Page 87 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    I think we'll be at 50k in a couple weeks. Would have to fall off quick to stop at 60k.
    2 weeks, April 22nd? I'd take the under on that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    2 weeks, April 22nd? I'd take the under on that
    Here's my quick reasoning:

Death is a lagging indicator. It usually takes 2-4 weeks to die from this disease. What was happening with new cases 2-4 weeks ago? They were growing exponentially.

2000 people died yesterday. Even if that number stayed the same for 2 weeks, we'd still be at 41k deaths. But I do expect the daily deaths to go above 2000. 2500 a day for 14 days would put us at 48k.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It is not a loan. It is an actual credit. It is called an advance because it is a credit for your 2020 taxes, but you get it right now. The only way it will be an "loan", maybe, is if you qualify for the credit based on your 2018 tax return (or 2019 tax return if it's already filed) but then you don't qualify based on your 2020 taxes. I assume if you end up not qualifying on your 2020 tax return it will make your 2020 taxes higher but I haven't been able to verify yet. I'm interested b/c had some one time issues make us eligible based on our 2018 tax return but won't be eligible based on 2020 unless we have some unfortunate surprises between now and the end of the year.
    You're right. It is a refundable tax credit. It isn't a loan. You don't pay it back if you're not eligible in 2020.

vCash
    If you don't like this thread, why do you keep clicking on it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    You're right. It is a refundable tax credit. It isn't a loan. You don't pay it back if you're not eligible in 2020.
    I think he means "loan" in the sense that there's like $1.5 trillion of other funds in the stimulus that we're on the hook for as taxpayers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    I think he means "loan" in the sense that there's like $1.5 trillion of other funds in the stimulus that we're on the hook for as taxpayers
    Yep, that?s kinda how it works for those that pay taxes. For those that pay a lot, this is an assessment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Says the man that is pro communism! Yep you are once again pulling politics in to this thread! Do you ever learn?
    You have to have a basic understanding of a typical Trump hater. The end justifies the means. Just ignore them and move on.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    You have to have a basic understanding of a typical Trump hater. The end justifies the means. Just ignore them and move on.
    Says the man that is pro communism! Yep you are once again pulling politics in to this thread! Do you ever learn?
    Can you explain how what Trump did is a good thing in regards to this virus and the structure of our government or are you just going to continue making ad hominem attacks?

Best case scenario, Trump delayed the rollout of the relief package. BEST. CASE. SCENARIO. Please explain to me how you think this is a good move.

It's telling that all anyone has done is made ad hominem attacks and complained that their shouldn't be politics on here when this issue directly relates to the virus and American's wallets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Its a tax advance, not a handout. It will be paid back by the same americans who get it. And I don't need it, but there are so many americans that do. But we would rather bail out the banks who refuse to give out small business loans than bail out the people. Because trickle down economics magic.
    What a DA. You have zero clue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Mods Y'all need to move this thread to the political board or just kill it altogether.
    Amen!

vCash
    Yes. Circling back to the fact that I work in healthcare.
    Dantheman4248 - "Speaking as someone who DOES work in healthcare... the guy Beardo responded to definitely doesn't actually do anything healthcare related. He probably works as a janitor/maintenance in a hospital and calls that healthcare. No way he's "on the front lines". (For the record, I'm not either.)"

I've asked you a few times already what it is that you do in healthcare since you had no problem attacking and discrediting me for saying I worked as a RN and you've not responded. You've called me a liar and said you actually do work in healthcare. You didn't like that it was possible that a front line healthcare worker could have a different viewpoint than you. I'm glad other people are seeing how out of touch you are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    What a DA. You have zero clue.
    The problem is he does not understand that he does not understand. Can't teach someone like that! No amount of explanation on this forum will change that. Instead of going to a truly political forum he continues to spew his vitriolic opinions and ignorance, which have been disproved many times here and even more thoroughly throughout history, here.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Dantheman4248 - "Speaking as someone who DOES work in healthcare... the guy Beardo responded to definitely doesn't actually do anything healthcare related. He probably works as a janitor/maintenance in a hospital and calls that healthcare. No way he's "on the front lines". (For the record, I'm not either.)"

