Page 95 of 274 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    That's crazy. That is not what I wanted to hear, haha. I'm only going out for groceries.

Glad you're doing better and the family didn't get sick too.
    Hacker, we started using the Kroger app to have our groceries delivered, if that is smn that you might want to look into. Cost $10 but well worth it.

vCash
    Can we (US) get a 3rd straight day of deaths and cases dropping?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    So I assume if they wouldn't test you that you never were offered any medication?
    Correct, they told me to take Tylenol (low grade fever and body aches), drink plenty of water, get plenty of electrolytes, eat as best I could and rest. Call back if symptoms worsened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Defiantdog,

I had those symptoms too, the shortness of breath is down right scary. I apparently contacted mine around March 6 (wedding with out of town guests) and just fully recovered last Thursday. I felt, last week end and most of last week, like I had a relapse. The relapse was just as intense, symptoms wise, as the first time I went through it. Weird as hell! My doctor would not test me either since my fever was not above 101.5.

I have o+ blood and in good health with no underlining conditions but I am 62.
    Strange that they wouldn't test you. You're in the right age group, show symptoms, and there are supposed to be plenty of tests available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Can we (US) get a 3rd straight day of deaths and cases dropping?
    Sunday and Monday reporting is almost always lower and I expect today's to be even lower due to the fact that yesterday was Easter. Our big jumps in new cases and deaths almost always falls on a Tuesday as the weekend's reporting catches up. If the trend of dropping continues into Tuesday and Wednesday, then that'd be a great sign.

vCash
    Sunday and Monday reporting is almost always lower and I expect today's to be even lower due to the fact that yesterday was Easter. Our big jumps in new cases and deaths almost always falls on a Tuesday as the weekend's reporting catches up. If the trend of dropping continues into Tuesday and Wednesday, then that'd be a great sign.
    Last Sunday (April 4th) is still the largest number of cases report; it was the high water mark for deaths, but got passed on April 7th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Strange that they wouldn't test you. You're in the right age group, show symptoms, and there are supposed to be plenty of tests available.
    That's what I'm thinking also. I'd be kicking that doctor in his ass. They dropped the 101.5 fever requirement a long time ago in Mississippi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Hacker, we started using the Kroger app to have our groceries delivered, if that is smn that you might want to look into. Cost $10 but well worth it.
    Yeah, I just live a few blocks from my Kroger and hate to send someone in there for me. I'm mid thirties and no underlying conditions, so not in a high risk group. I've been thinking about doing pickup though.

vCash
    Last Sunday (April 4th) is still the largest number of cases report; it was the high water mark for deaths, but got passed on April 7th
    April 4 was Saturday, reporting from Friday

vCash
    April 4 was Saturday, reporting from Friday
    Yeah, it was Saturday (oops). Point sorta remains though, cases and deaths dropped on April 11th, and they spiked (at time for deaths, still for cases) on the previous Saturday.

ETA... holiday weekend though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

I have used the Kroger free pick-up and the Kroger (Instacart) delivery during this crisis and both are a great way to stay out of the crowds. They may be out of some things you want, but that's just the way it is now. Everything pretty much balanced out from one to the other. I felt sorry for the shopper delivery guy. He told me that the people freaking out was ruining him because this was his way of making a living , it hurt his average rating, and that one woman had gotten mad earlier because he couldn't get everything she wanted. I told him limited supply of groceries was not his fault, and gave him an extra $7 in addition to the Kroger tip on the bill. More products were available this past Friday on the pick-up. I scheduled the pick-up about a week prior too and I was able to get an early pick up time.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 04-13-2020 at 12:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Defiantdog,

I had those symptoms too, the shortness of breath is down right scary. I apparently contacted mine around March 6 (wedding with out of town guests) and just fully recovered last Thursday. I felt, last week end and most of last week, like I had a relapse. The relapse was just as intense, symptoms wise, as the first time I went through it. Weird as hell! My doctor would not test me either since my fever was not above 101.5.

I have o+ blood and in good health with no underlining conditions but I am 62.
    Yeah, my shortness of breath was scary last night. I didn't fall asleep until after 6am. Nights are just awful with this thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    There aren't enough tests. One of the nursing homes I'm familiar with didnt even test employees after a resident tested positive. Hell, the only way it couldve gotten there is from employees because it's been locked down for 6 weeks. They said there aren't enough tests.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    There aren't enough tests. One of the nursing homes I'm familiar with didnt even test employees after a resident tested positive. Hell, the only way it couldve gotten there is from employees because it's been locked down for 6 weeks. They said there aren't enough tests.
    (And they don't want to quarantine their entire staff)

vCash
    So what do y'all make of the lack of deaths (good thing) in the 2 most populated states in the US, California and Texas? California currently sits at 19 per million, and Texas is at 11 per million. NY is #3 in population, and they currently sit at 513 per million. California has twice the Chinese population as NY ( http://chineseadvertisingagencies.co...ographics.html )

vCash
    So what do y'all make of the lack of deaths (good thing) in the 2 most populated states in the US, California and Texas? California currently sits at 19 per million, and Texas is at 11 per million. NY is #3 in population, and they currently sit at 513 per million. California has twice the Chinese population as NY ( http://chineseadvertisingagencies.co...ographics.html )
    It's very simple. It's not as bad as they feared. We have way better healthcare in the US too.

vCash
    I think this has been among us since December. So all the expected days are off. Obviously just my opinion.

vCash
    The major areas of Texas started social distancing fairly early early(around March 9-12) ( Closed Houston Rodeo, canceled SXSW) and major businesses started work from home by mid March , but I know from anecdotal information that testing is WAY behind. I know of at least 10 people who were exposed and had symptoms but were not tested due to availability.

After seeing the reports of how many are dying at home in New York, I want to wait and see the death by all causes vs history numbers before we start to declare victory just yet...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's very simple. It's not as bad as they feared. We have way better healthcare in the US too.
    Or we are doing more to stop the spread than anyone thought....

But we knew that if we did this right, there would be those that don't understand how bad it would have been without shutting it all down...

That said, Harris County Texas with the largest medical city in the world, has a 7% death rate. If the number of cases is off by 10x, that's still a 0.7% death rate...and that doesn't add the died at home but never tested group...

https://harriscounty.maps.arcgis.com...5efcb7c07c6914
    Last edited by SheltonChoked; 04-14-2020 at 10:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think this has been among us since December. So all the expected days are off. Obviously just my opinion.
    I tend to agree with you. I just don't think the Chinese discover this spreading through Wuhan in November and it didn't show up on American soil until January. Not with the way the world is connected. The Chinese first reported in December but they were tracking and denying this long before December 31.

The Washington State senior center and the cruise line were just two of MANY entry points into the US. This virus had been in NYC a hot minute before the hospitals started getting flooded. It took hold in communities weeks before and spread from the travelers and to the vulnerable, non-travelers and general public silently during a time when the public wasn't even aware of what Covid-19 was...because China was still denying it. The influx was slow enough that it didn't raise alarms until NYC medical facilities were suddenly inundated. The screening procedures in December and January were basically non-existent in the US for travelers coming from abroad.