Thread: No cord cutting for another year.......

vCash

No cord cutting for another year.......

Been with Directv since 1994, we all experience yearly rates going up and every year I have to call and negotiate. Well this time I told them to cancel my account mid March, well I get a letter from them a few days ago. In the letter they ask me not to cancel and they explain a new offer and call (number on the letter). I did and it went straight to an American speaking lady, no wait time! Make a long story short, my bill will be under $60, same plan I have in existence and many fees were waived plus I get all the movie channels free for 3 months.
    I was fixing to go to YTTV but I got a much better deal with more channels. No doubt Directv has been taking a hit, but now my bill is the cheapest it's been in many years.
    Btw, they also are sending me a $200 Visa gift card.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Been with Directv since 1994, we all experience yearly rates going up and every year I have to call and negotiate. Well this time I told them to cancel my account mid March, well I get a letter from them a few days ago. In the letter they ask me not to cancel and they explain a new offer and call (number on the letter). I did and it went straight to an American speaking lady, no wait time! Make a long story short, my bill will be under $60, same plan I have in existence and many fees were waived plus I get all the movie channels free for 3 months.
    I was fixing to go to YTTV but I got a much better deal with more channels. No doubt Directv has been taking a hit, but now my bill is the cheapest it's been in many years.
    I'm in the same exact situation ... I have internet / WiFi bundled with DTV and am about to call and cancel ... thing is I really don't care for the other providers such as dish, ATT, Comcast so I'm going to give this a try - thanks for the post
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    AT&T just upgraded the box I get my Uverse service from and they now offer me 100Mbps for $30 per month versus the $40 I was paying for 6Mbps per month.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    YoutubeTV is awesome though. Good for you guys, but they will 17 you eventually.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    YoutubeTV is awesome though. Good for you guys, but they will 17 you eventually.
    Probably but so will all the others in time, playing hardball was the best thing I did and there are so many more options now days.

vCash
    Once you threaten to cancel, they assign another team to work with your case. That's how you get good deals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I'm in the same exact situation ... I have internet / WiFi bundled with DTV and am about to call and cancel ... thing is I really don't care for the other providers such as dish, ATT, Comcast so I'm going to give this a try - thanks for the post
    I called the Loyalty Department two different time, but finally gave up. When I gave them my 30 days or less, they finally gave in and it's the best deal I could have gotten from anyone else. I to have internet and home phone service (we never answer phone and it was cheaper to keep service).

I'm wondering if I can make a deal with AT&T now on cheaper internet and phone service, I see ads with reduced rates for new customers.

Btw Fish, I told Directv to give me the same deal as new customers I few weeks ago, they said they couldn't but later they did.

vCash
    Yep and from folks that talk English and from America, plus no waiting on phone. Took 5 minutes to get the deal.

vCash
    my brother in law told me this weekend he finally said screw them and got something called HULU Live ..... fraction of the cost and he ended up with more programming than he had before with DTV and couldn't believe all of the additional sports coverage ... I'm going to look into that before I even call DTV
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    my brother in law told me this weekend he finally said screw them and got something called HULU Live ..... fraction of the cost and he ended up with more programming than he had before with DTV and couldn't believe all of the additional sports coverage ... I'm going to look into that before I even call DTV
    Good luck, I looked into Hula and YTTV, both looked good, but I got more for less than either were offering. Just saying, good for a year.

vCash

Kind of funny; I'd been with DT since mid-90's. When I finally had enough of the pricing spiral, I just called to cancel and the guy said "Sure, no problem." It sure got easy to cut the cord based on that conversation. Now got YTTV, Sling TV with access to NetFlix and Amazon Prime TV - if you can't find something to watch from that line-up, you might as well turn it off. And paying quite a bit less than DT. Good riddance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Kind of funny; I'd been with DT since mid-90's. When I finally had enough of the pricing spiral, I just called to cancel and the guy said "Sure, no problem." It sure got easy to cut the cord based on that conversation. Now got YTTV, Sling TV with access to NetFlix and Amazon Prime TV - if you can't find something to watch from that line-up, you might as well turn it off. And paying quite a bit less than DT. Good riddance.
    I guess I got lucky. I was down to the last few days with Directv, but like I said, I got more for less.

vCash
    I guess I got lucky. I was down to the last few days with Directv, but like I said, I got more for less.
    If you don't mind me asking, what's the number? My bill has been over $160 for many months now. Which is ridiculous.

vCash
    What number do I call to get the loyalty line?

Every number I call, I'm on hold forever. They are jacking with me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what's the number? My bill has been over $160 for many months now. Which is ridiculous.
    855-290-3150

If you guys are put on hold and some Western Country Man or Woman tries to talk to you just tell them you want to cancel, they will direct you to the Loyalty Department. In the past years I could get a decent deal, but this time not until I said to cancel at the last billing date.

Good luck to all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    What number do I call to get the loyalty line?

Every number I call, I'm on hold forever. They are jacking with me.
    Only way is tell them you want to cancel, then they will direct you to the Loyalty Department. They all live in the US and speak English.

vCash
    Thanks so much

vCash
    Thank you fella. I'll get my wife on it. ��

vCash
    I went for the cord cutting and changing out my internet... I screwed the pooch.. my service sucks, tv package sucks.

Damn, I may end up crawling back to dish networks. Internet streaming sucks out here!!!!

vCash
    Thanks for this thread. I called today and threatened cancel after being a customer since 1996. Cut my bill in half.