Page 73 of 274 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I heard today on one of the news network that as late as Jan 17th the Chinese were telling the WHO that there was no evidence of human to human transfers. I hope that one is not true.

It is unfortunately true.

The World Health Organization (WHO) is now haunted by a tweet it sent earlier this year when it cited Chinese health officials who claimed there had been no human transmissions of the novel coronavirus within the country yet.

The Jan. 14 tweet came less than two months before WHO declared COVID-19 to be a global pandemic.

"Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China," the organization had said.

It also relied on information from Chinese health authorities who have been accused of obscuring facts and figures during the course of the outbreak.

There are multiple references: One of them is - https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...astating-lies/
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 03-30-2020 at 03:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Nope, of course not. For weeks he's been trolling and vaguely saying we're foolish for being concerned and has never said why. I'm guessing he's some kind of genius.
    He's actually right about the numbers although there is more extensive and accurate data available now. But the models are still not perfect. With mountains of data any model isn't perfect.

Right now I would guess that their worst case scenarios if we did nothing at all could be even worse than the models indicate. But on flip side ... they also could be much better than models indicate. But same could be said for best case scenarios too.

But they do have a more accurate envelope those could fall within and either way ... the numbers aren't good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    He's actually right about the numbers although there is more extensive and accurate data available now. But the models are still not perfect. With mountains of data any model isn't perfect.

Right now I would guess that their worst case scenarios if we did nothing at all could be even worse than the models indicate. But on flip side ... they also could be much better than models indicate. But same could be said for best case scenarios too.

But they do have a more accurate envelope those could fall within and either way ... the numbers aren't good.
    Wait, when did Cooterpoot post numbers?

vCash
    Wait, when did Cooterpoot post numbers?
    He said "none of the numbers are real". I assumed that meant the data isn't entirely accurate and ... it's not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    He said "none of the numbers are real". I assumed that meant the data isn't entirely accurate and ... it's not.
    Ah, gotcha

vCash
    So long boys.....headed out Wed to Nola. This really sucks!

vCash
    Texas has clamped down on LA. If you are LA you cannot inter Texas unless you go into 14 day lock down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Take care buddy. I?ll be passing through there Wednesday headed to Mississippi!! Gonna isolate at home for the next month!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Texas has clamped down on LA. If you are LA you cannot inter Texas unless you go into 14 day lock down.
    Florida done the same thing. Can't enter Florida if you're from LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Be safe! Be praying for you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Even the death numbers?

Or the not enough ICU bed numbers?
    Do you believe the Chinese death numbers? Most do not.
    Bed shortages depend on where. We don't currently have a shortage in MS.
    You tell me how numbers are remotely correct on mortality rate etc. when hospitals don't use the same criteria for testing, states do not, countries do not. The data is simply thrown together. It's not comparing the same data.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-30-2020 at 11:04 PM.

vCash
    I had someone send me a site tonight I hadn't seen before. I apologize if it's been linked here buried. Looks like a big shortage late April based on these projections.

http://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Do you believe the Chinese death numbers? Most do not.
    Bed shortages depend on where. We don't currently have a shortage in MS.
    You tell me how numbers are remotely correct on mortality rate etc. when hospitals don't use the same criteria for testing, states do not, countries do not. The data is simply thrown together. It's not comparing the same data.
    I only listen to the press conference the task force has everyday. When they start to use numbers then I will listen. They seldom give numbers I think because of what you just said. What is crazy you can go listen to the spin on the cable news network after the press conference and honestly say bull shit on what they are saying.

vCash
    MS update

New cases reported today: 90
    New deaths reported today: 4

- A 30-39 year old died
    - Lauderdale has gone from 0 to 35 cases in less than a week
    - Hinds with the most total cases again (90)

vCash
    MS update

New cases reported today: 90
    New deaths reported today: 4

- A 30-39 year old died
    - Lauderdale has gone from 0 to 35 cases in less than a week
    - Hinds with the most total cases again (90)
    You know how many people probably have COVID and don't know it? 95% of all current cases are considered mild cases.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    You know how many people probably have COVID and don't know it? 95% of all current cases are considered mild cases.
    A lot I'm sure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    95% of cases being mild does not mean 95% of people are unsure if it's cold of COVID.

South Korea did widespread testing and did nto show huge numbers of asymptomatic people are people who recovered from something they thought was just another cold.

vCash
    I know one thing I've found out during all this. There are a ton of experts in the field of epidemology and infectious disease all over the internet. They are literally all over the internet on facebook, instagram, twitter and any other social media forum you can find. Who knew the world had so many experts?*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    95% of cases being mild does not mean 95% of people are unsure if it's cold of COVID.

South Korea did widespread testing and did nto show huge numbers of asymptomatic people are people who recovered from something they thought was just another cold.
    No, but it means 95% of cases are manageable. Stay at home when you can, wash your hands, and practice good hygiene. People are going to get really sick..... people get really sick all the time..... COVID is just acting like the fire starter. The doom and gloom is there to make people listen..... to make sure they distance themselves. I'm trying to be the optimist here because we can sure as hell use it.