Page 97 of 274 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Then the whole country will look like NY/NJ

I thought the whole idea behind the social distancing was not reduce the total number of infected/deaths (that was a given, a constant if you will) but to regulate how many gets infected and dies at any one instant in time to not overwhelm the health care system. If the area under the curve (representing those infected/deaths) is constant then all we have done, using the media and governments terms, is to flatten curve only and not to reduce the area under the curve.

Given the total population and the number of people already infected, including an estimate of those who have had it but not tested, then there is appoint in time where social distancing - extending the time frame in which people get sick, will no longer have the current effect since we will not able to, at that time, overwhelm the health care system. When is that time?

I do agree that the economy - people's livelihood, is being threatened more and more each day with current government restrictions. When is enough, well, enough?

dantheman, do you have any statistics to calculate that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I thought the whole idea behind the social distancing was not reduce the total number of infected/deaths (that was a given, a constant if you will) but to regulate how many gets infected and dies at any one instant in time to not overwhelm the health care system. If the area under the curve (representing those infected/deaths) is constant then all we have done, using the media and governments terms, is to flatten curve only and not to reduce the area under the curve.

Given the total population and the number of people already infected, including an estimate of those who have had it but not tested, then there is appoint in time where social distancing - extending the time frame in which people get sick, will no longer have the current effect since we will not able to, at that time, overwhelm the health care system. When is that time?

I do agree that the economy - people's livelihood, is being threatened more and more each day with current government restrictions. When is enough, well, enough?

Considering only 0.0018% of our country's population has tested positive, I don't think we're very close to that time

Even if you say 20x the amount of positives have actually had it, which is a huge leap, that's 12 million people. 313 million population without immunity

vCash
    Considering only 0.0018% of our country's population has tested positive, I don't think we're very close to that time

Even if you say 20x the amount of positives have actually had it, which is a huge leap, that's 12 million people. 313 million population without immunity
    So we continue at this pace... should have immunity for everyone in 2030. Soon, we'll have to open up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So we continue at this pace... should have immunity for everyone in 2030. Soon, we'll have to open up
    I'm sure we will. Then there will be more breakouts and we'll shutdown again.

Hopefully we'll be able to mass test before the second wave.

vCash
    44 veterans died in Massachusetts

https://www.westernmassnews.com/news...420fe3e63.html

Interesting that 7 of them tested negative

vCash
    If the media has their way it will be 2030.

vCash

So many more people have this virus and are not tested. They're just told to stay home for 14 days, drink plenty of liquids, and call if the symptoms get worse. The symptoms may not get worse, but they don't really go away. The first week was the worse..... the relapse was bad..... and on day 16, I still have trouble with deep breaths.

So, there are 2 people on this site alone that have symptoms and their respected state won't test them. Just think how many people aren't showing symptoms.

Also to note..... I think I know a symptom they haven't added to the weird list. Being cold without a fever. I'm usually hot natured but I've been wearing sweaters for 2 weeks now. Even when I go outside for some vitamin d. Very strange. No fever but I'm acting like it's 30 degrees in my house..... confusing as hell.

vCash
    Can't wait for the economy to start firing back up next month. It'll be slow and in stages but time to get it moving forward.

vCash
    Unfortunately, due to the collapse in oil prices, the economies of much of the South will languish for some time.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post

If only there were some way to stabilize people losing their jobs to where they can survive without it. Maybe some type of basic income that everyone can get. That way we wouldn't have to put our health and lives on the line just to pay rent.

Nah then that'd be communism. We don't want that. Especially not with a leader with "total authority". People need to choose between sickness and starvation/homelessness. Can't give out free rides. What kind of country would that be?

If you want a stat look at how little taxes companies like Amazon pay. Then you'll see why the economy is ****ed.

Banned
    vCash
    https://www.thehawkeye.com/news/2020...positive-cases

Yea that's absolutely not good. Have we determined how long this thing stays alive on surfaces and in food? Yikes. 186/200 tested positive. And these people were still at work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    People need to choose between sickness and starvation/homelessness.
    Over 2.8M have already died from starvation this year. Yet we're worried about 50,000 from some virus. Get back to work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Over 2.8M have already died from starvation this year. Yet we're worried about 50,000 from some virus. Get back to work.
    You say that..... but this "virus" has kept me out of work for 2 weeks and now I'm about to take off a third week. I have the means to take off this long, but some people don't. And unless you're asymptomatic...... you aren't working with this virus.

Banned
    vCash
    Almost like there's a solution that solves both issues.

vCash
    Bet you were really pissed about the 4 who died in Benghazi tho

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    You say that..... but this "virus" has kept me out of work for 2 weeks and now I'm about to take off a third week. I have the means to take off this long, but some people don't. And unless you're asymptomatic...... you aren't working with this virus.
    Exactly.

- 300 people test positive at a meat plant and it shuts down: https://apnews.com/0cd7680d2d221944ed05f86691bb3537
    - Tyson plant shuts down: https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Ty...569601041.html
    - JBS USA has closed a Souderton, Pa., beef plant until at least Thursday and has reduced production at a second facility in Greeley, Colo., because of high absenteeism among employees.
    - Cargill and Tyson Foods have also closed plants in Pennsylvania and Iowa.

But by all means, lets get this show on the road

vCash
    Exactly.

- 300 people test positive at a meat plant and it shuts down: https://apnews.com/0cd7680d2d221944ed05f86691bb3537
    - Tyson plant shuts down: https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Ty...569601041.html
    - JBS USA has closed a Souderton, Pa., beef plant until at least Thursday and has reduced production at a second facility in Greeley, Colo., because of high absenteeism among employees.
    - Cargill and Tyson Foods have also closed plants in Pennsylvania and Iowa.

But by all means, lets get this show on the road
    Just shut down all meat processing. Problem solved

vCash
    Just shut down all meat processing. Problem solved
    My point is that this is going to happen everywhere if we open up too soon and before mass testing. The economy will be more ****ed than it is now.

And a lot more people will die.

vCash
    I?ve seen some dumb stuff in my life but there have been a few push the limits. Please explain what you want open, what you want closed. Who should work and who should support the rest. If a group is chose to work do they get hazard pay keeping things going for the ones who need to stay home and stay healthy? Almost as ridiculous as some of yall huh? Not really

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    I'm working every day. And I'm an extremely big risk person health wise. It would likelykill me. My point is, it's getting close to time for some people to get back to working. Some companies to get it rolling again. Still a few weeks away, but we're getting ther.