Page 70 of 274 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This is the problems with our country's response to this pandemic in a nutshell. TWO days ago the Tenn. gov signed an order restricting access to nursing homes. Two...days...ago. Smh.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were infected by a nursing home worker before the order.

vCash
    Spain has passed Italy in cases per million pop, and they're closing the gap in deaths per million pop.

Anyone have testing stats for these 2 countries?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    -Conversation in this thread on March 20th. Removed name as to not flame because at this point I think the point has been made to those not wanting to believe and shaming them further is just going to hurt the cause.

But it appears it was indeed a fact. The only thing possibly wrong is that it was too conservative of an estimate.
    No need to hide the name. I'll claim that and admit it is a fact now. At the time it was speculation like I was pointing out. I wouldn't expect that from you though.

What you've quoted is out of context. The reason for me asking "Is that a fact?" is because it was early on in this and no one knew and there was so much misinformation. This panned out to be true. And at the same time in my posts following that you conveniently leave out, I very clearly acknowledged it very well could take place and never denied it was a POSSIBILITY. There is a reason I chose the word fact. Nowhere did I say there is no way it happens like you try and paint this picture.

Again, you take quotes and think what I said was me not believing, and that this is not possible when I repeatedly said that there are too many unknowns at that point in time.

Quit with your moral high ground, "trying not to flame" lulz. That's exactly the entire reason for your post. You've been patiently waiting and anticipating the 100,000 mark so you could make this post. You're sick.

vCash
    Haven’t seen this mentioned but I’m wondering, what percent of the people with underlying conditions that contract the virus recover? Or what is the death rate for those with underlying issues?

Seems a majority that are dying have these issues but are the majority with these issues dying?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Haven’t seen this mentioned but I’m wondering, what percent of the people with underlying conditions that contract the virus recover? Or what is the death rate for those with underlying issues?

Seems a majority that are dying have these issues but are the majority with these issues dying?
    I'd be really interested to know the stats with respect to things like obesity and hypertension. If you use the BMI definition, we'd classify a lot of obese people as just fat. Be curious to know how people with that underlying condition fare as it will be very relevant to the United States in general and the south in particular. Same thing with hypertension. Lots of people have it and don't have any real effects from it, but it shows up as a pretty significant risk factor. But is that just because it tends to come with be obese or another risk factor? Or is it really that dangerous on its own?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    No need to hide the name. I'll claim that and admit it is a fact now. At the time it was speculation like I was pointing out. I wouldn't expect that from you though.

What you've quoted is out of context. The reason for me asking "Is that a fact?" is because it was early on in this and no one knew and there was so much misinformation. This panned out to be true. And at the same time in my posts following that you conveniently leave out, I very clearly acknowledged it very well could take place and never denied it was a POSSIBILITY. There is a reason I chose the word fact. Nowhere did I say there is no way it happens like you try and paint this picture.

Again, you take quotes and think what I said was me not believing, and that this is not possible when I repeatedly said that there are too many unknowns at that point in time.

Quit with your moral high ground, "trying not to flame" lulz. That's exactly the entire reason for your post. You've been patiently waiting and anticipating the 100,000 mark so you could make this post. You're sick.
    The only context needed is that numbers and statistics were clearly shown to you and a smarmy "oh mr. math guy are you so sure" comment was made. Point was for anyone still hating on the statisticians of the board telling you what's coming that you're likely to end up wrong.

I removed your name because you're already embarrassed enough. That's evident in your post. Point was more for people trust the data as the trends become clearer and we can see where we are headed. Our curve may be flattening. Today is a tell-tale sign of whether or not it's going to exponentially grow again to 1 million quickly.

Just because YOU don't understand the data or know how to interpret the countries actions correctly does not mean that there wasn't enough data to go off of. As I told you that day, the ONLY unknown was whether or not we could test that many. Today we're reaching a new unknown territory. I think we're going to see some levels of as we don't have the capability of testing enough people today that it will make our curve start to flatten. Once we have the quick testing enabled then we'll have a clearer picture of how high we're about to get.

