Page 91 of 274 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    I'm embarrassed for you...

"Glenn Fine, who had been the acting Pentagon inspector general, was informed Monday that he was being replaced at the Defense Department by Sean W. O’Donnell, currently the inspector general at the Environmental Protection Agency. O’Donnell will simultaneously be inspector general at the EPA and acting IG at the Pentagon until a permanent replacement is confirmed for the Defense Department."

"Late last month, Fine was selected by the head of a council of inspectors general to lead the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee, created by the March 27 law."
    So where is the part that says Fine is the one that "staged false claims that led to a phony impeachment scam".

I don't see that in what you typed. Like I said that person you're thinking of is Atkinson that did that. There is 0 reason to remove Trump and "cleaning out leftovers from Obama admin" is such a joke when the guy was in the role 2000-2011 and 2015-2020. It's been over 3 years if he was worried about cleaning out leftovers.

But regardless you attributed to Fine the impeachment thing. Atkinson is the impeachment thing. I don't know how else to explain this to you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    This is inconsistent with what read. Can't remember the source, but it definitely wasn't something like CDC literature or anything, but I read that if somebody with say cancer or aids gets the flu and/or pneumonia and dies because of their weakened immune system, that would would be recorded as something like "complications related to cancer" or "complications related to aids". No clue if that's right or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'd think this was correct. Take AIDS, it doesn't kill you, does it? I think it just weakens your immune system to the point where something else does. The death would still be AIDS though, right?
    Death certificates show acute cause and underlying causes.

Pretty sure in the case of AIDS it'd be something like:

acute cause: pneumonia
    underlying condition: AIDS

covid would be something like:
    underlying condition: COVID

covid + cancer would be something like:
    underlying condition: cancer

I could be totally wrong though, I don't know this for a fact
    Last edited by hacker; 04-09-2020 at 12:29 PM.

vCash
    ?The Emperor has no clothes.?
    Stay well, everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

That makes sense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    So where is the part that says Fine is the one that "staged false claims that led to a phony impeachment scam".

I don't see that in what you typed. Like I said that person you're thinking of is Atkinson that did that. There is 0 reason to remove Trump and "cleaning out leftovers from Obama admin" is such a joke when the guy was in the role 2000-2011 and 2015-2020. It's been over 3 years if he was worried about cleaning out leftovers.

But regardless you attributed to Fine the impeachment thing. Atkinson is the impeachment thing. I don't know how else to explain this to you.
    You're right. Only 1 person on the planet can conduct oversight of stimulus spending. The committee isn't sufficient we MUST have Fine in that position or else risk full blown communist dictatorship under our xenophobic president. The president shouldn't be allowed to make the decisions he was elected to make, and we should have weekly press conferences for the TDS'ers to explain what an IG is and that we have more than one of them.

I guess I'd deflect too if I thought Fine was the lynchpin between honest gov spending and a dictatorship. I understand why you're lashing out. You're embarrassed.

vCash

You are correct. Its quite easy to know and report properly. Doctor's are not going to fill that out as COVID unless it was the primary driver. Stage 4 cancer patient's with 1 month to live aren't even going to be given a test for COVID. The whole argument that we aren't counting deaths correctly is a bad one.

Banned
    vCash
    You're right. Only 1 person on the planet can conduct oversight of stimulus spending. The committee isn't sufficient we MUST have Fine in that position or else risk full blown communist dictatorship under our xenophobic president. The president shouldn't be allowed to make the decisions he was elected to make, and we should have weekly press conferences for the TDS'ers to explain what an IG is and that we have more than one of them.

I guess I'd deflect too if I thought Fine was the lynchpin between honest gov spending and a dictatorship. I understand why you're lashing out. You're embarrassed.
    First off, You literally just deflected that you were wrong about who Fine is and who Atkinson is.

Second off, it's not Fine specifically that matters here. It's the point that the President just removed someone from office that was chosen to independently review him and his distribution of an amount of money more than half of the US's annual budget. He is literally saying, get someone who I approve to review me, so that I can do what I want.

The man attacked checks and balances on distribution of 2 Trillion dollars of taxpayer money. It's all decided by him.

So even if you believe he is wholly pure and innocent here in his distribution of money, he has removed checks and balances, a founding principle of our government. Removing that leads to a dictatorship ruled by one man.

And even if you don't believe that that's what happened here (which you don't, so it's moot to argue that because it's clearly something you don't understand just like who Fine is and who Atkinson is), removing this person delays the distribution in a time of need. Trump is literally singlehandedly slowing down the distribution of that check to Americans. His reason for removing Fine was that he was removing leftovers from Obama admin. Why in the hell is he doing that NOW? I want you to honestly ask yourself if you removed names and politics aside, does this not seem like the WORST time and gives off the WORST look possible?

For the record, I would flip shit at this action regardless of party affiliation. This move screams corruption and that's without attaching Trump's name to it. It's a bad move on so many levels that it may cause the Democrats to waste time impeaching him again.

vCash

Finally found this data. More people are dying from confirmed covid per week in NYC right now than from ALL CAUSES the previous 4 years.

vCash

Finally found this data. More people are dying from confirmed covid per week in NYC right now than from ALL CAUSES the previous 4 years.
    Not surprised but still wondering about how the 2020 yearly numbers will compare to other yrs. not anticipating one way or another. Just interested

vCash
    First off, You literally just deflected that you were wrong about who Fine is and who Atkinson is.

