Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Economy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Is it bad? Yes. Is the hysteria making it 1000x worse? Also yes.

Everyone needs to keep living as normal as possible. Obviously, if you're older or have health problems, then probably limit the amt. of people you're around, but there are perfectly healthy people irrationally freaking out right now. It's a highly contagious version of the flu, if you take care of yourself you'll be fine. Honestly, the one good thing to come out of this is people are actually becoming more health conscious and taking personal hygiene a little more seriously.
    This!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Is it bad? Yes. Is the hysteria making it 1000x worse? Also yes.

Everyone needs to keep living as normal as possible. Obviously, if you're older or have health problems, then probably limit the amt. of people you're around, but there are perfectly healthy people irrationally freaking out right now. It's a highly contagious version of the flu, if you take care of yourself you'll be fine. Honestly, the one good thing to come out of this is people are actually becoming more health conscious and taking personal hygiene a little more seriously.
    I 100% agree with you man. But the problem is people are going to make it 1000x worse and that is where the problem begins from an economic standpoint.
    Amazon is about to make bank though,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I 100% agree with you man. But the problem is people are going to make it 1000x worse and that is where the problem begins from an economic standpoint.
    Like you are.

vCash
    Oh no doubt you're correct the panic is hurting the economy far worse than the virus has to this point.

vCash
    I own a small business and we have not changed our business operation in any way, shape or form.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    I own a small business and we have not changed our business operation in any way, shape or form.
    Thank you for posting this! This is how we all should be. I'm a marketing director for a medical equipment company and travel all over the southeast. We are not changing anything we do as well. I will be in the Birmingham area all next week, business as usual.

vCash
    I thought err one had a bunker full of supplies, food & ammo....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I thought err one had a bunker full of supplies, food & ammo....
    Dude, you came out of you bunker**** lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Dude, you came out of you bunker**** lol
    Nope... Well, only to get in my hottub.

I got a hardline running at -2' in conduit...

You zombies ain't gettin' Tusker!
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Nope... Well, only to get in my hottub.

I got a hardline running at -2' in conduit...

You zombies ain't gettin' Tusker!
    My man!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Thank you for posting this! This is how we all should be. I'm a marketing director for a medical equipment company and travel all over the southeast. We are not changing anything we do as well. I will be in the Birmingham area all next week, business as usual.
    Good! To further add something, I just got off a conference call with 3 executives of a big company here in Memphis. They have 8 manufacturing facilities and 15 distribution centers around the country. They manufacture things I can promise you know or probably use. Anyway, I brought up the virus stuff and they all laughed and within 10 seconds they were like "seriously, let's get down to business." I mean, they just laughed about it. They certainly didn't say it changed anything they are doing or what we are doing with them.

We need to be careful for sure, but the hand wringing is just crazy.

vCash
    Grocery stores are beginning to put limits on what you can purchase...ie Kroger in Ridgeland limits the amount of water, toilet paper, etc. Where was all of this panic in H1N1? Screw China, bc it always starts there!

vCash
    I have a steel business (engineering, supply, and construction) and the concern is if my employees get it. It is business as usual, but with precautions. I get more concerned though of our developer clients and the market in case business slows down in commercial construction. Maybe one day there will be mass hysteria that causes everyone to order steel ***
    Attitude there luckily is much different than other parts of the country.

vCash
    Good! To further add something, I just got off a conference call with 3 executives of a big company here in Memphis. They have 8 manufacturing facilities and 15 distribution centers around the country. They manufacture things I can promise you know or probably use. Anyway, I brought up the virus stuff and they all laughed and within 10 seconds they were like "seriously, let's get down to business." I mean, they just laughed about it. They certainly didn't say it changed anything they are doing or what we are doing with them.

We need to be careful for sure, but the hand wringing is just crazy.
    Good to hear! I have hundreds of accounts all over the southeast, major and small hospitals, home health agencies and hospices. I've spoken to most of them(including UAB) and have yet to find any that are going crazy over this. Proceeding with caution, yes, hysteria, absolutley not. Good to hear more stories about folks doing business as usual as opposed to the media reports of the mass hysteria. I'm not trying to downplay this in any fashion and many will be affected by this, but we have to continue to try to live as normal as possible, while being vigilant and cautious. I pray that this passes quickly and that as few people as possible are affected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I have a steel business (engineering, supply, and construction) and the concern is if my employees get it. It is business as usual, but with precautions. I get more concerned though of our developer clients and the market in case business slows down in commercial construction. Maybe one day there will be mass hysteria that causes everyone to order steel ***
    Attitude there luckily is much different than other parts of the country.
    Hang in there and keep plugging away!

vCash
    Dude I'm talking about the markets, not just this disease.. We are on the verge of an economic shutdown like we have never seen in our lifetime. If commodity markets don't stabilize next week (not the stock market), things may go south in a hurry. If you aren't preparing your family just in case, you are foolish.
    The stock market is going to come back. The market has grown use to situation like this since 9/11. Be happy you can buy some bargains on the market and take advantage of it. Water is going to flow, electricity is going to AC/DC. The shelves will restock every night. Remember 61 million Americans got sick from H1N1 in 2009 and you could still get food from Kroger when all that was going on. Stop the bullshit on the board.

vCash
    Hang in there and keep plugging away!
    Really appreciate that!

vCash
    Glad to I live in Mississippi, glad to have 80 degree weather, seems to be a great combo when dealing with the Coronavirus.

Just saying

vCash
    And just like that the Dow jumps up 9% and the stock market makes big gains. Everyone settle the **** down.

vCash
    I'm hoping that after this first wave of hysteria passes that cooler, calmer heads will prevail and maybe things can get back to semi normal.