It's not a moral high ground. Has nothing to do with morals at all. It's an explanation that just because you do not understand something does not make it not true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think America is about to significantly cut back on their reliance for their cheap half assed shit. Probably the rest of the world too.
    No doubt. This actually started a few years ago but it has been moving at a snail's pace, and I can see why, but it's about to ramp WAY up. If Mexico can get its shit together they will be the big winner in all of this.

vCash
    The writing has been on the wall for weeks now. 3 weeks ago people were telling me I was panicking for saying we could potentially have 100k+ deaths. People blamed it on media hysteria. People posted silly "triggered" memes and said I was scared.

I wasn't scared. I was paying attention

People like statedawg44 can't go around acting like there was "too much misinformation" or too many unknowns.

There really wasn't. This was predicted. If you were calling it an overreaction 2 weeks ago. That is your fault for not paying attention. That is your fault for not getting your news from a trustworthy site.

But please have the balls to own it. Dont make excuses now. And there are bunch of you

This was a matter of life and death. Still id. A bunch of people on here mocked those of us that were actually tuned in. It was disgusting and shameful
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 03-30-2020 at 09:28 AM.

vCash
    The only context needed is that numbers and statistics were clearly shown to you and a smarmy "oh mr. math guy are you so sure" comment was made. Point was for anyone still hating on the statisticians of the board telling you what's coming that you're likely to end up wrong.

I removed your name because you're already embarrassed enough. That's evident in your post. Point was more for people trust the data as the trends become clearer and we can see where we are headed. Our curve may be flattening. Today is a tell-tale sign of whether or not it's going to exponentially grow again to 1 million quickly.

Just because YOU don't understand the data or know how to interpret the countries actions correctly does not mean that there wasn't enough data to go off of. As I told you that day, the ONLY unknown was whether or not we could test that many. Today we're reaching a new unknown territory. I think we're going to see some levels of as we don't have the capability of testing enough people today that it will make our curve start to flatten. Once we have the quick testing enabled then we'll have a clearer picture of how high we're about to get.

It's not a moral high ground. Has nothing to do with morals at all. It's an explanation that just because you do not understand something does not make it not true.

I must've forgotten you are so superior when it comes to numbers. Please forgive me and I plead for more enlightenment from you oh mighty one. Thank you so much for taking it easy on me and showing me your mercy by not showing my name.**

Get over yourself. The numbers aren't hard to "understand" but 2 weeks ago ALL of those numbers were speculative. Some of those numbers posted two weeks ago did not come to fruition. Do you deny that? I still stand by what I said AT THAT TIME. Was I wrong? Yes. Am I dumb because of that or ashamed to admit it? Absolutely not. You really are in a sad place with all of this.

I'm sure you've been wrong in this thread also, but I don't feel the need or even remotely care in the least to waste my time searching and digging just to try to throw it up in your face or anyone else for that matter like you seem to enjoy doing. Only to act self-righteous and claim that is IN FACT, not what I was intending to do.

You think you have completed something or proven something but really, the joke is on you. The way I am behaving in life as things develop has not changed since it became a pandemic. You don't, IN FACT, know one single thing about my actions and how serious I am taking any of this. You definitely make assumptions and are plenty wrong on many aspects of everything I am personally doing and that is on you. Do you hear me claiming you are dumb and throwing insults? **** no because it does no good like you seem to think you are doing all of us. Again like I said, you are in a very sad place in all of this.

At this point, if I knew you personally (thankfully I don't) I wouldn't be concerned with what would happen if you contracted the virus (hopefully you don't). I'd be more concerned about the toll this thread is taking on you and how caught up in it you are. Acting like you are reaching the masses and quick to belittle and talk down to anyone with simple doubts. Right or wrong, it's natural for humans to doubt or believe. I do know I haven't once posted any false information in here so carry on. I know I've done nothing wrong.