I've asked you a few times already what it is that you do in healthcare since you had no problem attacking and discrediting me for saying I worked as a RN and you've not responded. You've called me a liar and said you actually do work in healthcare. You didn't like that it was possible that a front line healthcare worker could have a different viewpoint than you. I'm glad other people are seeing how out of touch you are.
    I don't like that a "front line health worker" would say the hysteria is solely due to the media. Hopefully by now you have changed your tune.

Without getting into specifics, I work with data, analytics, and emrs to help better streamline patient care across all fronts. I'm privy to some of the data and stats that I'm continually told on here that I have no clue about or am a dumbass.

I'm not the one out of touch. It's actually really rich for someone who blamed the media to say that. I'm curious if you still hold that opinion or you have gathered more data and changed your tune. I hope so.

Banned
    vCash
    The problem is he does not understand that he does not understand. Can't teach someone like that! No amount of explanation on this forum will change that. Instead of going to a truly political forum he continues to spew his vitriolic opinions and ignorance, which have been disproved many times here and even more thoroughly throughout history, here.
    I've told you that communism fails every time in history. Don't know what "vitriolic opinions and ignorance" I have that are disproven throughout history. I believe heaven is communist, one being has all the power and everyone else submits and is given equal utopia. I believe that humans can never achieve that because for communism to work, the ruling class has to be pure. Never will happen. But I also think that we can strive towards being better towards our fellow man. How we turn and hate the poor for not having money and being unable to contribute to society is silly when juxtaposed with how we hate the hoarders of toilet paper in this pandemic. Everyone needs TP. Everyone needs wealth. Why is one okay to hoard but the other not?

vCash
    Yes trump removed oversight on the distribution of two trillion of America's money because he doesn't think this will last past the end of May. That's solely why.

This dude just removed checks and balances from our government over distributing 2 trillion dollars and you're justifying it. He just took the biggest step towards dictatorship that he has yet. But you're going to defend it.

Please, someone logically explain why we SHOULDNT be vehemently disapproving this? Instead of ad hominem attacks about how I'm "chicken little" how about debating the issue? I'll wait.
    Do you think no one is filling that role? Seriously is that what you think?

There is a freaking Pandemic Response Accountability Committee. ONE of the people on that committee is being replaced and you're claiming Trump is removing oversight altogether? Are you serious? Change the channel.

Oversight is still being done by the same committee minus 1 human who will be replaced.

vCash
    I've told you that communism fails every time in history. Don't know what "vitriolic opinions and ignorance" I have that are disproven throughout history. I believe heaven is communist, one being has all the power and everyone else submits and is given equal utopia. I believe that humans can never achieve that because for communism to work, the ruling class has to be pure. Never will happen. But I also think that we can strive towards being better towards our fellow man. How we turn and hate the poor for not having money and being unable to contribute to society is silly when juxtaposed with how we hate the hoarders of toilet paper in this pandemic. Everyone needs TP. Everyone needs wealth. Why is one okay to hoard but the other not?
    So Sorry for falling for his bait, but you were the one touting Communism as the preferred government on a previous post in this very thread! The very ground you are standing on shifts with every post! Please take this elsewhere!!!

vCash
    I don't like that a "front line health worker" would say the hysteria is solely due to the
    Without getting into specifics, I work with data, analytics, and emrs to help better streamline patient care across all fronts.
    ^^ That’s not “working in healthcare.”

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    Do you think no one is filling that role? Seriously is that what you think?

There is a freaking Pandemic Response Accountability Committee. ONE of the people on that committee is being replaced and you're claiming Trump is removing oversight altogether? Are you serious? Change the channel.

Oversight is still being done by the same committee minus 1 human who will be replaced.
    And if that person doesn't do trump's bidding, he'll be removed. Then we'll be delayed even more. Until "Democrats stop blocking Trump trying to distribute the bill as soon as possible because the American people".

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    ^^ That’s not “working in healthcare.”
    Explain how. I said before that I wasn't working on the front-lines. There is a lot more to healthcare than nurses and doctors.

vCash
    And if that person doesn't do trump's bidding, he'll be removed. Then we'll be delayed even more. Until "Democrats stop blocking Trump trying to distribute the bill as soon as possible because the American people".
    You're just making stuff up now. You asked for a good reason and I gave you one. Apparently you thought this 1 human was solely responsible for oversight and no other human on the planet could fill the role. TDS in full action