Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Even if the virus peaks

vCash
    Again, how many test you think Africa is conducting? But that’s an aside. It’s spread to 24 Africa an countries so it’s spreading despite temperature. It’s not seasonal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Guess we'll see. Right now this is what we know.... Africa, tiny circles.

Guess all the rest of those southern hemisphere and equatorial countries on that map aren't warm?
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Again, how many test you think Africa is conducting? But that’s an aside. It’s spread to 24 Africa an countries so it’s spreading despite temperature. It’s not seasonal.
    FWIW, it's only 77 degrees today in Tamanghasset, Algeria, which is right in the middle of the Sahara desert & only 87 degrees in the Congo today.

Just saying. Maybe 100 in the Summer will knock it out
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    FWIW, it's only 77 degrees today in Tamanghasset, Algeria, which is right in the middle of the Sahara desert & only 87 degrees in the Congo today.

Just saying. Maybe 100 in the Summer will knock it out
    I hope your right but that’s something you a me and hoping for and not what infectious disease doctors are saying. Me and you hoping don’t mean jack shit.

vCash
    I hope your right but that’s something you a me and hoping for and not what infectious disease doctors are saying. Me and you hoping don’t mean jack shit.
    haha. I know. I was just egging it on.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I hope your right but that?s something you a me and hoping for and not what infectious disease doctors are saying. Me and you hoping don?t mean jack shit.
    Then why are you so triggered? Im headed out to get a milkshake.

See ya in the funny papers.

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    The US can only Hunker Down so long....

vCash
    Well your guessing is incorrect. It?s confirmed in 24 African countries and actively spreading. And if you don?t think we?re testing enough folks, and I don?t, Africa doesn?t have the means to test anywhere near our capability. This is a worldwide virus that is not seasonal. This is not a flu virus. I can?t say that loud enough. The Dr on Rogan and numerous other Drs have said it?s not seasonal.
    That seems to be the case. The northern hemisphere is in the spring season, the southern in the fall season, and the tropics are always in summer. The virus is affecting people everywhere, and it's concentrated where people are concentrated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Then why are you so triggered? Im headed out to get a milkshake.

See ya in the funny papers.

Ok boomer

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Flattening yhe curve and the hospital situation are the exact same thing. The curve cannot surpass our medical capabilities. Hell if no one was dying, it would be business as always. Snotty nose doesn't care if its allergies or some other non-life threatening thing.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ronavirus.html

Per Harvard, We better hope it is not "over" by the fall.

Or we will have 100,000's of thousands dead. We don't have the Hospital or ICU beds for 6 month peak if only 20% of the US population gets it. Which experts think is low.

https://projects.propublica.org/grap...ovid-hospitals

I don't know how our economy is going to handle it. But something has to give.

Also, a vaccine is a year to 18 months away....
    https://www.pharmaceutical-technolog...e-development/

It will likely take at least a year for a Covid-19 vaccine to be approved and made available to patients;

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ronavirus.html

Per Harvard, We better hope it is not "over" by the fall.

Or we will have 100,000's of thousands dead. We don't have the Hospital or ICU beds for 6 month peak if only 20% of the US population gets it. Which experts think is low.

https://projects.propublica.org/grap...ovid-hospitals

I don't know how our economy is going to handle it. But something has to give.

Also, a vaccine is a year to 18 months away....
    https://www.pharmaceutical-technolog...e-development/
    So are you implying that at a given time 20% of the population will have it all at the same time OR over the course of 6 months 20% of people may contract it and truthfully, the majority won't require hospitalization but will have contracted the virus?

That's a very vague number and hypothetical stat. See below.

"Even in a best-case scenario, with cases of coronavirus spread out over 18 months, American hospital beds would be about 95% full. (This assumes that hospitals don?t free up already occupied beds or add more beds, as some elected officials have called for.) Some regions would have the capacity to handle the surge in hospitalizations without adding new beds or displacing other patients."

https://projects.propublica.org/grap...vid-hospitals/

So the stats are based off no one recovering and opening a bed for a new patient to move in and also NO new beds being added to what we have currently.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah. No one really knows. He's going to make a conservative estimate because if he's wrong and it's sooner than expected he looks even better. If I had to make an educated guess I'd say June.
    Given his unique track record, he just made all that up. His guess is slightly less based on facts than many here. At least we read and can understand what we have just read.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash

I don't trust any map that has 2 Africas on it*
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Here's something scary. I watched something on the flu pandemic of 1918 that talked about how that flu strain mutated in the summer and came back worse in the fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    The US can only Hunker Down so long....
    If hunkered down means working from home and all my kids there, I think I'll survive. Damn sure beats traveling all over all the time and that two hours of driving to the office. How about people use the time to do things at home with family and enjoy it? Life doesn't slow down. You better take advantage when it does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Here's something scary. I watched something on the flu pandemic of 1918 that talked about how that flu strain mutated in the summer and came back worse in the fall.
    Drs have said the flu is somewhat unique in its ability to mutate. This isn't the flu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Do y'all think this will impact next football seasons attendance? I'm of the opinion that it really will.
    As things are going so far looks like no football so no attendance.

vCash
    Deleted
    Last edited by ScottH; 03-22-2020 at 09:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    As things are going so far looks like no football so no attendance.
    I wonder if it's safe enough for teams to play at that point but not crowds if they just play to empty or limited stadiums?