Also, the bolded part is combining posts I made a week or so apart from each other. With so many new developments in that span of time you really are trying your best to make someone look dumb while claiming not to.
    Last edited by StateDawg44; 03-30-2020 at 09:47 AM.

vCash
    80% of ICU patients are overweight in Netherlands

https://translate.google.com/transla...ng-dieten.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    The writing has been on the wall for weeks now. 3 weeks ago people were telling me I was panicking for saying we could potentially have 100k+ deaths. People blamed it on media hysteria. People posted silly "triggered" memes and said I was scared.

I wasn't scared. I was paying attention

People like statedawg44 can't go around acting like there was "too much misinformation" or too many unknowns.

There really wasn't. This was predicted. If you were calling it an overreaction 2 weeks ago. That is your fault for not paying attention. That is your fault for not getting your news from a trustworthy site.

But please have the balls to own it. Dont make excuses now. And there are bunch of you

This was a matter of life and death. Still id. A bunch of people on here mocked those of us that were actually tuned in. It was disgusting and shameful
    So you mean own it like I did in the post above on this page? ETA: I'm sure you couldn't wait to read my entire post before you began your drivel.

Again, you won't find where I said any of this is an overreaction. I haven't once accused you of panicking. Yet you and Dan want to lump anyone who simply questioned something either of you said into one group and condemn them instead of trying to just explain in a calm collective manner. Y'all are pathetic.

I have paid full attention and practice all recommendations provided by the WHO and CDC and feel no remorse or guilt for any of my comments or actions in real life.

I'm happy for you two finally getting your ah-ha moments. Congrats. Is this what you are looking for to pet your egos?
    Last edited by StateDawg44; 03-30-2020 at 09:41 AM.

vCash
    So you mean own it like I did in the post above on this page?

Again, you won't find where I said any of this is an overreaction. I haven't once accused you of panicking. Yet you and Dan want to lump anyone who simply questioned something either of you said into one group and condemn them instead of trying to just explain in a calm collective manner. Y'all are pathetic.

I have paid full attention and practice all recommendations provided by the WHO and CDC and feel no remorse or guilt for any of my comments or actions in real life.

I'm happy for you two finally getting your ah-ha moments. Congrats. Is this what you are looking for to pet your egos?
    That dude would love nothing more than the USA to be wiped out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That dude would love nothing more than the USA to be wiped out.
    That would be sad because then he wouldn't have anyone to tell I told you so.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You're worried about people having heart attacks in a country that consumes how much fast food?

Worrying about the small percentage that may get an arrhythmia (not a heart attack) at the expense of thousands dying is illogical.
    You are missing the point. A person with a severe QTc interval prolonging induced by medication, WILL require an ICU bed. Guess what COVID 1( makes us short in supply of? ICU beds.

As bad as it is, only 5-8% of Covid19 patients need ICU beds, so handing out pills that induce a longer QTc interval, is not good practice, UNTIL THEY NEED TO.

vCash
    MS update

847 total cases, 89 new cases
    16 total deaths, 2 new deaths

- Second death age 40-49
    - 1 new hospitalized case < 18 years old

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Link for that data?
    Chloroquinine Prolongs QT interval https://www.who.int/malaria/mpac/mpa...t-session2.pdf which, in certain individuals creates a Ventricular Arrhythmia.

Azithromycin Prolongs QT interval https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4040726/ Azithromycin, cardiovascular risks, QTc interval prolongation, torsade de pointes, which, in certain individuals creates a Ventricular Arrhythmia.

Again, not saying this is not effective treatment, but widespread use will create more ICU needed care. The very thing we are currently limited.

