Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Pirate is Totally Chilling in Key West Right Now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    No. Look at countries that are effected by malaria. Virtually NO COVID.
    Yep.

vCash
    Those folks that claimed the heat had no effect against this thing are working for the CDC ..... I built their enormous Laboratory Consolidation bldg and got to know some of these guys - THEY KNOW WAY MORE THAN YOU and their opinions are based in fact - not speculation

ETA - I hope this thread doesn't continue to head in this direction ... so many of us are thirsty for non virus discussion
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    The ol' Pirate ought to be 100% fresh and ready to go by the time football season gets here! He's just chillin' enjoy the beach and the sun. Must be nice to be an extremely wealth football coach lol

vCash
    Well I wonder how many think Leach will have a better SEC and Overall record than DM? I think Leach was about as good as we can get right now, I'm not sure how long he will Coach at Msu, but I'm not buying he will coach 9 years like DM.

I say Leach and DM will be about the same, so I'm going with "push".

vCash
    I wonder if those countries are testing as much, or have as much contact with travelers who would have brought it there? I don't know, but the experts have so far said there is no evidence to support that the heat/humidity has a meaningful impact on it. Hope they're wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Well I wonder how many think Leach will have a better SEC and Overall record than DM? I think Leach was about as good as we can get right now, I'm not sure how long he will Coach at Msu, but I'm not buying he will coach 9 years like DM.

I say Leach and DM will be about the same, so I'm going with "push".
    I think Leach will have a better overall winning percentage than Mullen at MSU because I think he's going to have more consistent QB & WR play that'll allow to win more big games.

With that however, I think we will lose more games we are favored in, but overall I think he'll do a little better & I also don't think he likes change. So he'll be here for a while.

Would Florida be a better football team with Leach as their coach or Mullen? Would Florida have a better chance at beating Georgia with Leach or Mullen?

Mullen is an outstanding football coach, but based on careers, I'm likely taking Leach
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Because malaria is rampant in the USA during the summer months!!! Thanks for making us all put this into perspective!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think Leach will have a better overall winning percentage than Mullen at MSU because I think he's going to have more consistent QB & WR play that'll allow to win more big games.

With that however, I think we will lose more games we are favored in, but overall I think he'll do a little better & I also don't think he likes change. So he'll be here for a while.

Would Florida be a better football team with Leach as their coach or Mullen? Would Florida have a better chance at beating Georgia with Leach or Mullen?

Mullen is an outstanding football coach, but based on careers, I'm likely taking Leach
    I still think Dan is an average football coach. He coached up to the talent he has and he does things that limit the ceiling of the team like play mostly upperclassmen here.

Leach on the other hand has a history of coaching up and occasionally upsetting people. However for whatever reason it seems like he also has a WTF? loss or at least is more prone to having them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Didn't Tom Hanks contract the virus in Australia? It's humid/hot there.
    It's early fall there. Where he was in the country depends on how warm or cold it is.

Just for interest: https://www.weatherwx.com/weather_ma...alia&degrees=F

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I still think Dan is an average football coach. He coached up to the talent he has and he does things that limit the ceiling of the team like play mostly upperclassmen here.

Leach on the other hand has a history of coaching up and occasionally upsetting people. However for whatever reason it seems like he also has a WTF? loss or at least is more prone to having them.
    Hmm, I think Dan is way above average, fact is he is top 25 Coach, average would be n the 50 top Coaches. If he is average, then explain why he gets paid with the amount he receives? JMO.

Btw, Dan and Fl are a good fit, Gators name recruits many players alone. I think he gets the most out of players he recruits and coaches, but he isn't elite in recruiting, he does find diamonds in the rough.

vCash
    I work in percentages with this type of stuff.

I'd say there is a about a 5-10% chance the 2020 season is cancelled.
    Who do you work for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Dan is a fantastic football coach. Well above average.

What we don't know is how good of a football coach Mike Leach is. We know he's good but we don't know how good.

We are fairly certain how good Mullen is. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being Dabo/Saban territory & 1 being Ron Cooper territory, we can be pretty positive that Mullen falls somewhere around an 8.

What we don't really know is if Mike Leach is a 7 or 8 or if he's a 9 or 10 because he's never coached legit talent & mostly that's not his fault because he's never coached at a place that any chance of attracting that type of talent.

