Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confirmed cases in Oktibbeha (1) and Lowndes (2) Counties

vCash
    Anything goin' on? I've been in the woods the last few days....

Seriously, hang in there fellas!!!!
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog View Post
    Has been waived by the President
    Is that true? Have not heard that. They do need to release a few details about some early cases so adjustments can be made. Name doesn't matter to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hp22 View Post
    This makes one bold assumption. And that assumption is that your local community realizes the consequence of not taking quarantine seriously. Should the virus spread at a higher rate within your community than the national average and your community has an unprepared infrastructure, then it could be devastating with people not being able to receive proper care.

Your greatest strength can become a weakness. It's why I get aggrevated when I see people continuing through their day here as if nothing is different.

The doctors,.nurses and hospital staff are the heroes here. I can't imagine what those days are like.
    Agree with wilddawg in his basic premise that Miss has some advantages. How does virus get to a state - travel. Miss greatest risk is probably the Universities, a few large cities and some family traveling back home from somewhere. Miss doesn't have as many world travelers as other states and less population density.

Agree with some not taking necessary precautions and helping the spread. Much of the young generation has ignored warnings. Had a couple young guys at work ignore staying near home and went to a large infected city to party. One came back and was sick, tested positive for flu but they didn't test for COV19? Yeah he came to work too. They were told not to go before but they ignored advice. Most of the young look at this as another vacation. So ignorant. The economic impact of this will take years to resolve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree with wilddawg in his basic premise that Miss has some advantages. How does virus get to a state - travel. Miss greatest risk is probably the Universities, a few large cities and some family traveling back home from somewhere. Miss doesn't have as many world travelers as other states and less population density.

Agree with some not taking necessary precautions and helping the spread. Much of the young generation has ignored warnings. Had a couple young guys at work ignore staying near home and went to a large infected city to party. One came back and was sick, tested positive for flu but they didn't test for COV19? Yeah he came to work too. They were told not to go before but they ignored advice. Most of the young look at this as another vacation. So ignorant. The economic impact of this will take years to resolve.
    Our department issued a policy that if someone traveled for spring break they were not allowed to return to work for 2 weeks. We have now gone to a skeleton crew and pretty intense sterilization policy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I saw the article where the local doctor confirmed it and he was on WCBI at 10 last night but Baptist 'neither confirmed nor denied they had cases'. The reason I was asking is that I heard about 2 of them at work yesterday and one was mentioned as being a restaurant employee in Columbus. If that were true, you'd think they'd want everyone who ate at that restaurant last week to know.
    They?ve done the same crap here in Dallas county. A restaurant employee tested positive for the virus and the county never made that information public. Even if they tried to track down the customers by credit card receipts, if a person paid cash for their meal the county has no way to find them. The only way anyone found out about it was because the restaurant owner came forward and announced it for the good of the public. This is just incredibly short sighted when states and counties try to keep this information private. South Korea has been totally transparent about releasing this kind of information and they have not had to shut down the country the way the U.S. has.
    Last edited by Joebob; 03-22-2020 at 01:12 PM.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.