Thread: Watching the Egg Bowl again tonight, I have to admit

vCash

Watching the Egg Bowl again tonight, I have to admit

I love running the football. I've watched MSU over 5 decades and that is what we do and we do it well. Nasty OL, power RB or speed, and great QB runners.

I will adjust to our new air raid as long as it moves the chains and scores but there is just something about run the ball down your throat that is just MSU.

Haddix, Roberts, Bond, Keffer, Davis, Bouie, JJ, Miller, Griffith, Norwood, Dixon, Robinson, Ballard, Fitz, Dak, Williams, Hill, etc. I am sure I missed someone big, there have been so many.

Excited for next year just the feeling I have about MSU football. That said I am ready to see what Leach can do.

vCash
    What gets me is every pass play ole miss has lineman 10 yds downfield. Refs didn?t notice/call it until 4th quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I love running the football. I've watched MSU over 5 decades and that is what we do and we do it well. Nasty OL, power RB or speed, and great QB runners.

I will adjust to our new air raid as long as it moves the chains and scores but there is just something about run the ball down your throat that is just MSU.

Haddix, Roberts, Bond, Keffer, Davis, Bouie, JJ, Miller, Griffith, Norwood, Dixon, Robinson, Ballard, Fitz, Dak, Williams, Hill, etc. I am sure I missed someone big, there have been so many.

Excited for next year just the feeling I have about MSU football. That said I am ready to see what Leach can do.
    Me too. Love running the ball no matter what size back we have.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    What gets me is every pass play ole miss has lineman 10 yds downfield. Refs didn?t notice/call it until 4th quarter.
    Yep and that was supposed to be a point of emphasis this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Hugh Freeze and Gus Mahlzahn have made a nice career off of SEC officials overlooking that rule.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    And we will too this year. Tunnel screen with all 5 linemen out front.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    And we will too this year. Tunnel screen with all 5 linemen out front.
    Yeah and this will be the year they decide to enforce it slowing down air raid offense. Figures.

vCash
    We'll still see our running backs perform. Just in open space now.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    The mythical open space argument.
    I do see Leach getting us finally to open the field and getting our RBs matched up with LB in the open field. Why? Cause he will throw the ball all over the place, whether we are ready for it or not.
    I see this first year as a potential 7-5 year with us building to a 10 win season within 3 years. This has been our best chance to do it in a long time. We just need some studs on defense and some stud WRs. We have the RBs to do it. We have the offensive line. We will have the qb to get it done.
    Downvotes_Hype