Second off, it's not Fine specifically that matters here. It's the point that the President just removed someone from office that was chosen to independently review him and his distribution of an amount of money more than half of the US's annual budget. He is literally saying, get someone who I approve to review me, so that I can do what I want.

The man attacked checks and balances on distribution of 2 Trillion dollars of taxpayer money. It's all decided by him.

So even if you believe he is wholly pure and innocent here in his distribution of money, he has removed checks and balances, a founding principle of our government. Removing that leads to a dictatorship ruled by one man.

And even if you don't believe that that's what happened here (which you don't, so it's moot to argue that because it's clearly something you don't understand just like who Fine is and who Atkinson is), removing this person delays the distribution in a time of need. Trump is literally singlehandedly slowing down the distribution of that check to Americans. His reason for removing Fine was that he was removing leftovers from Obama admin. Why in the hell is he doing that NOW? I want you to honestly ask yourself if you removed names and politics aside, does this not seem like the WORST time and gives off the WORST look possible?

For the record, I would flip shit at this action regardless of party affiliation. This move screams corruption and that's without attaching Trump's name to it. It's a bad move on so many levels that it may cause the Democrats to waste time impeaching him again.
    Give it UP dude!! " He served as acting inspector general at the Pentagon since 2016, and will return to his previous position as principal deputy inspector general for the Pentagon. He is still involved!!! Get a grip!

Bitch about Shiff, Pelosi and the rest of the democrats who insisted on $25 million for the Kennedy Center in the relief bill. The Kennedy Center has not been converted to a hospital to treat coronavirus patients, but it's widely reported they are laying off most of their staff. So why exactly did they get any funding at all in this bill? When the virus crisis is over, do you support Congress to rescind the $25 million grant? Do you think there is corruption there?

TDS at its worst!

Get LOST!

vCash

TDS

Banned
    vCash
    TDS
    "I was proven wrong and can't admit it so I'm gonna use Ad Hominem attack."

vCash
    More people are dying from confirmed covid per week in NYC right now than from ALL CAUSES the previous 4 years.
    Well, all except for one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Give it UP dude!! " He served as acting inspector general at the Pentagon since 2016, and will return to his previous position as principal deputy inspector general for the Pentagon. He is still involved!!! Get a grip!

Bitch about Shiff, Pelosi and the rest of the democrats who insisted on $25 million for the Kennedy Center in the relief bill. The Kennedy Center has not been converted to a hospital to treat coronavirus patients, but it's widely reported they are laying off most of their staff. So why exactly did they get any funding at all in this bill? When the virus crisis is over, do you support Congress to rescind the $25 million grant? Do you think there is corruption there?

TDS at its worst!

Get LOST!
    Not defending Dan - but the Kennedy Center is owned and operated by the US Government. The $25 million replaces their lost revenue for having to cancel all their performances that are revenue generating. In the next round of appropriations, you will probably see similar outlays for the different Smithsonian museums, and possibly funds to replace lost revenues from user fees in National Parks. This is being done for the same reasons we are bailing out all sorts of things right now. It's also why you have seen non-profits be made eligible for all the PPP funding available. Those institutions are all important to this country and provide jobs and positive economic impacts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    Well, all except for one.
    Not picking up what you're putting down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Not defending Dan - but the Kennedy Center is owned and operated by the US Government. The $25 million replaces their lost revenue for having to cancel all their performances that are revenue generating. In the next round of appropriations, you will probably see similar outlays for the different Smithsonian museums, and possibly funds to replace lost revenues from user fees in National Parks. This is being done for the same reasons we are bailing out all sorts of things right now. It's also why you have seen non-profits be made eligible for all the PPP funding available. Those institutions are all important to this country and provide jobs and positive economic impacts.
    The Kennedy Center in NO shape form or fashion is essential. Nobody will die if the Kennedy Center closes forever. Nobody but the elites with plenty of money will even miss it. Whoever inserted that or agreed to it should be charged and convicted of treason. For the record I'm a great fan of what it does. The key word is FAN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The Kennedy Center in NO shape form or fashion is essential. Nobody will die if the Kennedy Center closes forever. Nobody but the elites with plenty of money will even miss it. Whoever inserted that or agreed to it should be charged and convicted of treason. For the record I'm a great fan of what it does. The key word is FAN.
    There are going to be trillions spent bailing out non-essentials in this mess. And, some will get priorities because of politics. Like or not, it's how politics is done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    There are going to be trillions spent bailing out non-essentials in this mess. And, some will get priorities because of politics. Like or not, it's how politics is done.
    So you are fine with people dying or ordinary people going bankrupt so the Elitist Kennedy Center can get unessential money. There is NO other way to read your post, sorry. Is that REALLY what you wanted to say. Anything else unessential should be treated as I said. The people that put that in and allowed it to pass are pure scum. I am perfectly aware that implicates every single Member of Congress that voted for it and the man that signed it.

vCash
    So you are fine with people dying or ordinary people going bankrupt so the Elitist Kennedy Center can get unessential money. There is NO other way to read your post, sorry. Is that REALLY what you wanted to say. Anything else unessential should be treated as I said. The people that put that in and allowed it to pass are pure scum. I am perfectly aware that implicates every single Member of Congress that voted for it and the man that signed it.
    You've called an end to this thread multiple times... yet here you are again.

vCash
    Everything thing in those bills are special interest driven. Every one. You screaming about pennies for one and ignore billions in largess spent on the airlines, the oil companies, etc. Those special interests will once again figure out how to give it to stockholders, cut jobs, screw people out of earned pensions by "going bankrupt", and come out ahead. That is the real treason.