Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Confirmed cases in Oktibbeha (1) and Lowndes (2) Counties

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    10

    Confirmed cases in Oktibbeha (1) and Lowndes (2) Counties

    This was confirmed on Friday the 20th.

  2. #2
    Senior Member starkvegasdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Eye of the Storm
    Posts
    20,264
    vCash
    775
    Confirmed by who?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Confirmed by who?
    Medical personnel in Lowndes and I know a family relative of the one in Oktibbeha. Patient is in ICU at OCH.

  4. #4
    General Public Political Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    General Public
    Posts
    17,145
    vCash
    4648
    Its a national issue. I know it's hitting Mississippi late, and I hope that helps save lives, but please stay ahead of this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6,619
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    Medical personnel in Lowndes and I know a family relative of the one in Oktibbeha. Patient is in ICU at OCH.
    Age of patient in icu?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Age of patient in icu?
    Don?t know. Third person now diagnosed in Lowdnes County.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,487
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    Don?t know. Third person now diagnosed in Lowdnes County.
    Why will Baptist hospital not confirm this? Seems counter-intuitive to public safety to me.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    128
    vCash
    600
    Being a rural state will play to our advantage. Doesn't mean we should take it lightly. Prayers to the man or woman in icu

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    18,833
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Why will Baptist hospital not confirm this? Seems counter-intuitive to public safety to me.
    MDH site has the Lowndes cases listed.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Why will Baptist hospital not confirm this? Seems counter-intuitive to public safety to me.
    A local doctor did confirm it late yesterday. Now it's four cases in Lowndes and non in Okt County. I think the one in Okt Hospital must live in west Lowndes County.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    84
    vCash
    600

    Possibly

    Quote Originally Posted by wild_dawg View Post
    Being a rural state will play to our advantage. Doesn't mean we should take it lightly. Prayers to the man or woman in icu
    This makes one bold assumption. And that assumption is that your local community realizes the consequence of not taking quarantine seriously. Should the virus spread at a higher rate within your community than the national average and your community has an unprepared infrastructure, then it could be devastating with people not being able to receive proper care.

    Your greatest strength can become a weakness. It's why I get aggrevated when I see people continuing through their day here as if nothing is different.

    The doctors,.nurses and hospital staff are the heroes here. I can't imagine what those days are like.
    Last edited by hp22; 03-21-2020 at 11:41 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,487
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    A local doctor did confirm it late yesterday. Now it's four cases in Lowndes and non in Okt County. I think the one in Okt Hospital must live in west Lowndes County.
    I saw the article where the local doctor confirmed it and he was on WCBI at 10 last night but Baptist 'neither confirmed nor denied they had cases'. The reason I was asking is that I heard about 2 of them at work yesterday and one was mentioned as being a restaurant employee in Columbus. If that were true, you'd think they'd want everyone who ate at that restaurant last week to know.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,855
    vCash
    600
    HIPAA...

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I saw the article where the local doctor confirmed it and he was on WCBI at 10 last night but Baptist 'neither confirmed nor denied they had cases'. The reason I was asking is that I heard about 2 of them at work yesterday and one was mentioned as being a restaurant employee in Columbus. If that were true, you'd think they'd want everyone who ate at that restaurant last week to know.
    Yes and Hippaa and one was an employee of the restaurant near the courthouse where I ate last week. As soon as that employee tested positive he shutdown all operations. It’s pretty much public knowledge now which restaurant this was.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    61
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    HIPAA...
    Has been waived by the President

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    Yes and Hippaa and one was an employee of the restaurant near the courthouse where I ate last week. As soon as that employee tested positive he shutdown all operations. It?s pretty much public knowledge now which restaurant this was.
    Where?
    Last edited by BigDawgB; 03-21-2020 at 05:46 PM.

  17. #17
    Senior Member starkvegasdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Eye of the Storm
    Posts
    20,264
    vCash
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawgB View Post
    Where?
    Zachary's is what I'm hearing.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,487
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Zachary's is what I'm hearing.
    Same thing I heard.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Maroonthirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,872
    vCash
    1888
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Zachary's is what I'm hearing.
    So if y'all got that much.... have you heard if they had been on a trip? Where did they go?

    Thanks

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,487
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    So if y'all got that much.... have you heard if they had been on a trip? Where did they go?

    Thanks
    Nope. All I heard yesterday was 2 in Lowndes. Then a co-worker from Columbus said he heard one was a 7 year old boy and the other worked at Zachary's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.