Page 89 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    So if you're saying there's 1000s of undocumented NYC deaths due to corona, you have to concede there's what 10000s of undocumented cases, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So if you're saying there's 1000s of undocumented NYC deaths due to corona, you have to concede there's what 10000s of undocumented cases, right?
    of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    of course.
    It's obvious, but I was directing at hacker mainly. He's sorta been against my theory that the documented cases are way off

vCash
    It's obvious, but I was directing at hacker mainly. He's sorta been against my theory that the documented cases are way off
    I think the documented cases are probably a lot higher. I dont by the idea that a bunch of people had this in Dec and just thought it was a cold. We had about 2,000 die from COVID yesterday. We will probably have 2,000 more today. If it had been here since December we would have already seen a large number of deaths.

But I think the current documented cases are probably off by a large amount.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    What would be the benefit of doing that?
    They're dying at home (or in ambulance, or before testing at hospital, etc) and just haven't been tested. Tests are precious.

vCash
    I don't think I ever said they weren't off. I do think they're off, but not like, "we're close to herd immunity" level type of off. If I had to guess, I'd say like 5x our current cases. That'd put us around 2 million cases. 325 million population left without immunity.

vCash
    You guys my age who learn COBOL in the 80's the Government needs your help. No kidding!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    You guys my age who learn COBOL in the 80's the Government needs your help. No kidding!
    How about us FORTRAN guys?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    So you analyzing health data is "working in healthcare", but someone like a janitor or maintenance tech who actually works in a hospital is not considered "working in healthcare"?

I can guarantee you that those housekeepers cleaning rooms are on the "front lines". They may not be as intimately related as respiratory therapists, nurses, MDs, etc. but they are a lot damn closer to the action than you are....
    I never said he did not work in healthcare. That's putting words in my mouth. I said he likely doesn't do anything healthcare related. IE, work closely with patients / data to where he would be able to see what's going on. He can be closer in physical proximity while being further from understanding what's happening.

I consider the front lines to be doctors / nurses / people of that ilk. They are up close and personal AND they have access to the data. That's my criteria for the front lines. But being close to the action does not mean understanding the action.

If jimbob lived right next to the hospital and worked an accounting job remotely would you consider him closer to the action than joedan who quarantined out in the sticks with his internet access helping view patient data and give input based on what was recorded. I mean jimbob is right next to it every day. Surely he's closer than joedan right?

Matt showed a clear lack of understanding of the seriousness of the issue and joined the countless others in this thread that have been proven wrong time and again. If he's privy to patient data then he would surely have had a different opinion. If he's seriously an RN then his coworkers would be sickened to hear him calling this a media craze.

vCash
    Just watching the press conference - looks like Dr Fauci and some of the reporters have had recent haircuts. How'd they manage that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Just watching the press conference - looks like Dr Fauci and some of the reporters have had recent haircuts. How'd they manage that?
    Scissors probably. With an electric razor to clean up the edges

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Asking the real questions. I'm starting to look homeless.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    We shouldn't disapprove bc there's an entire committee doing it, not 1 human as you've suggested.

Perhaps the president doesn't want someone leading that committee that staged false claims that led to a phony impeachment scam that took the attention away from covid19. Dictatorship LMFAO
    Actually you're thinking of the Atkinson guy he fired last friday. Fine is a totally different person he removed from this group. Man has been busy removing people in his way, so I excuse you for getting the two messed up. Removing the chosen leader of this group is effectively cutting the group's decision making off at the head and saying they have to bend to him.

And the impeachment did not distract from COVID. There was a month after the end of inaction by Trump. That's ludicrous to suggest the aftermath of that distracted him that long when he was calling it the liberal's new hoax at campaign rallies a month later. She clearly had enough time to investigate to reach that dumb conclusion.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    It could be that the OP who initiated this thread (not you) requested that politics be left out of this thread and on this particular board politics is not allowed. Maybe you have a better synopsis?
    Scoob edited that in, not the OP. Then has seemingly let this run its course and culled us out from arguing politics in other threads. Treating this one as a lost cause.

My synopsis would be he initially wanted to get rid of politics entirely but realized that this discussion would be difficult to moderate politics out as it is such a highly politicized issue in its nature. Better to let one thread run amok than have to cut down several different threads of arguing. That way the people who are gonna ignore the rule can do so in their "safe space" and people who want to ignore it can do so easily. Add on top of this that I believe moderating is the least of his concerns right now, it's the decision that makes everyone's life the easiest.

vCash
    This thread needs to be canned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    I dont think there is a benefit, I just think it is what it is. Like Hacker said, there daily deaths at home have sky rocketed since this. That isn't a coincidence.

