Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 mens basketball players transferring

vCash

5 mens basketball players transferring

Butts, King, Odoru, Feazell and Datcher are all in the portal. This may end up hurting us if we dont pull in some grad transfers or possibly a JUCO kid or two. I know those guys arent the most talented but they gave us depth, especially Odoru and Feazell. We never got a chance to see how good Butts and King will be but losing 5 players to transfer in one season isnt good.

vCash
    These 5 can be replaced easily not much skill set except feazell.

vCash
    While I get your point you cant really say that about Butts and King with the limited minutes they got we never got a chance to see how good they were. But I know where your coming from, these guys weren't great but from a depth standpoint, it could hurt.

Perry is more than likely going to the NBA too and Carter graduated so that's 7 guys gone. We bring in two Freshmen and get Tolu so that helps but we will still need to get a few more players. Quinton Post may see increased time next year too

vCash
    Is this thinning of the herd or an underlying problem?

vCash
    So, men's b-ball gonna suck next year....if there is a season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Good question and I'm not sure, but losing 5 guys in one off season definitely doesn't look good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    So, men's b-ball gonna suck next year....if there is a season.
    Well we still have Nick, DJ, Iverson, Ado and Woodard so we wont suck, but we have no depth unless we bring some graduate transfers or JUCO guys.
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 03-23-2020 at 07:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Well we still have Nick, DJ, Iverson, Ado and Woodard so we wont suck, but we have no depth unless we bring some graduate transfers or JUCO guys.
    We have those 5 plus Toul Smith who will prob start at the 4 and 2 signees Deivon Smith and Cameron Matthews and Quinton Post.. CBH will prob looking at 1 immediate transfer and maybe 1 or 2 transfers that will be available 2021..

Wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t pick up another late signee from the 2020 class..

vCash
    Just the way college basketball is now. Players aren’t going to wait 2 years for PT.

King I thought had talent - the others I don’t think are irreplaceable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I doubt we were the ones who told most of these guys to go, but none were contributors, so to me it isn't a danger sign. Just shows that if someone doesn't get immediate playing time, they may leave.

vCash
    The only one I kinda mind losing is King. He's a good player, but he didn't have a path to immediately play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    We have those 5 plus Toul Smith who will prob start at the 4 and 2 signees Deivon Smith and Cameron Matthews and Quinton Post.. CBH will prob looking at 1 immediate transfer and maybe 1 or 2 transfers that will be available 2021..

Wouldn?t be surprised if we didn?t pick up another late signee from the 2020 class..
    Gotta think Keondre Montgomery is the leader for that 2020 spot right? Or is there anyone else we're on that you know of?

vCash
    Is Quinten Post expected to be a contributor? He barely played this past year, but he's staying on the team apparently, and in one of our games, the SEC Network guys were talking about how he has lots of potential to be a starter down the road.

vCash
    Feazell was the only unexpected one, but he averaged under 2 ppg this year. There's something close to 400 players in the transfer portal in college basketball right now. I'm sure we will find replacements. Most of those guys weren't going to play next season. Butts, Odoru, and King primarily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Just the way college basketball is now. Players aren?t going to wait 2 years for PT.

King I thought had talent - the others I don?t think are irreplaceable
    Agree. I think King has some potential to be good down the road. We can get players to replace the others and probably King as well. No issues, this is actually healthy to a degree. Means we got some talent ahead of these guys. If no one ever leaves, you don't have enough talent.

vCash
    Gotta find a Shooter! Need to pair a shooter with DJ and utilize Nick best attribute as a slasher. would love to find a reliable 3pt guy and if some of the younger guys make a decent jump we could still be dangerous.

vCash
    The best to all of these players as they move forward.

Remember, Ben Hansbrough transferred, did really well at Notredame. Same for Romero Osby at Oklahoma. Phil Turner...Delta State
    Last edited by jdelta02; 03-24-2020 at 12:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Is Quinten Post expected to be a contributor? He barely played this past year, but he's staying on the team apparently, and in one of our games, the SEC Network guys were talking about how he has lots of potential to be a starter down the road.
    Judging from photos prior to last season, as of that time he needed to put on about 40 pounds to have a chance at not getting broken in half by SEC posts. My guess would be that has a lot to do with it.

vCash
    Oduro was the only one not suggested to look elsewhere, the rest were given some influence. Datcher didn't use a scholly this past season, and he is now a grad transfer.
    Butts and King were projects, guess they didn't pan out.
    Feazell will be a solid SWAC player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    Oduro was the only one not suggested to look elsewhere, the rest were given some influence. Datcher didn't use a scholly this past season, and he is now a grad transfer.
    Butts and King were projects, guess they didn't pan out.
    Feazell will be a solid SWAC player.
    Agree. I think Oduro can be a solid contributor. Good motor for his size. Feazell will excel at lower level.