Thread: SECN MSU takeover this week

vCash

SECN MSU takeover this week

Starts late Monday night and all day Tuesday capping off on Tuesday night at 8:00 with Egg Bowl replay.

vCash
    Noice!! First work at home day and I get this. Good silver lining.

vCash
    Could the university upload and steam old games to the internet? Run a constant stream. They may not be legally able to do that but id watch if there was one.

vCash
    A lot of the old games are there in full on YouTube if you ever want a specific one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    A lot of the old games are there in full on YouTube if you ever want a specific one.
    I wish there were more. Like the 1999 Egg Bowl in it's entirety. I'm surprised it's not up on there to be honest.

vCash
    I'd like to watch some mike leach with gardener minshew or 2019 if anybody has that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I'd like to watch some mike leach with gardener minshew or 2019 if anybody has that
    Go to YouTube search Washington state 2018 football... there you will find what you are looking for

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hp22 View Post
    Could the university upload and steam old games to the internet? Run a constant stream. They may not be legally able to do that but id watch if there was one.
    We use to have a subscription service through HailState that had a bunch, but it vanished in 2015.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I wish there were more. Like the 1999 Egg Bowl in it's entirety. I'm surprised it's not up on there to be honest.
    I bought a copy of it on dvd from this guy last year, he's totally legitimate: https://myfootballdvds.com/mississip..._football.html
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I bought a copy of it on dvd from this guy last year, he's totally legitimate: https://myfootballdvds.com/mississip..._football.html
    How much were they?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maridian Dawg View Post
    How much were they?
    I bought 5 two years ago for $38.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Thanks man!

I wish he had 1998 MSU/Alabama and 1999 MSU/LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Thanks man!

I wish he had 1998 MSU/Alabama and 1999 MSU/LSU.
    For those too young, MSU was a dominant program in late 90s. Best in SECW over 4 year period. We just lost one too many a couple years or we would have won SECW 3-4 straight years.

I went to my only game at Bama in 97 and we pushed them around. I sat in middle of Tide Pride section (bought tickets from guy at work in Alabama, I think he assumed I was a Bama fan). My wife was a Bama fan at the time (converted to MSU now, there is hope for some). Bama was hating some MSU back then.

vCash
    This past years game vs Ky is now on. Really.....this is the best we can do? How about something from when we were really good!!!
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    2000 auburn football game please. Rudi Johnson was leading the league in rushing coming into that day. He had 26 yards total and Auburn didn't get a first down the entire first half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    For those too young, MSU was a dominant program in late 90s. Best in SECW over 4 year period. We just lost one too many a couple years or we would have won SECW 3-4 straight years.

I went to my only game at Bama in 97 and we pushed them around. I sat in middle of Tide Pride section (bought tickets from guy at work in Alabama, I think he assumed I was a Bama fan). My wife was a Bama fan at the time (converted to MSU now, there is hope for some). Bama was hating some MSU back then.
    You're absolutely right. I see all of these MSU fans "Dan and 2014, #1" which was a great season- but it was honestly about like that 2-3 years in a row in the late 1990's. We almost won the SEC West in 1997- all we had to do was beat Arkansas and Ole Miss and didn't win either. But the next year we won the West and then we went 10-2 the next year and lost to Alabama on the road otherwise we probably win it that year too. And then in 2000 we went 8-4 and beat down Florida after a lot of critics called our schedule the previous two years "weak" and beat Auburn who won the SEC West. From 1996-2000 we beat either the team that won the SEC West or the team that won the East every year except for 1998 and 1999- one of those being the year we won the West and 1999 I'm fine with going 10-2. We didn't lose any home games between 1998-2000 until Arkansas 2000.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    This past years game vs Ky is now on. Really.....this is the best we can do? How about something from when we were really good!!!
    What? You're not impressed with a UK win that probably doesn't crack MSU's top 10 of UK wins in football?**

Whoever did our SEC Takeover is completely lazy. Really the most memorable win over UK for me was 1999. We definitely had some ridiculous RB performances to choose from against them though- Josh Robinson in 2014, Dixon in 2009, Michael Davis and Kevin Bouie in 1994. 1992 and 1997 against UK were more memorable than last year too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hp22 View Post
    2000 auburn football game please. Rudi Johnson was leading the league in rushing coming into that day. He had 26 yards total and Auburn didn't get a first down the entire first half.
    2000 Auburn is on YouTube from the second quarter until the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    The takeover is only games from last year. Yep the UK game was about as good as we were and then the Egg Bowl coming up at 8 for the cherry on our takeover.