Scores of ?probable? coronavirus deaths not counted in NYC tally
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/scores...d-by-the-city/

Dozens ? if not hundreds ? of coronavirus deaths in New York City will not be included in the Big Apple?s grim tally, because victims died at home without being tested, The Post has learned.

Luciano Todman ? a 28-year-old with no underlying symptoms ? died early on March 29 in his Bronx apartment after days of diarrhea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, his mother told first responders, according to police sources.

In Flushing, 80-year-old Ho Louie was sent home from the hospital, where his doctor said it would be safer, after four days fighting coronavirus-like symptoms. He died on April 1 just before 11 a.m., sources said.

Another Queens man was found unresponsive in his apartment on April 3, according to sources. The 50-year-old Thokmey Thokmey had tried a few days earlier to get tested but was turned away at the hospital after it ran out of tests.

Todman, Thokmey and Louie are among the 80 death investigations involving people who showed signs of the pandemic COVID-19 between March 22 and Tuesday, according to more than 100 cases reviewed by The Post.

None of those cases, though, were included in the total count of New Yorkers claimed by coronavirus because they weren?t tested before dying.

And those are number only come from calls cops responded to.

At the same time, city paramedics were answering hundreds of more calls for cardiac arrest that include COVID-19 symptoms ? with the death count worse than ?wartime.?

?Out of the 12 [cardiac cases], I did on Sunday 10 had COVID symptoms. Flu-like symptoms, cough, etc. Nobody made it back. That?s going on all over the city,? said Anthony Almojera, vice president of FDNY, EMS union local 3621.

?There?s gotta be 200 a day? obviously are not all COVID, but they aren?t being tested,? he said.

The FDNY confirmed that paramedics are seeing more than 300 calls for cardiac arrest with ?well over? 200 people dying each day. Typically paramedics would deal with around two dozen deaths on around 54 to 74 cardiac arrest calls.

On Sunday alone, EMS responded to 322 calls ? but only 81 survived.

A total 2,192 people died during similar calls between March 20 and April 5 ? compared to 453 during the same time last year.

?Obviously we deal with death but not on this level,? Almojera said. ?It?s crazy.?

New York City?s death toll ? which surged past 3,000 on Tuesday ? only includes the number of confirmed cases. The city does not test people for the disease after they?ve died ? even if they end up in the Medical Examiner?s Office after fighting coronavirus-like symptoms.

The OCME has reported these deaths to the Health Department as ?probable? but it was unknown how many of these cases were, and the city wouldn?t say whether bodies were being tested when The Post asked two weeks ago. The OCME , it could severely affect the next person to contract the virus.

?
    And on the flip side .. they're reporting anyone that dies with covid in a hospital as dying from it, when some are within a year to 5 years of dying anyway due to underlying conditions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    I never said he did not work in healthcare. That's putting words in my mouth. I said he likely doesn't do anything healthcare related. IE, work closely with patients / data to where he would be able to see what's going on. He can be closer in physical proximity while being further from understanding what's happening.

I consider the front lines to be doctors / nurses / people of that ilk. They are up close and personal AND they have access to the data. That's my criteria for the front lines. But being close to the action does not mean understanding the action.

If jimbob lived right next to the hospital and worked an accounting job remotely would you consider him closer to the action than joedan who quarantined out in the sticks with his internet access helping view patient data and give input based on what was recorded. I mean jimbob is right next to it every day. Surely he's closer than joedan right?

Matt showed a clear lack of understanding of the seriousness of the issue and joined the countless others in this thread that have been proven wrong time and again. If he's privy to patient data then he would surely have had a different opinion. If he's seriously an RN then his coworkers would be sickened to hear him calling this a media craze.
    If you understand "the action" like you understand probability and statistics then we in trouble ****

vCash
    Speaking as someone who DOES work in healthcare... the guy Beardo responded to definitely doesn't actually do anything healthcare related. He probably works as a janitor/maintenance in a hospital and calls that healthcare. No way he's "on the front lines". (For the record, I'm not either.)

I'll link what you posted again for you to re-read. If you think that "healthcare" is only the clinicians, you literally have no idea how the industry works. I won't get into the details, but if you don't think that maintenance, housekeeping, or any other support service in a hospital doesn't play a role in patient outcomes - then you're an idiot.

vCash
    Dantheman- quick question for you since you know it all about healthcare.

COVID patients need to be placed in negative pressure room. Who in the hospital ensures that patient rooms have the correct pressure? To help you - it isn't a nurse, physician, or data analyst. I'll wait to hear your answer now that I've ruled out some options for you...and by your answer please let me know if that role is "healthcare related" or "someone on the front lines"....
    Last edited by Gutter Cobreh; 04-08-2020 at 08:39 PM.

vCash
    But what about the statisticians?!?