Thread: 24 Hour MSU takeover on SEC Network

vCash

24 Hour MSU takeover on SEC Network

What would you want to see as far as content? Let's assume that all replays of games regardless of sport are 2 hours long apiece so we're talking 12 games here.

Baseball: 2013 CWS vs Oregon State, 2019 SR vs Stanford, 2018 Governor's Cup- LA walks them off, 1985 CWS vs Oklahoma State.

Football: 1999 Egg Bowl, 1980 Alabama, 2014 Auburn, 2010 Gator Bowl vs Michigan

Basketball: 2004 Alabama in Tuscaloosa for the SEC, 1996 SEC Tournament Title Game against Kentucky.

Women's Basketball: UConn to go to the National Championship Game, Louisville for the National Championship Game.

That's mine- what's yours?

vCash
    I’d go for 2014 Auburn so that I can watch Dan fake punt with a 21-0 lead and hear Vern Lundquist say “Dan, Dan, Dan.....” again.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    2007 MSU-Alabama game
    1987 Eggbowl at Memorial Stadium
    1980 MSU-Bama at Memorial Stadium
    1990 Super Regional Burke Masters game
    1999 MSU at Auburn
    2017 WBB Final 4 against UCONN
    1996 SEC Tourney Championship vs Kentucky

vCash
    I could just watch 12 games from the 96 Final Four team right now and be happy.

vCash
    Football
    1998 MSU vs Arkansas
    1998 MSU vs. Alabama (James Johnson rushing for 237)
    2000 MSU vs Florida
    Any game in 1999 where they won.
    2014 MSU vs. LSU
    2014 MSU vs. Auburn

Basketball
    1996 SEC Basketball Championship game and any 1996 game
    2002 SEC Basketball Championship game
    2009 SEC Basketball Championship
    1995 at Kentucky
    2009 at Kentucky
    2004 at Alabama

Baseball
    1998 World Series vs Florida
    2007 Super Regional vs. Clemson
    2018 World Series vs. Washington
    2013 First game in the World Series vs. Oregon State

WBBall
    2017 vs. UCONN Final Four
    2018 vs. Louisville Final Four
    2018 vs. South Carolina
    2016 vs. Tennessee ( First win against the Lady Vols)

vCash
    Lots of good ones on the lists.

I'll add a random one for football - 1991 Texas game. I'll always be partial to that game because that's where we learned The Kang was real and we could win in football. It was also my first big MSU game as a student - and it was wild that afternoon (and unbelievably hot).

vCash
    Problem is.....there are thousands of Bama films that will be shown first. Football, basketball, gymnastics, tiddlywinks.....
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    I've never seen them playback an MSU game that was before the Croom era. They probably never will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I've never seen them playback an MSU game that was before the Croom era. They probably never will.
    If it wasn't on ESPN they don't have access to them. But I've seen the 99 egg bowl before. Thank goodness I don't have to see the 83 egg and pray I don't have to see the 97 or 92 either. .... or 81. All crushing.

vCash
    I think the 1998 win over Alabama is underrated. It started our run to the SEC West. I remember leaving the stadium that day just happy to be bowl eligible. And then Clint Stoerner fumbled against Tennessee and all of a sudden MSU/Arkansas was for the SEC West and it was in Starkville. We all know how the rest turned out although yes, technically we still had to beat Ole Miss to officially win the West which we were of course able to do.

1991 Texas was the first MSU football game I had ever watched in my life on TV. It started me down this winding path where....well here I am.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I was about to say before Homedawg beat me to it- they've definitely shown the 1999 Egg Bowl before.

I wish there were more highlights on youtube from the 1998-1999 seasons. There are definitely some on there but I want more.

vCash
    I'm going to add some odd ones just to differentiate from those above:

MSU/Uconn 96 bball
    MSU/OM Zimmerman layup
    MSU @ Vandy 04

MSU/UT 94 football
    MSU/Bama 98 football

MSU @ Virginia SR
    MSU @ Vandy SR
    MSU Ty Martin ND

I would really enjoy 98 Florida CWS game. I remember when Brad Wilkerson hit a mammoth foul ball and we got out of the inning. I think I got that right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hp22 View Post

MSU/Uconn 96 bball
    MSU/OM Zimmerman layup
    MSU @ Vandy 04

MSU/UT 94 football
    MSU/Bama 98 football

MSU @ Virginia SR
    MSU @ Vandy SR
    MSU Ty Martin ND

I would really enjoy 98 Florida CWS game. I remember when Brad Wilkerson hit a mammoth foul ball and we got out of the inning. I think I got that right.
    MSU vs UT is another really big win that people sometimes forget. It was a memorable loss for Tennessee because that was the game where Todd Helton got hurt and Peyton Manning took over for good. Eric Moulds made a ridiculous catch to convert a fourth down and then we hit Kendall Watkins in the end zone on a sprint out pass. Really set the tone for the 1994 season which is one of my personal favorites.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hp22 View Post

MSU/Uconn 96 bball
    MSU/OM Zimmerman layup
    MSU @ Vandy 04

MSU/UT 94 football
    MSU/Bama 98 football

MSU @ Virginia SR
    MSU @ Vandy SR
    MSU Ty Martin ND

Yes it was with the bases loaded with 2 outs in the 9th with us up by 1. He just missed a game winning grand slam off van johnson. Pitch or two later he grounded out to Lee and we won.