Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I ordered take out from Lost Pizza tonight and it was damn good!

vCash
    Same thing with groceries they bring to your car and other transactions. You can't sanitize the world and 99.9% of us can't live totally self contained.

My family is trying to eat out locally and focus on non-megachain restaurants.

And for the record, you can put me down in the "this is an over-reaction" crowd. Our focus should have been much more targeted and less blanket in non-metropolis areas. We are damaging our own children's futures.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    I don't agree we will all be exposed. I have all the proper safety equipment provided by the government and use it in public...I can live without restaurant food for a long time.
    That safety equipment doesn't keep you from being exposed.

vCash
    Yes...Federal Officer.
    Be careful out there and thanks for what you do!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Do you all not realize that take out can still be contaminated if whom ever prepares it has the virus.
    Well yeah, but so can any food you didn't grow yourself. Health professionals request that you wash your hands prior to eating. Also, remive the food from the packaging, throw packaging away, then wash your hands. Do not use their plastic utensils or plates. Use your own.

Literally everything we consume, could have been handled by someone either in a factory, delivery, grocery store, or restaurant employees.

Everyone in this country is going to get the virus either now or in the future, until atleast 80% of the country has an immunity. The main focus now is for everyone not to get it at the same time.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    Same thing with groceries they bring to your car and other transactions. You can't sanitize the world and 99.9% of us can't live totally self contained.

My family is trying to eat out locally and focus on non-megachain restaurants.

And for the record, you can put me down in the "this is an over-reaction" crowd. Our focus should have been much more targeted and less blanket in non-metropolis areas. We are damaging our own children's futures.
    The economy will recover. A 4 month shut down is going to be terrible, but we will recover. If you research other epidemics, it doesn't matter if you are rural or not. It spreads like wildfire without blanket all over actions. The spanish flu of the early 19th spread throughout the country. Even without massive travel and commercialization of our everyday life. Now, granted we had young men coming back from the war which helped it get into pretty much every neighborhood in the world.

Either way, eat local, wash your hands, take it seruously, and when we start to ramp back up, our hospitals may be able to handle it.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I don't agree we will all be exposed. I have all the proper safety equipment provided by the government and use it in public...I can live without restaurant food for a long time.
    You obviously do not understand how this works. You have zero body response to this bug. You will come into contact with it eventually, and you will get the virus. The only hope is that after 80%+ the population gets it, we will have herd immunity and it will die out. Until then, take precautions and give it your best effort to not get it for as long as possible. The virus is being reported now, 17 days after the virus touches a surface, it can still be detected as infectious. 17 days just sitting there waiting for you to touch a door knob. Just wash your hands and don't lick public surfaces.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I also have a box of mechanics throw away gloves in my truck. It is useful for filling up with gas. Also use hand sanitizer once I remove them and dispose.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    You obviously do not understand how this works. You have zero body response to this bug. You will come into contact with it eventually, and you will get the virus. The only hope is that after 80%+ the population gets it, we will have herd immunity and it will die out. Until then, take precautions and give it your best effort to not get it for as long as possible. The virus is being reported now, 17 days after the virus touches a surface, it can still be detected as infectious. 17 days just sitting there waiting for you to touch a door knob. Just wash your hands and don't lick public surfaces.
    I knew before many of you heard of Covid 19. I have been on lockdown for 45 days. I am in a very remote area I doubt I will get it in this 1st wave but 3 months from now who knows. Unless I get deployed to set up medical tents then all bets are off.

vCash
    Well yeah, but so can any food you didn't grow yourself. Health professionals request that you wash your hands prior to eating. Also, remive the food from the packaging, throw packaging away, then wash your hands. Do not use their plastic utensils or plates. Use your own.

Literally everything we consume, could have been handled by someone either in a factory, delivery, grocery store, or restaurant employees.

Everyone in this country is going to get the virus either now or in the future, until atleast 80% of the country has an immunity. The main focus now is for everyone not to get it at the same time.

Any food can be contaminated, but workers can't sneeze on food after I cook it.

They don't know whether the virus can infect somebody through the digestive tract. But they have found the virus in feces.

vCash
    I think I may have had it back at the end of February- i had something and it wasnt the flu. I had 2 days of fever and feeling like absolute crap. Slept 12-13 hours each of those days and that just isnt me. I average about 6 hours of sleep per day. Felt better the 3rd day and almost fine the 4th.

It's basically a .7% chance or so of dying. The percentage drops the more testing comes in. I'm not scared and refuse to live that way.

I even ordered Chinese takeout last week. Rock on guys and dont be a *****.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We are ordering one meal a day from local restaurants just to support them. Mid 30s with 3 small kids. Might wouldn't do if I was 70

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I think I may have had it back at the end of February- i had something and it wasnt the flu. I had 2 days of fever and feeling like absolute crap. Slept 12-13 hours each of those days and that just isnt me. I average about 6 hours of sleep per day. Felt better the 3rd day and almost fine the 4th.

It's basically a .7% chance or so of dying. The percentage drops the more testing comes in. I'm not scared and refuse to live that way.

I even ordered Chinese takeout last week. Rock on guys and dont be a *****.
    So, was your cat meat baked, grilled or deep fried...🤔***

vCash
    Will you please cite your sources claiming that this lives on a surface for 17 days in an infectious state?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Trying to do my part keeping business going through all this. I am going to do take out tomorrow night as well.
    I ordered from Lost Pizza ( curb side delivery) in Tupelo twice this week. They host a fundraiser that I support each year so I want to give back, also several of the local liquor stores have curb side service as well....I do worry a little it about getting it via take out food, I reheat it in the microwave and always wash my hands before I eat....
    Last edited by BogeyGolfer; 03-29-2020 at 08:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Brandon has a Sonnys.
    Not even close to the real Sonny's. The only one that matters was on 16th section road and owned by Roosevelt "Sonny" Nichols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Will you please cite your sources claiming that this lives on a surface for 17 days in an infectious state?
    It was reported they found it on surfaces of some cruise ship 17 days after they disembarked. In the article I read, Business Insider I think, they had an expert that was sure it couldn’t be transmitted or if it was traces of the virus or something like that. It was a legit story that FB sharing sensationalized and probably a few misleading headlines along the way.

ETA https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...r-2020-3%3famp

vCash
    Here is a really good interview with Fauci where he talks about what the virus can live on & for how long. If you want an actual answer.

* Beware of metal but it can't survive on boxes & other porous type material

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    It was reported they found it on surfaces of some cruise ship 17 days after they disembarked. In the article I read, Business Insider I think, they had an expert that was sure it couldn’t be transmitted or if it was traces of the virus or something like that. It was a legit story that FB sharing sensationalized and probably a few misleading headlines along the way.

ETA https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...r-2020-3%3famp
    Thanks Beast! I saw the report and figured that was what was being quoted.

The devil is in the details though, and why I asked Buckethead to cite his/her source. While there were traces of the virus found 17 days afterwards, it was not in an infectious state as he/she claimed. The virus has to have a host and it can not survive on inanimate objects longer than a few days. WHO even states "several" days (https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-de...-coronaviruses). As a reminder, several is defined as more than two but not many.

Misinformation being put out without sources is dangerous. I get this is a message board and opinions are welcomed, but if you put something out as fact - I think the responsible thing to do is simply cite where the information came from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Any food can be contaminated, but workers can't sneeze on food after I cook it.

They don't know whether the virus can infect somebody through the digestive tract. But they have found the virus in feces.
    Cook your own food and it will kill the virus if on it. If eat uncooked fruits and veggies be sure to wash thoroughly. Replace plastic on foods and put in containers.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/20...-tips-orig.cnn