Banned
    vCash
    I must've forgotten you are so superior when it comes to numbers. Please forgive me and I plead for more enlightenment from you oh mighty one. Thank you so much for taking it easy on me and showing me your mercy by not showing my name.**

Get over yourself. The numbers aren't hard to "understand" but 2 weeks ago ALL of those numbers were speculative. Some of those numbers posted two weeks ago did not come to fruition. Do you deny that? I still stand by what I said AT THAT TIME. Was I wrong? Yes. Am I dumb because of that or ashamed to admit it? Absolutely not. You really are in a sad place with all of this.

I'm sure you've been wrong in this thread also, but I don't feel the need or even remotely care in the least to waste my time searching and digging just to try to throw it up in your face or anyone else for that matter like you seem to enjoy doing. Only to act self-righteous and claim that is IN FACT, not what I was intending to do.

You think you have completed something or proven something but really, the joke is on you. The way I am behaving in life as things develop has not changed since it became a pandemic. You don't, IN FACT, know one single thing about my actions and how serious I am taking any of this. You definitely make assumptions and are plenty wrong on many aspects of everything I am personally doing and that is on you. Do you hear me claiming you are dumb and throwing insults? **** no because it does no good like you seem to think you are doing all of us. Again like I said, you are in a very sad place in all of this.

At this point, if I knew you personally (thankfully I don't) I wouldn't be concerned with what would happen if you contracted the virus (hopefully you don't). I'd be more concerned about the toll this thread is taking on you and how caught up in it you are. Acting like you are reaching the masses and quick to belittle and talk down to anyone with simple doubts. Right or wrong, it's natural for humans to doubt or believe. I do know I haven't once posted any false information in here so carry on. I know I've done nothing wrong.

Also, the bolded part is combining posts I made a week or so apart from each other. With so many new developments in that span of time you really are trying your best to make someone look dumb while claiming not to.
    You asked "Is that a fact?" and then tried to back it up saying you are doing your due diligence by questioning numbers.

You added 0 to the conversation and just set out to undermine someone who was giving good info. You participated in bad faith. You made an ass of yourself and have tried to recover ever since by flinging mud at others. Just stop. It's embarrassing. You're an embarrassment. I removed your name because I didn't want you to respond.

You can't empathize with other people so it breaks your brain that someone would post things like that to prevent stupidity from running rampant. Still have it in your head that this is about itoldyouso's. No, this is about people rejecting Facts, Science, and Data because it doesn't fit their narrative. I didn't want this virus to explode. I wanted it to stop. But that's considered panicking.

The only things I want are people to get their heads out of the sand on this now, and to be better prepared when this happens again. (Spelling out speculation to you since you need it.) Judging from China's numbers and long-time dishonest tactics, it would not surprise me to see that they are flatly lying about containment or engineered the virus themselves and have a vaccine already to suppress it that they aren't telling anyone about. This feels like a prelude to a biological warfare. (Again speculation.)

vCash
    No, this is about people rejecting Facts, Science, and Data because it doesn't fit their narrative. I didn't want this virus to explode. I wanted it to stop. But that's considered panicking.

The only things I want are people to get their heads out of the sand on this now, and to be better prepared when this happens again.
    Nailed it

vCash
    Here is a back of the envelope estimate of how badly we are undercounting cases.

https://www.baldingsworld.com/2020/0...ses-are-there/

Have just breezed through it and not dug into it yet, so not sure how reasonable it is.

vCash
    As of this morning:

World Cases __________________ US Cases
    741,030________________________143,532

Total Deaths ____________ ______ US Deaths
    35,114_________________________2,572

If my analysis is correct, this means the US has 19.37% of the total cases in the world and 7.32% of the total deaths.

Further analysis means that the World death rate is 5.45% (minus the US) and the US death rate is 1.79% (Percentage of deaths of cases tested positive)

None of this is good, but the US death rate is not what the death rate of the remainder of the world is (to date anyway). I know Italy has skewed those numbers but on the whole this is how it breaks down.
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 03-30-2020 at 10:44 AM.