Thread: Taking a break from the bug and enjoying MLB network classic games

vCash

Taking a break from the bug and enjoying MLB network classic games

Just wanted to start a thread about something other than the corona. Without live sports now MLB Network has been showing some classic games from the past and I've been digging it! Watched the 1976 Game 5 between Royals and Yankees that ended with Chris Chambliss walk off and the fans storming the field and he never made it to home plate. Last night I watched Fidrych first televised game on Monday night baseball against the Yankees. Watching some others and it's bringing back some sweet memories. Gonna continue to enjoy watching some of the classics to give my mind a break from all the sadness and tragedy going on in the world today.

Y'all share some of your favorite games from the past in any sport.

I enjoy this board and what it brings. Lot of good folks on here! Praying for the world, Our Country and all y'all and your familes! Stay safe and see you on the other side!

vCash
    YouTube is the greatest thing. If you are old enough you can watch all the old "NFL this week" with Tom Brookshire and Pat Summerall/ Brings back great memories

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    YouTube is the greatest thing. If you are old enough you can watch all the old "NFL this week" with Tom Brookshire and Pat Summerall/ Brings back great memories
    I'm old enough lol! I'm gonna have to check that out, I remember that show well. Good Stuff!

vCash
    Best all time TV broadcasters, Pee Wee Reese and the great Dizzy Dean! Old Diz would start drinking Falstaff which was a huge advertisement back in the day, and talk about his Mississippi roots and sing The Wabash Cannonball! Great memories watching the greatest baseball team of all time, 1961 Yankees. Brookshire and Summerall are my second most admired broadcasters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Best all time TV broadcasters, Pee Wee Reese and the great Dizzy Dean! Old Diz would start drinking Falstaff which was a huge advertisement back in the day, and talk about his Mississippi roots and sing The Wabash Cannonball! Great memories watching the greatest baseball team of all time, 1961 Yankees. Brookshire and Summerall are my second most admired broadcasters.
    Loved listening to Dizzy do the baseball games! I agree on Sumerall and Brookshire. My favorite broadcaster of all time though, Vin Scully. We lived in Arizona for 6 years when I was younger back in the 70's in the days before a gazillion tv stations. Listened to Dodger games every night when I wasn't playing. He was the best!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I'm old enough lol! I'm gonna have to check that out, I remember that show well. Good Stuff!
    And you get to listen to the NFL Films music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    And you get to listen to the NFL Films music.
    Oh I remember that corny canned music lol. Great memories!

vCash
    2011 World Series Game 6 is the best for me as a Cardinals fan. That and the 2004 NLCS and the game 6 of the 1985 NLCS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    2011 World Series Game 6 is the best for me as a Cardinals fan. That and the 2004 NLCS and the game 6 of the 1985 NLCS.
    I knew you'd get on this one. I was living in Los Angeles in 1985 and I remember that series so well and that game. Jack Clark with that 3 run homer in the 9th. I'll never forget him pimping that hr and that big wide turn he made heading to first out of the box and screaming at his teamates and Pedro Guererro burying his face in the wall as that ball went out. Good stuff!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I knew you'd get on this one. I was living in Los Angeles in 1985 and I remember that series so well and that game. Jack Clark with that 3 run homer in the 9th. I'll never forget him pimping that hr and that big wide turn he made heading to first out of the box and screaming at his teamates and Pedro Guererro burying his face in the wall as that ball went out. Good stuff!
    Really difficult decision for Lasorda pitching to Clark with the base open and I'm not sure that there was a right decision there.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Watch the youtube special on Kerry Wood's 20k game. It is awesome.
    I also learned that his fist bump at the end of the game is what hurt his arm for his career.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Really difficult decision for Lasorda pitching to Clark with the base open and I'm not sure that there was a right decision there.
    He was the only player on that team with any pop I would've walked him but that's just me and Lasordas won way more mlb games than me lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Watch the youtube special on Kerry Wood's 20k game. It is awesome.
    I also learned that his fist bump at the end of the game is what hurt his arm for his career.
    I'm gonna check it out. Thanks!

vCash
    I remember the braves LCS games of the early 90s. As I was young they all run together but I recall staying up in bed with all the lights out watching those games with the low pitching angles. Made the breaking balls look ridiculous.

One single game that stands out to me is the 98 cubs brewers game where brant brown dropped the ball to lose the game. Of course they best the giants in the single game to make the LDS. Michael tucker’s Homerum iff Kevin brown in that’s yRS LCS also stands out. And mike deveaux and Steve Avery sending Atlanta to the series in 95.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I remember the braves LCS games of the early 90s. As I was young they all run together but I recall staying up in bed with all the lights out watching those games with the low pitching angles. Made the breaking balls look ridiculous.

One single game that stands out to me is the 98 cubs brewers game where brant brown dropped the ball to lose the game. Of course they best the giants in the single game to make the LDS. Michael tucker’s Homerum iff Kevin brown in that’s yRS LCS also stands out. And mike deveaux and Steve Avery sending Atlanta to the series in 95.
    Game 7, 1992 when Sid slid is one I'll never ever forget! Was an amazing comeback! To bad we didn't win the series that year!