Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Even if the virus peaks

vCash

Even if the virus peaks

Do y'all think this will impact next football seasons attendance? I'm of the opinion that it really will.

vCash
    Interesting question. I think it’ll probably depend on how prevalent it is at the time. It might be more of a factor later in the season when the weather cools down. The students won’t care about it one way or the other.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    I think if it peaks/passes by football season I think attendance will be better because we've lost so much sports. And in theory our fans that would have spent money on baseball/maybe Omaha/the women's NCAA Tournament/Men's NIT (Yes, let's all be honest here they were going to screw it up the SEC Tournament and we all knew that was going to happen deep down inside) will have the money to spend on football.

There are always other factors too such as how the team is doing, confidence in the program, how good the product is on and off the field in the stands with concessions and things like that which I fully expect to improve over last year. We also have a new coach that everyone is excited about and so I think people were going to come and attendance was going to increase initially regardless.

If we have a really good season we could set whatever bowl attendance records this year.

vCash
    All depends on the timing & what the current outlook is at that time.

I think at some point everyone will become fatigued by this unless deaths start to hit close to home
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    It’ll be almost forgotten by then.

People will be excited to get out to see sports again.

vCash
    Trump said today we may be dealing with these issues till possibly August.....

.....when asked how long the new normal will be in place. Trump stated
    "We'll see what happens but they think August, could be July." Trump told reporters at the White House, "Could be longer than that."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    Trump said today we may be dealing with these issues till possibly August.....

.....when asked how long the new normal will be in place. Trump stated
    "We'll see what happens but they think August, could be July." Trump told reporters at the White House, "Could be longer than that."
    Yeah. No one really knows. He's going to make a conservative estimate because if he's wrong and it's sooner than expected he looks even better. If I had to make an educated guess I'd say June.

vCash
    Much like in China, I will be very interested to see what happen with the "suggested quarantine" is lifted here. With how contagious this virus it wouldn't suprise me if this blew up again for a Round 2 when everyone gets back out into the public. Of course, at least a portion of the population would have some kind of immunity at that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    All depends on the timing & what the current outlook is at that time.

I think at some point everyone will become fatigued by this unless deaths start to hit close to home
    Hell fatigued has already set in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Hell fatigued has already set in.
    The main issue is that here is that this is an untenable situation for the economy.

Sure, we can shut things down for a week or two, but after that, when nobody is getting paid, people will have to choose the risk of getting the virus over losing their business or not being able to pay their rent or mortgage.

With all these bars, restaurants, etc closing down right now, who is going to pay the rent or mortgage for those properties? If the land lord offers a grace period, then who is going to pay the bank? etc, etc, etc.

Point being, you can't just stop the world for too long. We are all too interconnected for things to just completely shut down for an extended period of time.

This shut down has much less to do with flattening the curve as it does buying the medical field time to prepare and/or find a solution

We'll be playing football by the Fall because they world will have moved on by then whether the virus is still a threat or not. It has too

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I am going to say no. By June 1st it will have subsided and will be an afterthought.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The main issue is that here is that this is an untenable situation for the economy.

Sure, we can shut things down for a week or two, but after that, when nobody is getting paid, people will have to choose the risk of getting the virus over losing their business or not being able to pay their rent or mortgage.

With all these bars, restaurants, etc closing down right now, who is going to pay the rent or mortgage for those properties? If the land lord offers a grace period, then who is going to pay the bank? etc, etc, etc.

Point being, you can't just stop the world for too long. We are all too interconnected for things to just completely shut down for an extended period of time.

This shut down has much less to do with flattening the curve as it does buying the medical field time to prepare and/or find a solution

We'll be playing football by the Fall because they world will have moved on by then whether the virus is still a threat or not. It has too
    This is valid. As I have stated before, I don't think there is any real way to completely erradicate this virus so it will become endemic to the world population. The thing here is that if a vaccine is created or herd immunity is accomplished then how does it mutate to survive? Evolution says it will get MORE contagious but less severe. Dangerous viruses usually have relatively short lifespans on the world stage because they burn their hosts out and then have nowhere to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It’ll be almost forgotten by then.

People will be excited to get out to see sports again.
    Problem is, it may very well come back next fall when the weather cools down.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    CFB attendance is already trending down and I think this will hurt it further. The virus will likely not be gone by opening weekend and elderly/immuno compromised folks will stay home more.

vCash
    to much money will have been lost by then if this trend keeps up ...... they will play
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I'm guessing it's seasonal like most respiratory illnesses. Hopefully gone by summer. Maybe that's why Africa has almost no COVID.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    Problem is, it may very well come back next fall when the weather cools down.
    Immunity and vaccine by then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I'm guessing it's seasonal like most respiratory illnesses. Hopefully gone by summer. Maybe that's why Africa has almost no COVID.
    Good point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Well your guessing is incorrect. It’s confirmed in 24 African countries and actively spreading. And if you don’t think we’re testing enough folks, and I don’t, Africa doesn’t have the means to test anywhere near our capability. This is a worldwide virus that is not seasonal. This is not a flu virus. I can’t say that loud enough. The Dr on Rogan and numerous other Drs have said it’s not seasonal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Well your guessing is incorrect. It?s confirmed in 24 African countries and actively spreading. And if you don?t think we?re testing enough folks, and I don?t, Africa doesn?t have the means to test anywhere near our capability. This is a worldwide virus that is not seasonal. This is not a flu virus. I can?t say that loud enough. The Dr on Rogan and numerous other Drs have said it?s not seasonal.
    Guess we'll see. Right now this is what we know.... Africa, tiny circles.