Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opener Officially Moved to Thursday Night....

vCash

Opener Officially Moved to Thursday Night....

Great move by the administration here. Other than a Saturday night game, it's the best possible alternative when considering the heat of Mississippi & the need for exposure.

- Matt Wyatt reporting that the Egg Bowl will also remain on Thanksgiving night. I'm not as huge of a fan of this, but at least the game will be at night & will continue to be prime time viewing. The Egg Bowl is really beginning to develop it's own brand like the Iron Bowl. Not as nationally relevant most years, but I think country is really beginning to realize that it's a top 5 rivalry no matter how you slice it.

[tweet2]1242783920061648897[/tweet2]
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    On top of that the sports world will be extra hungry for some college football. While it will make my attendance either impossible or difficult, I like the move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    On top of that the sports world will be extra hungry for some college football. While it will make my attendance either impossible or difficult, I like the move.
    Yup. Great situation for us.

vCash
    I just hope we get to play it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I just hope we get to play it.
    Agree.

vCash
    I like the move. It'll be great exposure for us. It'll be must watch for college football fans. If the corona don't get us all by then lol.

vCash
    This is great!!! And thanks for starting some sports related threads gun. This virus is garbage.

vCash
    I'm scheduling Both Thursday and Friday off .....I hope Monday is the holiday
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    The contemporary national media is just discovering a rivalry that has been around since 1901, and played over a trophy since 1927. That's impressive.

vCash
    I'd be fine if all of our September games are on Thursday nights as opposed to the crap we went through last year.

vCash
    This is fine. Hope we wear maroon helmets, maroon jerseys, and white pants at some point too. That would be nice to cater to the fans for once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This is fine. Hope we wear maroon helmets, maroon jerseys, and white pants at some point too. That would be nice to cater to the fans for once.
    Maybe since Joe is gone, we'll stop trying to be Penn State with the white helmets. I know the players supposedly picked the uniform combinations, but Joe was on the record in saying that he really liked white helmets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Maybe since Joe is gone, we'll stop trying to be Penn State with the white helmets. I know the players supposedly picked the uniform combinations, but Joe was on the record in saying that he really liked white helmets.
    Uniforms is just one example of MSU alienating their fans last year.

Every time they do something relatively unpopular we get BS from MSU about "national exposure" "the players like it" "branding"....well can MSU can give them fans SOMETHING they like for a change?

And saying "well we hired Mike Leach" is a cop out.

I'm just saying- you want to play a game on Thursday- fine. Give me an interlocking MSU one game.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    They should let the team leaders each chose uniform combos each week and release them all each week for fan vote. Voting could end on Tuesday morning each week. They could limit it to the weekly color goals.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Imagine if we did a state of mississippi flag version of the helmet like Marylands awesome helmet.....wait on second thought the confed flag would look gay.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    No offense to the lgbt community.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    They should let the team leaders each chose uniform combos each week and release them all each week for fan vote. Voting could end on Tuesday morning each week. They could limit it to the weekly color goals.
    I'd prefer that then be told that they players like it- and then see the players like a bunch of tweets about the interlocking MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Imagine if we did a state of mississippi flag version of the helmet like Marylands awesome helmet.....wait on second thought the confed flag would look gay.
    Even worse we would get mixed up with Ole Miss.

vCash
    Good. In anticipation, I booked a room for Thursday night at a Starkville hotel and took Friday off.

vCash
    any one with a questamation of start time