We know Leach is good, but no one really knows how good. We're about to find out to a large degree, not because MSU is going to recruit their doors off, but because we know Mullen is likely an 8 coach & has already coached at MSU & thus it'll be easy to compare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    Who do you work for?
    Callahan Auto Parts

vCash
    Hmm, I think Dan is way above average, fact is he is top 25 Coach, average would be n the 50 top Coaches. If he is average, then explain why he gets paid with the amount he receives? JMO.

Btw, Dan and Fl are a good fit, Gators name recruits many players alone. I think he gets the most out of players he recruits and coaches, but he isn't elite in recruiting, he does find diamonds in the rough.
    Dan is more like a top 10 coach. When he really applies himself maybe top 5. He can get the most out of his talent more so than just about anyone ... although Leach might be the one or 2 that are better than Dan is at that. Saban's not in Dan's league relative to finding diamonds-in-the-rough and coaching them up.

Dan does have a few flaws ... recruiting, big game preparation, 2-minute drill execution, mental blocks against Smart & Saban. He ever gets past those at FL, they'll probably win a Natty.

vCash
    Callahan Auto Parts
    It's TommyBoy. I knew it...

vCash
    That take is fictional. Heat has nothing to do with it. Those Malaria countries also don't have the means to test people in many cases.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash

I think he's overpaid. I agree that Dan and Florida are a good fit but that doesn't mean that Dan is a top 10 coach as some have claimed. If you put Dan at Washington State or Texas Tech how would he do? To me an elite coach is someone like a Dabo or a Saban that can coach a team up and occasionally upset a team with more talent than them. I don't think Dan does that consistently enough to be considered that. At Florida alone Spurrier and Meyer have performed much better.

Dan is a fantastic football coach. Well above average.

What we don't know is how good of a football coach Mike Leach is. We know he's good but we don't know how good.

We are fairly certain how good Mullen is. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being Dabo/Saban territory & 1 being Ron Cooper territory, we can be pretty positive that Mullen falls somewhere around an 8.

What we don't really know is if Mike Leach is a 7 or 8 or if he's a 9 or 10 because he's never coached legit talent & mostly that's not his fault because he's never coached at a place that any chance of attracting that type of talent.

We know Leach is good, but no one really knows how good. We're about to find out to a large degree, not because MSU is going to recruit their doors off, but because we know Mullen is likely an 8 coach & has already coached at MSU & thus it'll be easy to compare.
    Leach also falls into the category of innovator. That doesn't mean that he is a good or bad head coach but I do think it separates him and puts him in a different category. If Leach wins the games he is supposed to at the same rate as Dan, pays attention to the Egg Bowl, and upsets people occasionally he will be better than Dan and Jackie for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Dan is more like a top 10 coach. When he really applies himself maybe top 5. He can get the most out of his talent more so than just about anyone ... although Leach might be the one or 2 that are better than Dan is at that. Saban's not in Dan's league relative to finding diamonds-in-the-rough and coaching them up.

Dan does have a few flaws ... recruiting, big game preparation, 2-minute drill execution, mental blocks against Smart & Saban. He ever gets past those at FL, they'll probably win a Natty.
    That's my thing- Saban is an elite coach. If he was the coach at MSU and Alabama was courting him does anyone really think an elite coach would gloss over the Egg Bowl? The things that you mentioned are why Dan isn't a top 10 coach to me. It's interesting to me how people gloss over the fact that he lost to the same Kentucky team that Joe Moorhead got raked over the coals for losing to as well as Mizzou and he has lost to Georgia both times. His best wins are over a 10 win LSU team at home (credit where credit is due), an 8 win Auburn team, a Michigan team that was overrated, and then MSU with Joe Moorhead. To me the biggest difference between him here and at Florida right now is he doesn't have to play Alabama.

It will be interesting to see how things play out as Tennessee improves and maybe Norvell gets Florida State back on track. Miami is also down too.

vCash
    Jamaica had its first case March 10. They have 19 cases today. It's over 80 degrees there every day since March 10.

vCash
    Some people need to think more before they post. The human body runs at a chilling 98 degrees and the virus wants to live there.

vCash
    They are all taking the malaria drug. Just sayin

Back on track, I’m glad Coach is healthy and chillin. He needs to relax and stay stress free and come out of this ready for battle this fall.