
    I don't think there is any chance Nix was talking about his job status on the head sets after Moore's antics. I think that was a straight up lie

vCash
    The Mississippi football article recipe when written by outsiders:

1. Quote from Ole Miss head coach
    2. Something about civil rights or how underrated the rivalry is (When anyone with a brain realizes it's one of the top 5 rivalries in American sports)
    3. Random quote from Archie Manning which doesn't seem to fit.
    4. Random quote from Rick Cleveland which undermines MSU and calls for less toxicity when the toxicity is what makes it fun
    5. Small mention of MSU & maybe a quote
    6. Talk about how both programs struggle.
    7. The end.

vCash
    Thanks for posting. I enjoyed the article