Page 85 of 250 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    "My doctor said I'd die if I didn't get my cancer treatment, so I got it and it's working. WHY DID I LISTEN TO HIM? 100% FRAUD"
    Good thing your Dr. didn't flip flop on his opinion like Fauci. If your Dr. had said he didn't believe your cancer would spread because it's benign, when it was actually aggressive you'd be dead. Glad you're cured.
    Watch out for silent carriers, they're all over the grocery stores etc. They're carrying it into LTC facilities. They're the real danger and Fauci didn't believe they were real.

Banned
    vCash
    In virus update news, the virus has gotten too smart it outsmarts the antibiotics. The "germ" has gotten too smart. It's outsmarted us all. The nonliving thing is too smart to be stopped by the drugs that by definition kill only living things.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1...355328512?s=21

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    In virus update news, the virus has gotten too smart it outsmarts the antibiotics. The "germ" has gotten too smart. It's outsmarted us all. The nonliving thing is too smart to be stopped by the drugs that by definition kill only living things.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1...355328512?s=21
    And nothing outsmarts you. You have all the answers. Thanks for making a dent in this epidemic and exposing the dictator. I?ll sleep better tonight knowing your expertise will save the world. Thank you and cheers.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    And nothing outsmarts you. You have all the answers. Thanks for making a dent in this epidemic and exposing the dictator. I?ll sleep better tonight knowing your expertise will save the world. Thank you and cheers.
    Ad hominem attack. Check. Deflection. Check. Avoided responding to the issue. Check.

That's all on you and all I did was paraphrase the CIC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    To throw it out there..... I started feeling symptoms for Covid-19 on March 29th. I couldn't smell anything unless it was sweet.... couldn't taste unless it was bitter..... couldn't satisfy a deep breath..... became very lethargic..... and simply couldn't get out of bed. And that was the first day. That last about 5 days. Also, around day 2..... I got the worst chills. I broke into 2 sweats that night. I didn't eat anything for 3 days..... had absolutely no appetite.

On day 5, I started to feel better. It was a lie. Thursday hit and that was the first day I thought about going to the ER. My breathing and anxiety We're through the roof. I couldn't take a deep breath, felt like someone was stepping on my chest, and choking me at the same time. Luckily, I was able to fall asleep.

Also, to add..... the days were much better than the nights. Except in the beginning..... it was all bad.

I'm on day 14 now and I'm just now feeling a little more comfortable breathing. I still have some trouble satisfying a deep breath.

This thing is not fun. I'm 37, in good health, and no under lining conditions. And I thought I was going to the ER.

I've drank more water the last two weeks than I have in my life..... but I will say, a physician friend of mine suggested taking mucinex with zycam. It didn't make the virus go away, but it did help with the symptoms.
    Glad you're better.

So did you test positive? Has anyone else in your circle got it too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Glad you're better.

So did you test positive? Has anyone else in your circle got it too?
    UAB would not test me because I didn't have underlying conditions and I'm still considered young. At the time I called them, my temperature was normal. But that's the thing..... my temperature has gone from 98.6 to 100.8 back to 98.6 in a matter of two hours. They only wanted to test me if my temperature went above 102 consistently..... thinking back, I should've lied. They told me to isolate myself. One person that I've come in contact with within the last month has shown up positive for covid. Luckily, she's 27 and in great shape. She'll power through this. My primary doctor has been in contact with me, but I couldn't imagine going through this if I had respiratory issues.

vCash
    UAB would not test me because I didn't have underlying conditions and I'm still considered young. At the time I called them, my temperature was normal. But that's the thing..... my temperature has gone from 98.6 to 100.8 back to 98.6 in a matter of two hours. They only wanted to test me if my temperature went above 102 consistently..... thinking back, I should've lied. They told me to isolate myself. One person that I've come in contact with within the last month has shown up positive for covid. Luckily, she's 27 and in great shape. She'll power through this. My primary doctor has been in contact with me, but I couldn't imagine going through this if I had respiratory issues.
    Glad you seem to be better dude. Hope she doesn't get too sick with it.

Just curious ... do you know your blood type?

vCash
    A positive..... wife and kid are both 0 positive. They haven't showed any signs. Looks like I was wrong about the blood type thing

vCash
    A positive..... wife and kid are both 0 positive. They haven't showed any signs. Looks like I was wrong about the blood type thing
    I had read that too. Gonna still be careful myself but I'm O+.

