Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No More Baseball

vCash

No More Baseball

NCAA just announced no winter or spring championships.

vCash
    What a gut punch.

vCash
    Just terrible.

vCash
    Does the school refund tix?

Wonder how much of a distribution hit we will take with no MCB and WCB tourneys

vCash
    Not sure why they’re pulling the plug on the spring sports just yet. They should allow all players to red shirt. Of course, won’t really help in baseball for the upper tier guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    NCAA just announced no winter or spring championships.
    What is the redshirt rule? Can we redshirt everyone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    What is the redshirt rule? Can we redshirt everyone?
    They need to grant all the baseball players an extra year of eligibility. I guess no spring football practice either.

vCash
    So now the question becomes have we seen TA, Westy, Foscue, and Rowdey play their last games as Bulldogs.

vCash
    Wow, just awful.

vCash
    So we've seen Jordan Danberry, Tyson, Reggie, and all the baseball guys for the last time. No more Westburg, Foscue, Spencer Price, Riley, ect. I'm sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    So we've seen Jordan Danberry, Tyson, Reggie, and all the baseball guys for the last time. No more Westburg, Foscue, Spencer Price, Riley, ect. I'm sad.
    Surely there's a RS rule and they'll give these guys another year. Hell the baseball guys have only played like 12 games. Maybe it's just false hope. I'd love if that group of baseball juniors came back to make one more run at it.

vCash
    Damn this sucks....

vCash
    Baseball schools won't be able to handle the scholarship demands of folks returning. There's too many bodies for 11.7 scholarships.

This is an epic cluster that the NCAA is going to have to spend considerable thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Baseball schools won't be able to handle the scholarship demands of folks returning. There's too many bodies for 11.7 scholarships.

This is an epic cluster that the NCAA is going to have to spend considerable thought.
    Time to make a bad situation into a win and fix the scholarship situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared_Hitless View Post
    This is the time to erase all the stupidity with 11.7. This is the chance to make it right. So I'm sure the NCAA will royally 17 it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared_Hitless View Post
    Exactly! Should've been fixed years ago, but I'm sure the ncaa will screw this up too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Exactly! Should've been fixed years ago, but I'm sure the ncaa will screw this up too.
    Screw up of epic proportions, I foresee a football bat level of stupidity coming on strong shore to shore.

vCash
    We may not be dead just yet. The SEC Dept. Commissioner just told SportsTalk that the SEC hasn't made a decision on what they'll do despite no Omaha. I personally like the idea of a Hoover National Championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

I suspect a lot of the juniors will leave even if offered an extra year of eligibility so they don't get screwed. For the ones that don't and for seniors, I suspect teams will have to make a decision if 1 more year of scholarship for them is worth potentially losing a signee over.

Definitely going to create a log jam though that I guess will push some more guys to JUCO.

vCash
    I have a feeling this won?t last...