Since all sports are cancelled for the foreseeable future, I figured this would be a lively conversation for a message board pretty low on content.

The US women's national soccer team is suing the United States Soccer Federation for equal pay as the men's team. Below is the argument that the defense team is arguing:

"US Soccer lawyers arguing that, under the Equal Pay Act, "The job of a [men?s national team player] carries more responsibility within US Soccer than the job of a [women's national team] player."

There were also lines of questioning to some current USWNT players.

"Do you think that the team could be competitive against the senior men's national team?" a US Soccer lawyer asked Lloyd, according to documents filed last month.

"I'm not sure," Lloyd said. "Shall we fight it out to see who wins and then we get paid more"

Could get pretty interesting. I also think this was kind of a dumb argument for the US Soccer lawyers to make. Even though it is true, they probably should have stuck to a more revenue/profit based argument rather than pretty much stating that the women aren't as talented as the men.

Thoughts?