Page 8 of 274 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Society may not be but I’m prepared. I’ve been stashing cash for years. It may be foolish not investing that money but at times like this, it seems pretty smart. When I say cash, I’m not talking about numbers on a bank statement, I’m talking about silver coins and hundred dollar bills in a safety deposit box and a safe.
    Better to stash gold / precious metals imo. The value of a dollar is fluid. Metals and materials keep going up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    1. Could you source that. I want to know who thinks it's a bad idea. The only criticism that I've been aware is how long it took to get to this point.

2. It's not about private testing or any of that. It's the fact that American's can't afford it. Katie Porter had to hold the director of the CDC's feet to the fire for him to commit to using an authority he had known about for a week to allow for free testing of the American people. The procedures being set the way they are for years is a cheap argument. Why do you think one of the furthest right countries is behind all these leftist countries on our testing policies and procedures. It's got to be because of the left stopping the right from being progressive****

3. Politics always makes people think there is an agenda. The only agenda I have is protecting my loved ones. The leaders in office currently have shown they pose a direct threat to that with their incompetence on this issue. They either need to adapt and learn or be replaced. The fact of the matter is that healthcare shouldn't be an issue here. We shouldn't have to side with pro-choice abortion just because we have the common sense that we should all be able to survive getting sick. Shouldn't have to side against your religious belief that a marriage is a covenant between a man and a woman to support your religious belief that you should support thy neighbor.

It's simple really. The leaders of this country have proven themselves unfit to handle a national emergency correctly. Regardless of anything else, they should be replaced with people who will enact policies that will better protect and serve this country. Regardless of political affiliation.
    1. You aren’t seriously asking for a source are you? “Travel bans are racist, homophobic, misogynistic, and just mean”. That is the automatic response from democrats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That would mean it's much less lethal.
    Would shave close to a percent off the 3% number people are reporting from China.
    Far Moorhead yaw

vCash
    Italy is at 7.1% death rate at the moment for what it's worth.

17660 total cases
    1266 deaths

3 weeks ago they only had 3 total cases.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Italy is at 7.1% death rate at the moment for what it's worth.

17660 total cases
    1266 deaths

3 weeks ago they only had 3 total cases.
    21157 total cases
    1441 deaths
    6.8% death rate

Hoops on SPS said the mean death age in Italy is 81. Their seniors are being hammered

vCash
    Anyone else heard that doctors around the state think this bug has been here since before thanksgiving? My family got hit with something very similar in January. Hack cough...fever...headache...just general tiredness. Feel a lot better in about 4 days but not back 100% for a week or so.

I’m not saying I think we had it. But I had a medical friend say that now they think we may have. As they started seeing a spike in those symptoms with negative flu and strep tests since christmas.

The argument against it is that we were back to work/school in less than a week and I’m not sure we infected a pile of folks. Just curious if this is just one persons theory or something the medical community is truly offering up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    1. You aren’t seriously asking for a source are you? “Travel bans are racist, homophobic, misogynistic, and just mean”. That is the automatic response from democrats.
    I think the China ban was more of "thats too late and not going to solve the issue and we aren't doing enough here now, so this ban is mostly optics cause it's already here" criticism, but the right definitely assume any criticism is calling them racist if one person remotely mentions race as a part of the criticism and misses the big picture.

The criticism of the Europe ban was that it wasn't clear what the **** he meant. They had to issue statements after the fact not just clarifying what it meant, but contradicting stuff trump explicitly stated in his speech, like that the ban applied to goods, then it didn't apply to goods. Biggest political moment since 9/11 and he can't even tell us a clear policy.

vCash
    Incompetent leadership is a damn understatement. Our response and the rhetoric from the top has been embarrassing and dangerous. Good God stop enabling this.
    ?Buy the ticket, take the ride.?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Anyone else heard that doctors around the state think this bug has been here since before thanksgiving? My family got hit with something very similar in January. Hack cough...fever...headache...just general tiredness. Feel a lot better in about 4 days but not back 100% for a week or so.

I’m not saying I think we had it. But I had a medical friend say that now they think we may have. As they started seeing a spike in those symptoms with negative flu and strep tests since christmas.

