Page 94 of 274 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    It's so weird to me that blood types might be the difference in getting hammered and hardly affected. Is this common among viruses?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It's so weird to me that blood types might be the difference in getting hammered and hardly affected. Is this common among viruses?
    Here come the experts ... deadhead & dano *****

ETA: Honestly tho .. I'm not gonna count on that myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    To throw it out there..... I started feeling symptoms for Covid-19 on March 29th. I couldn't smell anything unless it was sweet.... couldn't taste unless it was bitter..... couldn't satisfy a deep breath..... became very lethargic..... and simply couldn't get out of bed. And that was the first day. That last about 5 days. Also, around day 2..... I got the worst chills. I broke into 2 sweats that night. I didn't eat anything for 3 days..... had absolutely no appetite.

On day 5, I started to feel better. It was a lie. Thursday hit and that was the first day I thought about going to the ER. My breathing and anxiety We're through the roof. I couldn't take a deep breath, felt like someone was stepping on my chest, and choking me at the same time. Luckily, I was able to fall asleep.

Also, to add..... the days were much better than the nights. Except in the beginning..... it was all bad.

I'm on day 14 now and I'm just now feeling a little more comfortable breathing. I still have some trouble satisfying a deep breath.

This thing is not fun. I'm 37, in good health, and no under lining conditions. And I thought I was going to the ER.

I've drank more water the last two weeks than I have in my life..... but I will say, a physician friend of mine suggested taking mucinex with zycam. It didn't make the virus go away, but it did help with the symptoms.
    Glad you're feeling better and thanks for posting.

The fact that you couldn't get tested irritates the piss out of me. We need to be testing 10x more people if we want this to stop anytime soon.

Part of me thinks we're not testing more because the numbers would be scary and people would panic. But it's what we need to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Glad you're feeling better and thanks for posting.

The fact that you couldn't get tested irritates the piss out of me. We need to be testing 10x more people if we want this to stop anytime soon.

Part of me thinks we're not testing more because the numbers would be scary and people would panic. But it's what we need to do.
    The nurse at UAB said I was one of over a hundred that had called that day about symptoms.

vCash
    The nurse at UAB said I was one of over a hundred that had called that day about symptoms.
    I agree with hacker on this one ... need to be testing everyone with symptoms. Right now Alabama has 3563 positive and over 20K negatives. Maybe that's why they are selective in testing but IMO need to test anyone with symptoms. And what you had are the symptoms.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Here come the experts ... deadhead & dano *****

ETA: Honestly tho .. I'm not gonna count on that myself.
    Nah I have no idea on that and the study that started that hubbub came from China. So I didn't even bother trying to talk about it. At this point I feel it's fair to operate on "Don't believe China and their lies." Same country that said there's no proof of human-to-human transmission.

vCash
    I agree with what you. I put both those quotes though bc he went from we (USA) don't need to worry about to 100-200k deaths.
    All is sketchy

https://youtu.be/GJb-g8ZB4xo

https://youtu.be/jsV_YXq-1x4
    Last edited by BullDog; 04-12-2020 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    Seems to be true for malaria at least:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0309124113.htm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I agree with hacker on this one ... need to be testing everyone with symptoms. Right now Alabama has 3563 positive and over 20K negatives. Maybe that's why they are selective in testing but IMO need to test anyone with symptoms. And what you had are the symptoms.
    The drive thru testing stations screwed everything up because healthy folks were getting tested. I was shocked when they told me they wouldn't test me. And trust me..... the first 5 days of what I had were unbearable. Couldn't even walk to the bathroom at times. I told my doctor everything and even told UAB and they simply said to self isolate for 7 days and quarantine for at least another 7 days. I'm going to isolate for as long as possible because I don't want anyone getting what I had / have.

vCash
    Seems to be true for malaria at least:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0309124113.htm
    Thanks.

Interesting that Hydroxychloroquine treats malaria

vCash
    The drive thru testing stations screwed everything up because healthy folks were getting tested. I was shocked when they told me they wouldn't test me. And trust me..... the first 5 days of what I had were unbearable. Couldn't even walk to the bathroom at times. I told my doctor everything and even told UAB and they simply said to self isolate for 7 days and quarantine for at least another 7 days. I'm going to isolate for as long as possible because I don't want anyone getting what I had / have.
    Damn dude ... glad you feeling better now. Even tho I'm O+ ... don't really wanna get it myself.

vCash
    Dang, I thought you had to have symptoms to get tested at the drive thrus as well. Maybe people are just lying about having them.

vCash
    Just curious, have you been working / been around people? How do you think you caught it?

vCash
    Dang, I thought you had to have symptoms to get tested at the drive thrus as well. Maybe people are just lying about having them.
    Either way..... it's disturbing that they're turning people down to take a test because they don't fit "they're criteria." I've had trouble breathing for 14 days now and that isn't criteria enough. Unfortunately, there's people with my symptoms still going out and grocery shopping.

vCash
    Just curious, have you been working / been around people? How do you think you caught it?
    I work in the food industry and my admin assistant just got covid as well (2 weeks after I started getting symptoms). We are the only two (so far) that have showed any symptoms. I honestly believe I got it grocery shopping. End of March, the grocery stores were packed. I washed my hands and took precautions.

vCash
    I work in the food industry and my admin assistant just got covid as well (2 weeks after I started getting symptoms). We are the only two (so far) that have showed any symptoms. I honestly believe I got it grocery shopping. End of March, the grocery stores were packed. I washed my hands and took precautions.
    That's crazy. That is not what I wanted to hear, haha. I'm only going out for groceries.

Glad you're doing better and the family didn't get sick too.

vCash
    That's crazy. That is not what I wanted to hear, haha. I'm only going out for groceries.

Glad you're doing better and the family didn't get sick too.
    Be careful and wear a mask. I've had the flu,
    Strep throat, and even spinal meningitis as a kid. Nothing has kept me out of commission like this for two weeks (and counting). I think as myself to be healthy and this thing has kicked my ass (but I have lost 10 pounds so far).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The Kennedy Center in NO shape form or fashion is essential. Nobody will die if the Kennedy Center closes forever. Nobody but the elites with plenty of money will even miss it. Whoever inserted that or agreed to it should be charged and convicted of treason. For the record I'm a great fan of what it does. The key word is FAN.
    By that logic, no one associated with any recreational activity should be paid during this? No sports, no stadium workers, no Front office, no support staff, no athletic departments, etc.

vCash
    Defiantdog,

I had those symptoms too, the shortness of breath is down right scary. I apparently contacted mine around March 6 (wedding with out of town guests) and just fully recovered last Thursday. I felt, last week end and most of last week, like I had a relapse. The relapse was just as intense, symptoms wise, as the first time I went through it. Weird as hell! My doctor would not test me either since my fever was not above 101.5.

I have o+ blood and in good health with no underlining conditions but I am 62.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Defiantdog,

I had those symptoms too, the shortness of breath is down right scary. I apparently contacted mine around March 6 (wedding with out of town guests) and just fully recovered last Thursday. I felt, last week end and most of last week, like I had a relapse. The relapse was just as intense, symptoms wise, as the first time I went through it. Weird as hell! My doctor would not test me either since my fever was not above 101.5.

I have o+ blood and in good health with no underlining conditions but I am 62.
    So I assume if they wouldn't test you that you never were offered any medication?