Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Economy

vCash
    Just about my whole family works in food manufacturing industry. My father, step mother, step brother, and step brother all work in one making ice cream. I work in another making whip cream and cake frosting. They told us both that it?s business as usual. If you feel sick, stay home, but if not, you better bring your ass to work. Of course we are taking precautions and the cleaning people have tripled and now clean more stuff daily where as it was getting cleaned every other day...

vCash
    What pisses me off is the hoarders aren't thinking about the grandma down the road. They are just being selfish, what if somebody actually needs that stuff you just bulked up and bought for no reason at all?

If you think you need a months supply to get by here because the economy is going to crap you better get ready to hunt for your food and shit in a bucket.

Obviously this is nothing to play around with but there is no reason to live any different aside from being more conscious about your hygiene. If you need to go to the store for groceries then go but don't just go buy a bunch of crap you don't need because of mass hysteria.

I opened my eyes today and the Lord blessed me with another so as far as I'm concerned he's in control anyway. No amount of worrying changes that....

There's a difference between being aware of the situation and being irrational. My two cents is the main reason we are seeing major crowd gatherings close is more so to give health care time to be ready instead of the shit hitting the fan all at once.
    Last edited by Maverick; 03-13-2020 at 04:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    I'm not freaking out I just believe in preparation in case of a bad scenario. If it doesn't get that bad so be it.
    If it doesn't get "that bad", it means the precautions were successful.

vCash
    That new panic center off HCPW in Ridgeland couldn't have opened in a better, or worse time.

vCash
    To the people that still think this isn't that big of an issue....how closely are you actually paying attention to the situation? How much do you know about what's going on in Italy for example? Or South Korea for that matter and why there is such a Stark contrast in what's going on between the two? It ain't just about the age of the population.

The economy could suffer more in the long run if we don't control this the best way we can.

You don't have to lock yourself in your basement and hoard stuff, live a fairly normal life but avoid unnecessary travel and gatherings. Yes this will hurt small businesses.....but I don't see a senerio where small businesses are not hurt.

It's about limited the damage and we very likely could hurt our small businesses much more in the long run by taking this lightly now
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 03-13-2020 at 07:09 PM.

vCash
    I said this in another thread but I’m going to say it again. There is potential for real financial market turmoil because of all the leveraged borrowing that’s gone on for the last ten or twelve years, so don’t be surprised if the markets tank much worse than you expect. But it won’t be the first time it’s happened. We’ll find a way through it. People still need to eat and wipe their butts.

Right now, my biggest concern is whether people take the effects of this virus serious enough. Since I’m immunocompromised, I’m having to hunker down and stay out of restaurants. I’ve got money to spend, but if I don’t see people taking social distancing seriously, the waiters and waitresses at our favorite restaurants are just going to have to make it without me.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    If it doesn't get "that bad", it means the precautions were successful.
    This.

vCash
    I feel really bad for the small business owners in this country. The fallout and recovery for this I hope makes our society a better place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    What pisses me off is the hoarders aren't thinking about the grandma down the road. They are just being selfish, what if somebody actually needs that stuff you just bulked up and bought for no reason at all?

If you think you need a months supply to get by here because the economy is going to crap you better get ready to hunt for your food and shit in a bucket.

Obviously this is nothing to play around with but there is no reason to live any different aside from being more conscious about your hygiene. If you need to go to the store for groceries then go but don't just go buy a bunch of crap you don't need because of mass hysteria.

I opened my eyes today and the Lord blessed me with another so as far as I'm concerned he's in control anyway. No amount of worrying changes that....

There's a difference between being aware of the situation and being irrational. My two cents is the main reason we are seeing major crowd gatherings close is more so to give health care time to be ready instead of the shit hitting the fan all at once.
    I have a neighbor that manages a large Kroger. He said people will show up to see what's in stock after daily shipments and then start calling people from the store. An hour later all essential stuff is gone. There's no doubt people are hoarding it.

vCash
    We are certainly learning a lot about the country as a whole through all of this. The hoarding is insane.

In the end hopefully everyone will get to claim they were right and we can resume normal lives sooner than later.

vCash
    My father in law still has 4 generators in boxes from the 1994 ice Storm.... I doubt they work now.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    We are certainly learning a lot about the country as a whole through all of this. The hoarding is insane.

In the end hopefully everyone will get to claim they were right and we can resume normal lives sooner than later.
    The hoarding is crazy. So is the resistance to facts. That is a big takeaway from this. Our country is so paranoid we have a large chunk of our population just ignoring this. Hopefully our skeptism of science will start to go down after this bites us in the ass. A lot of what we are about to go through will be a result of our own ignorance. It isn't about right or wrong, its about looking at how this is unfolding everywhere else and putting our egos aside and realize when it comes to things like Viruses being "tough" isn't going to cut it.

Hopefully our inclination to think everything is a political conspiracy will start to go down to. That is what our resistance to action is really about. Paranoia of "the media" and this new fad of thinking everything is a big conspiracy.
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 03-16-2020 at 01:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

I needed some distilled water for my daughters fish tank. I went into Ramey's to buy some. They were out. I asked the manager when they might get some in. He said truck will run Tuesday. Then he said that I could use Purified water they sold in the baby section. I told him so you are suggesting I take water a mother might need for her baby to use in a fish tank. He did not reply and acted like got called to go to another part of the building.

vCash
    Trump just said, to avoid gatherings of ten or more. That's not happening. There is a time clock right outside my office and there will be a gathering of at least 50 at every shift change and we run around the clock except on weekends.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    It's not panic if it's rational
    It's an overreacting rational I guess
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Put on your tinfoil hat for this.

China manufactured this thing. There is a huge BioLab in Wuhan. It's political.

Why did Dean Koontz write a book in 1981 that eerily describes almost to a T what has transpired up until now? Psychic Sylvia Brown as well. And the Simpson's episode.....

It feels like end times are upon us. I am not freaking out, though. The Man upstairs is in control. My association with Him feels strong.
    Are you really serious?
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    I say shut the whole freaking country down for a month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Prepared for what?

This isn't a natural disaster that prevents people from being able to go to the store.

This is complete hysteria that displays the stupidity of humankind.

There is absolutely nothing that prevents people from living a completely normal life right now, other than not having sports to watch & if everyone would just go about their life normally right now, there would be no issues as there are no issues with the normal flu
    Boom ... Mic Drop!

vCash
    Regarding the hoarding, it would help immensely if the stores would put a limit on the items that immediately sell out. Once people know what the rules are, and know that their neighbor has to follow the rules too, the panic buying will stop almost overnight. It's the fear that your neighbor is going to walk in and buy everything on the shelves that's driving this, and you can't blame people for having that fear. Once rules are in place, things will get more rational. And if the stores don't do it themselves, then an executive order needs to come from the governors. This ain't my first rodeo when it comes to panics. Rationing works, and it's only needed for a little while.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    Regarding the hoarding, it would help immensely if the stores would put a limit on the items that immediately sell out. Once people know what the rules are, and know that their neighbor has to follow the rules too, the panic buying will stop almost overnight. It's the fear that your neighbor is going to walk in and buy everything on the shelves that's driving this, and you can't blame people for having that fear. Once rules are in place, things will get more rational. And if the stores don't do it themselves, then an executive order needs to come from the governors. This ain't my first rodeo when it comes to panics. Rationing works, and it's only needed for a little while.
    This. But stores are not doing that because it creates a bigger demand which equals more money in their pocket. trust me. They LOVE selling out of items in an hour.