I been wondering with some of the data trends and how hard certain areas are hit .. is it ethnicity (Italian maybe since NY has 2nd highest Italian ethnic population) or blood type ... combo of the 2. Not sure.

ETA: And even tho O blood types may not get it as bad, probably doesn't mean they couldn't be carriers.

vCash
    It's so weird to me that blood types might be the difference in getting hammered and hardly affected. Is this common among viruses?

vCash
    It's so weird to me that blood types might be the difference in getting hammered and hardly affected. Is this common among viruses?
    Here come the experts ... deadhead & dano *****

ETA: Honestly tho .. I'm not gonna count on that myself.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Here come the experts ... deadhead & dano *****

ETA: Honestly tho .. I'm not gonna count on that myself.
    Nah I have no idea on that and the study that started that hubbub came from China. So I didn't even bother trying to talk about it. At this point I feel it's fair to operate on "Don't believe China and their lies." Same country that said there's no proof of human-to-human transmission.

vCash
    Seems to be true for malaria at least:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0309124113.htm

vCash
    To throw it out there..... I started feeling symptoms for Covid-19 on March 29th. I couldn't smell anything unless it was sweet.... couldn't taste unless it was bitter..... couldn't satisfy a deep breath..... became very lethargic..... and simply couldn't get out of bed. And that was the first day. That last about 5 days. Also, around day 2..... I got the worst chills. I broke into 2 sweats that night. I didn't eat anything for 3 days..... had absolutely no appetite.

On day 5, I started to feel better. It was a lie. Thursday hit and that was the first day I thought about going to the ER. My breathing and anxiety We're through the roof. I couldn't take a deep breath, felt like someone was stepping on my chest, and choking me at the same time. Luckily, I was able to fall asleep.

Also, to add..... the days were much better than the nights. Except in the beginning..... it was all bad.

I'm on day 14 now and I'm just now feeling a little more comfortable breathing. I still have some trouble satisfying a deep breath.

This thing is not fun. I'm 37, in good health, and no under lining conditions. And I thought I was going to the ER.

I've drank more water the last two weeks than I have in my life..... but I will say, a physician friend of mine suggested taking mucinex with zycam. It didn't make the virus go away, but it did help with the symptoms.
    Glad you're feeling better and thanks for posting.

The fact that you couldn't get tested irritates the piss out of me. We need to be testing 10x more people if we want this to stop anytime soon.

Part of me thinks we're not testing more because the numbers would be scary and people would panic. But it's what we need to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Glad you're feeling better and thanks for posting.

The fact that you couldn't get tested irritates the piss out of me. We need to be testing 10x more people if we want this to stop anytime soon.

Part of me thinks we're not testing more because the numbers would be scary and people would panic. But it's what we need to do.
    The nurse at UAB said I was one of over a hundred that had called that day about symptoms.

vCash
    The nurse at UAB said I was one of over a hundred that had called that day about symptoms.
    I agree with hacker on this one ... need to be testing everyone with symptoms. Right now Alabama has 3563 positive and over 20K negatives. Maybe that's why they are selective in testing but IMO need to test anyone with symptoms. And what you had are the symptoms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I agree with hacker on this one ... need to be testing everyone with symptoms. Right now Alabama has 3563 positive and over 20K negatives. Maybe that's why they are selective in testing but IMO need to test anyone with symptoms. And what you had are the symptoms.
    The drive thru testing stations screwed everything up because healthy folks were getting tested. I was shocked when they told me they wouldn't test me. And trust me..... the first 5 days of what I had were unbearable. Couldn't even walk to the bathroom at times. I told my doctor everything and even told UAB and they simply said to self isolate for 7 days and quarantine for at least another 7 days. I'm going to isolate for as long as possible because I don't want anyone getting what I had / have.

vCash
    The drive thru testing stations screwed everything up because healthy folks were getting tested. I was shocked when they told me they wouldn't test me. And trust me..... the first 5 days of what I had were unbearable. Couldn't even walk to the bathroom at times. I told my doctor everything and even told UAB and they simply said to self isolate for 7 days and quarantine for at least another 7 days. I'm going to isolate for as long as possible because I don't want anyone getting what I had / have.
    Damn dude ... glad you feeling better now. Even tho I'm O+ ... don't really wanna get it myself.

vCash
    Dang, I thought you had to have symptoms to get tested at the drive thrus as well. Maybe people are just lying about having them.

vCash
    Just curious, have you been working / been around people? How do you think you caught it?