Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Even if the virus peaks

vCash
    There's going to be no school or practice all summer in all likelihood. And that means no football. This stuff should peak in a couple months, but it's not going to just go away.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    If hunkered down means working from home and all my kids there, I think I'll survive. Damn sure beats traveling all over all the time and that two hours of driving to the office. How about people use the time to do things at home with family and enjoy it? Life doesn't slow down. You better take advantage when it does.
    Well if we have to hunker down for too long there won't be an office for people to drive to when it's over and we will have a major economic collapse that will kill way more people than this virus.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    Interesting question. I think it?ll probably depend on how prevalent it is at the time. It might be more of a factor later in the season when the weather cools down. The students won?t care about it one way or the other.
    I think it dwindles away and will be completely gone by November 3, 2020 and we won't hear anything else about it again. Until maybe February 2024.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I am going to say no. By June 1st it will have subsided and will be an afterthought.
    I hope you are right and every other medical professional I have been talking to is wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Guess we'll see. Right now this is what we know.... Africa, tiny circles.

Look at that map of where the 'rona ain't....

And look at this map of where malaria is.... it's a promising coincidence, or malaria drugs work well against the virus.

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Look at that map of where the 'rona ain't....

And look at this map of where malaria is.... it's a promising coincidence, or malaria drugs work well against the virus.

They don't have many tests in Africa. Also, they're mostly poor -- very little travel between countries.

Look at the Asian countries on the tropics. Look at South American countries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    They don't have many tests in Africa. Also, they're mostly poor -- very little travel between countries.

Look at the Asian countries on the tropics. Look at South American countries.
    Its hotter in MS than it is in Ecuador right now. Same with Australia

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I wonder if it's safe enough for teams to play at that point but not crowds if they just play to empty or limited stadiums?
    No it would not be safe for teams to play without crowds. Not football anyway. Golf probably. Basketball is a no. Baseball would probably be alright.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    So are you implying that at a given time 20% of the population will have it all at the same time OR over the course of 6 months 20% of people may contract it and truthfully, the majority won't require hospitalization but will have contracted the virus?

That's a very vague number and hypothetical stat. See below.

"Even in a best-case scenario, with cases of coronavirus spread out over 18 months, American hospital beds would be about 95% full. (This assumes that hospitals don?t free up already occupied beds or add more beds, as some elected officials have called for.) Some regions would have the capacity to handle the surge in hospitalizations without adding new beds or displacing other patients."

https://projects.propublica.org/grap...vid-hospitals/

So the stats are based off no one recovering and opening a bed for a new patient to move in and also NO new beds being added to what we have currently.
    I'm not implying shit.

I'm citing research on how many beds there were when this started and how many WILL be needed if 20% of the population gets it. Currently much less than 20% has it and New York, Atlanta, and New Orleans are out of beds. Just like I ****ing Cited....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    I'm not implying shit.

I'm citing research on how many beds there were when this started and how many WILL be needed if 20% of the population gets it. Currently much less than 20% has it and New York, Atlanta, and New Orleans are out of beds. Just like I ****ing Cited....
    I assure you NOLA is not out of beds. Just trust me on this. I have REALLY good sources.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I assure you NOLA is not out of beds. Just trust me on this. I have REALLY good sources.
    I can second this. They ARE not out of beds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    I'm not implying shit.

Another quote from way back that is out of context at this point.

I guess my reason for asking was that at that time over a week ago it was safe to assume more hospital beds would become available. That is the reason I quoted that from the article you cited) Your original post was unclear in what you posted that I was responding to. Sorry for asking, good Lord.

I guess no one should ask for clarification on anything that is posted.
    Last edited by StateDawg44; 03-30-2020 at 12:52 PM.