Page 85 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

Banned
    vCash
    The watchdog overseeing the 2 Trillion dollar virus relief package was just removed by the president.

I don't even know what to say. There's no insurance that the American people are going to be treated fairly here now. This economic collapse just got a little bit worse for the have nots. More free money for the swamp.

ETA: This effectively kills any future relief bills and will make the economy wilt as no way democrats will allow any more uninhibited relief bills through. The American people just blatantly had their tax dollar stolen from them during an economic crisis and pandemic.

This will lead to more people having to go back to work quicker than necessary and a possible second wave for the virus. Only God can help us now. Please let summer heat kill this thing way more than initially thought.
    Last edited by dantheman4248; 04-07-2020 at 05:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    The watchdog overseeing the 2 Trillion dollar virus relief package was just removed by the president.

I don't even know what to say. There's no insurance that the American people are going to be treated fairly here now. This economic collapse just got a little bit worse for the have nots. More free money for the swamp.

ETA: This effectively kills any future relief bills and will make the economy wilt as no way democrats will allow any more uninhibited relief bills through. The American people just blatantly had their tax dollar stolen from them during an economic crisis and pandemic.

This will lead to more people having to go back to work quicker than necessary and a possible second wave for the virus. Only God can help us now. Please let summer heat kill this thing way more than initially thought.
    Damn I think you?re a bit overreacting.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    How? This is the most egregious thing he's done given the context. How he managed to find a new low is astounding. The ramifications of this are clear even if he handles the money correctly and doesn't cheat that bill. Killing any future relief makes it impossible for many Americans to handle a quarantine that lasts past the end of May. He just did that whether or not he steals money. And he will blame the democrats for not trusting him when all bills are killed.

This is absolutely psychotic. We can only pray that the summer heat culls this virus and that a better cure to fight this is found soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    You expect something different??

vCash
    How? This is the most egregious thing he's done given the context. How he managed to find a new low is astounding. The ramifications of this are clear even if he handles the money correctly and doesn't cheat that bill. Killing any future relief makes it impossible for many Americans to handle a quarantine that lasts past the end of May. He just did that whether or not he steals money. And he will blame the democrats for not trusting him when all bills are killed.

This is absolutely psychotic. We can only pray that the summer heat culls this virus and that a better cure to fight this is found soon.
    Have you ever pondered that maybe that's because they don't expect this to last past the end of May?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Rep Given!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Rep Given!
    I'd throw some back at ya but ... gotta spread some around ya know.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Have you ever pondered that maybe that's because they don't expect this to last past the end of May?
    Yes trump removed oversight on the distribution of two trillion of America's money because he doesn't think this will last past the end of May. That's solely why.

This dude just removed checks and balances from our government over distributing 2 trillion dollars and you're justifying it. He just took the biggest step towards dictatorship that he has yet. But you're going to defend it.

Please, someone logically explain why we SHOULDNT be vehemently disapproving this? Instead of ad hominem attacks about how I'm "chicken little" how about debating the issue? I'll wait.

vCash
    I'd throw some back at ya but ... gotta spread some around ya know.
    I hear ya brother! It's all good!

vCash
    So there’ll be no oversight of how the stimulus is dispersed? Wow. Yeah. What an overreach!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    So there’ll be no oversight of how the stimulus is dispersed? Wow. Yeah. What an overreach!
    He just appointed Donald jr to oversee, so all is well

vCash

and here's another Rep given. So much for the Op's request to keep politics out of the thread.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 04-07-2020 at 08:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He just appointed Donald jr to oversee, so all is well
    Think Trump is now regretting not taking his salary and trying to line his pockets before he leave office ***** Or is he using the "governors have to decide stuff for their state" smokescreen while he becomes Adolf Hitler in the background. That's pretty slick on his part ******

Meanwhile, Pelosi & Schumer all about the little folks ******

vCash
    Yes trump removed oversight on the distribution of two trillion of America's money because he doesn't think this will last past the end of May. That's solely why.

This dude just removed checks and balances from our government over distributing 2 trillion dollars and you're justifying it. He just took the biggest step towards dictatorship that he has yet. But you're going to defend it.

Please, someone logically explain why we SHOULDNT be vehemently disapproving this? Instead of ad hominem attacks about how I'm "chicken little" how about debating the issue? I'll wait.
    I'll wait until the end of May. Sorry you're not getting your handout.

vCash
    Think Trump is now regretting not taking his salary and trying to line his pockets before he leave office ***** Or is he using the "governors have to decide stuff for their state" smokescreen while he becomes Adolf Hitler in the background. That's pretty slick on his part ******

They're all crooked. Both parties.

vCash
    John Prine died today from COVID. My musical hero. As good as a songwriter as there every was IMHO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They're all crooked. Both parties.
    Not arguing that point at all.

But dano be saying Trump trying to become a dictator while he is the one of the few officials practically that has been resisting that. He's the one that didn't invoke the govt production act immediately, didn't shut down the country immediately, has let governors decide for themselves, isn't utilizing the national guard to keep people in their houses, etc. I don't know why he fired the guy in charge of distributing the $2 trill but I'm guessing it's cause he was pissed that people were having such a hard time getting their benefits. Not sure tho cause Trump fires for lots of reasons and not all of them are good reasons.

I guess some value life a helluva lot more than liberty. They for a dictatorship when it protects them and they're "safe" and/or it's their side of the aisle.

Banned
    vCash

You're looking at Putin, not Hitler. This is the most clear step he has followed Putin under and dare I say he is now more powerful than Putin. Russia's budget revenue is equivalent to 200 billion dollars. Control over that is how Putin controls big business in Russia and thusly everything else. Giving Trump free reign over TEN TIMES that amount is scary. That amount is equal to over half the yearly US budget.

And yes, the IGs get to appoint the next one, but Trump will simply remove whoever doesn't toe the line.

We're in a dictatorship and Donald Trump is the most powerful man in the history of the world. That's not an overreaction, that's a fact.

vCash
    You're looking at Putin, not Hitler. This is the most clear step he has followed Putin under and dare I say he is now more powerful than Putin. Russia's budget revenue is equivalent to 200 billion dollars. Control over that is how Putin controls big business in Russia and thusly everything else. Giving Trump free reign over TEN TIMES that amount is scary. That amount is equal to over half the yearly US budget.

And yes, the IGs get to appoint the next one, but Trump will simply remove whoever doesn't toe the line.

We're in a dictatorship and Donald Trump is the most powerful man in the history of the world. That's not an overreaction, that's a fact.
    Yea, yea ... whatever.

vCash

You have serious issues.