The argument against it is that we were back to work/school in less than a week and I’m not sure we infected a pile of folks. Just curious if this is just one persons theory or something the medical community is truly offering up.
    There was a doctor in Seattle wanting to test flu tests for it since January but kept getting rebuffed by the feds. Finally broke the law and did it anyway at the end of February and found at least 2 cases in Seattle that were picked up in the community, not thru travel, so it's been around since at least around New Years.

vCash
    21157 total cases
    1441 deaths
    6.8% death rate

Hoops on SPS said the mean death age in Italy is 81. Their seniors are being hammered
    Dang my numbers were from this morning.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Yes I am. Because in this scenario the bans absolutely are not and I don't believe for a second that that is the actual criticism. Again the only criticism of this is how poorly it has been handled, how too little too late it is, or how it's not even clear what we banned.

So again, source it. Do that instead of making it up in your head that that is what any criticism is. Help me not vote for the idiots that seriously said what you claimed OR help yourself realize that they don't exist. That's what research will accomplish. Either way, we both win when you do some research here. So please, source it.

vCash

I really think my granddaughter had it a month ago. High fever and looked like death. Felt horrible and vomiting. Tested negative for flu and put on antibiotics and sent home for the usual treatments. A few days later she was back at the Dr's office. Really high fever again, 104. Tested negative again. Breathing treatments, etc.... Was told if fever didn't ease in another 24 hours she would be put in hospital. It started breaking the next day but remained a little high for days. Took several days but she was back to normal soon.
    Now my wife, who is a nurse at a hospital where there have been confirmed cases, is home sick with fever. She's just toughing it out whatever it is!!

Banned
    vCash

I got knocked on my ass last fall. Sore throat, fever, etc. Swore up and down it was streptococcus or flu. Both were negative. They said it was a virus and told me to rest. Didn't get a confirmation what virus. I was out of commission for a week. Idk if it was this specifically but it was damn close if not. That was back in late october.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I really think my granddaughter had it a month ago. High fever and looked like death. Felt horrible and vomiting. Tested negative for flu and put on antibiotics and sent home for the usual treatments. A few days later she was back at the Dr's office. Really high fever again, 104. Tested negative again. Breathing treatments, etc.... Was told if fever didn't ease in another 24 hours she would be put in hospital. It started breaking the next day but remained a little high for days. Took several days but she was back to normal soon.
    Now my wife, who is a nurse at a hospital where there have been confirmed cases, is home sick with fever. She's just toughing it out whatever it is!!
    No disrespect because I understand the thought of toughing out illnesses. But please get her tested as soon as possible. If she is a nurse and in contact with people with several people with weakened immune systems then even when she starts to feel better she could still be contagious and infect them. This is why we need more testing.

vCash

Got a friend of mine that back in February was wiped out for about 5 days. 65 year old smoker. Flu tests came back negative. So I think you may be right. I had maybe a milder case maybe, since I had some chills around that time myself and felt sluggish and real tired. Wasn't wiped out like him tho.

ETA: I'm also inclined to think now that the death rate is so high relative to the flu because there may have been a whole lot of cases that haven't been diagnosed. The death rate is just against diagnosed cases.

vCash
    I would really like these rumors to be true. If it's been here for 2 months, the death rate for this virus isn't as high as we think right now. Personally, I think it (death rate) will drop considerably over the next month bc I think many more have it than we have documented

vCash
    I would really like these rumors to be true. If it's been here for 2 months, the death rate for this virus isn't as high as we think right now. Personally, I think it (death rate) will drop considerably over the next month bc I think many more have it than we have documented
    Agree. My friend also had a friend of his that had same thing he did and had negative flu tests. Neither of them could figure out what was wrong with them. My friend said he felt horrible and after looking at COVID-19 symptoms, said that is exactly what he was experiencing.

vCash
    Has everyone in this thread seen the Joe Rogan episode on this yet? It’s the best info out there and isn’t political at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Has everyone in this thread seen the Joe Rogan episode on this yet? It?s the best info out there and isn?t political at all
    Just watched part of it. Why is it the "best info"? Cause it seems this may be the next bubonic plague according the the infectious disease doctor he had on there.

I'm also inclined to believe the "rates" over in China are dropping cause now that they're aware of it, people are actually getting tested for it now and have been for a while over there. And the rates that are soaring (like here in US) are because people are just now starting to get tested for it.