Page 84 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Fauci now stating that he thinks it will become seasonal.

I guess we will have to shut down America forever...******************
    Good. That means that this will be a one time deal.**

vCash
    I went to a small engine repair shop in Smith county today. Had to get mower blades. As best I could tell, there were 5 employees and at least 5-7 customers. Not a single glove, face mask, or sanitizer being used that I could see. If it doesn’t kill a bunch more Mississippians, it’s due to dumb luck. Certainly not because we all did our part.

On the flip side , I have malaria pills from my time in Africa. Still have a Z pack, and a vial of ivermectin for heart worm treatment on my dogs!! Seems I have all the treatments covered!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Fauci now stating that he thinks it will become seasonal.

I guess we will have to shut down America forever...******************
    Fauci kinda pissing me of a little. Why not use hydroxycloriquine with z-pac if you're very ill?? All this bullshit about double blind studies or controlled studies in this scenario is crap. Trump is spot on saying if someone develops pretty serious symptoms then use it. Not sure folks should necessarily use it in advance of that but ... I think they do use it in advance in high malaria regions of the world.

I also HAVE NEVER understood telling and emphasizing to folks to NOT wear a mask. It probably will keep you from getting it where the air isn't saturated with the virus, but it certainly wouldn't hurt either way. It's bullshit that Fauci and the Surgeon General both advised so strongly against wearing a mask.

Sometimes ... very smart people are not extremely practical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Fauci kinda pissing me of a little. Why not use hydroxycloriquine with z-pac if you're very ill?? All this bullshit about double blind studies or controlled studies in this scenario is crap. Trump is spot on saying if someone develops pretty serious symptoms then use it. Not sure folks should necessarily use it in advance of that but ... I think they do use it in advance in high malaria regions of the world.

I also HAVE NEVER understood telling and emphasizing to folks to NOT wear a mask. It probably will keep you from getting it where the air isn't saturated with the virus, but it certainly wouldn't hurt either way. It's bullshit that Fauci and the Surgeon General both advised so strongly against wearing a mask.

Sometimes ... very smart people are not extremely practical.

I think they probably didn't recommend wearing a mask because people would freak out and try to buy up all the masks that the health care workers so desperately needs on the front line. I may be wrong, but everything is still a guessing game right now, and I agree on your comment about Dr Fauci. I actually listen more as to what Dr. Deborah Birx says.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 04-06-2020 at 06:39 PM.

vCash
    This is from several days ago, but it is a pretty informative video with Dr. Jay Bhattachary being interviewed.

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya is a professor of medicine at Stanford University. He is a research associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research and a senior fellow at both the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research and the Stanford Freeman Spogli Institute. His background is as a doctor, a medical researcher, and an economist. Some of this interview (March 27) is defending what he said in the Wall Street Journal (March 24th). He was also predicting the death rate to be lower than projected by the Washington Health experts at that time. His prediction was more in line with what they are predicting now.

"Questioning Conventional Wisdom in the COVID-19 Crisis, with Dr. Jay Bhattachary"

Last edited by yjnkdawg; 04-06-2020 at 10:15 PM.

vCash
    I love watching the slow turn on Fauci. 99% of doctors would agree with the premise of what he has been saying for the last month, so I'm not really sure what people want him to say. How is he supposed to know exactly how this will turn out? Its a new virus and a situation the modern world has never seen before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I think they probably didn't recommend wearing a mask because people would freak out and try to buy up all the masks that the health care workers so desperately needs on the front line. I may be wrong, but everything is still a guessing game right now, and I agree on your comment about Dr Fauci. I actually listen more as to what Dr. Deborah Birx says.
    Agree on Birx too. She's the most practical health advisor that Trump has IMO.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Agree on Birx too. She's the most practical health advisor that Trump has IMO.
    She seems to me to relate to the general public better. Even when she has not so good news to relay.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I love watching the slow turn on Fauci. 99% of doctors would agree with the premise of what he has been saying for the last month, so I'm not really sure what people want him to say. How is he supposed to know exactly how this will turn out? Its a new virus and a situation the modern world has never seen before.
    He's the fall guy plain and simple. Everything will be blamed on him and the rest of the government will come out looking squeaky clean to gullible America.

vCash
    @msstate7

Update on the Sweden vs Norway thing, Sweden had 114 deaths in the last 24 hours. Norway has 83 total deaths.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    @msstate7

Update on the Sweden vs Norway thing, Sweden had 114 deaths in the last 24 hours. Norway has 83 total deaths.
    Be interesting if they change course or ride it out.

What's Sweden's other border country (Denmark) doing?

Death rate for the 3:
    Denmark: 127 per million
    Finland: 6 per million
    Sweden: 59 per million

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Death rate for the 3:
    Denmark has a policy similar to Norway, but I'm seeing 35 per million. I think you saw the 127 in the wrong column.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Denmark has a policy similar to Norway, but I'm seeing 35 per million. I think you saw the 127 in the wrong column.
    You're correct, serious condition. Thanks

vCash

Death rate for the 3:
    I thought all those places were the same country**

vCash
    Hypertension most common pre-existing condition among LA deaths from covid19. Adding up the percentages of pre-existing conditions that are listed, you get 232.7; obviously, many have a few of the conditions.

https://www.nola.com/news/coronaviru...m_campaign=snd

vCash
    Hypertension most common pre-existing condition among LA deaths from covid19. Adding up the percentages of pre-existing conditions that are listed, you get 232.7; obviously, many have a few of the conditions.

https://www.nola.com/news/coronaviru...m_campaign=snd
    I suspect a huge percentage of those with hypertension are diabetic or obese or both. Be interested to see how many deaths involve people that had hypertension but no other serious underlying condition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I suspect a huge percentage of those with hypertension are diabetic or obese or both. Be interested to see how many deaths involve people that had hypertension but no other serious underlying condition.
    The number that jumps out at me is African Americans account for 70.5% of the deaths. Anyone know the % of the population African Americans make up in LA?

vCash
    The number that jumps out at me is African Americans account for 70.5% of the deaths. Anyone know the % of the population African Americans make up in LA?
    Assuming you mean Louisiana and not Los Angeles, New Orleans is about 60% Black, and the state is about 33% (according to the Census Bureau).

vCash
    Coronavirus just tweeted a picture of a noose.**

Too soon?