Page 52 of 250 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Leftist bias?
    My bad. It will all be good by Easter, anyway so who cares?
    Trump said he "hopes" it's better by Easter. Do you not share that same hope?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    No arguments here. They just can't help themselves. A national emergency becomes an opportunity, in their eyes.
    Unfortunately this is true. Folks out here are pitching in and trying to help each other and get through this it's time for our politicians to do the same. I hear more and more stories everyday of people sacrificing and reaching out to do whatever they can to help others and it's time for our politicians to stop being Republicans and Democrats and start being human beings and Americans. Both sides have not handled this well. Put the partisan bs aside!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Unfortunately this is true. Folks out here are pitching in and trying to help each other and get through this it's time for our politicians to do the same. I hear more and more stories everyday of people sacrificing and reaching out to do whatever they can to help others and it's time for our politicians to stop being Republicans and Democrats and start being human beings and Americans. Both sides have not handled this well. Put the partisan bs aside!
    Well said

vCash
    Suggesting that people will be able to go back outside the day after we finally got people off the beaches is not what the country needed. Making statements like that will severely impact individuals decisions and they will all go out and be less cautious because he's downplaying the importance of social distancing in favor of business. As a result the virus will peak even worse than is already expected to and hospital supplies, that were already running out of, will be gone even faster now. We have to slow the rush to be able to manage this and anyone, President or otherwise, that does anything to contradict that goal right now is simply not a good American.

This isn't about left/right. It's about properly educating people about the steps they should be taking and offering consistent guidance. That's not being done and that is a colossal failure of leadership during the biggest domestic crisis potentially in the history of this nation.
    Last edited by Political Hack; 03-24-2020 at 07:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Suggesting that people will be able to go back outside the day after we finally got people off the beaches is not what the country needed. Making statements like that will severely impact individuals decisions and they will all go out and be less cautious because he's downplaying the importance of social distancing in favor of business. As a result the virus will peak even worse than is already expected to and hospital supplies, that were already running out of, will be gone even faster now. We have to slow the rush to be able to manage this and anyone, President or otherwise, that does anything to contradict that goal right now is simply not a good American.

This isn't about left/right. It's about properly educating people about the steps they should be taking and offering consistent guidance. That's not being done and that is a colossal failure of leadership during the biggest domestic crisis potentially in the history of this nation.
    Yeah. The ones who stayed on the beach 8 days ago were listening so now they will even more? Give me a break... some arent going to listen. It's obvious. States that have "lockdowns" have people not listening. The only way to "stop" this is a full lockdown. Nobody goes in or out. That's not possible. Italy is living proof. A lockdown isn't working there. I'm not arguing that social distancing won't or isn't helping, but it's not going to stop it. This is going to run its course wo meds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yeah. The ones who stayed on the beach 8 days ago were listening so now they will even more? Give me a break... some arent going to listen. It's obvious. States that have "lockdowns" have people not listening. The only way to "stop" this is a full lockdown. Nobody goes in or out. That's not possible. Italy is living proof. A lockdown isn't working there. I'm not arguing that social distancing won't or isn't helping, but it's not going to stop it. This is going to run its course wo meds.
    We have to flatten the curve to help the medical community. We are going to be well past capacity by mid April and hospital systems will begin to fail. That blow is coming. We have to soften it as much as possible. If people don't understand that and can't contribute to that, they're a poor American.

vCash
    I believe new infections are starting to fall in Italy in the last couple days, which would be right on queue from the start of the lockdowns (approx 12 days). We’ll have to keep our fingers crossed that this continues.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    The ONLY way to do a lockdown is to get both the police and National Guard involved.

Honestly, if I was President that's EXACTLY what I would have done.

Also if I was President Ole Miss would be burned to the ground and Hugh Freeze deported as a heretic.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The ONLY way to do a lockdown is to get both the police and National Guard involved.

Honestly, if I was President that's EXACTLY what I would have done.

Also if I was President Ole Miss would be burned to the ground and Hugh Freeze deported as a heretic.**

2020's Dark Horse Candidate has spoken***

vCash
    While I have been extremely critical of the leadership at the very top, the governors thankfully, have filled the void. Governors like Cuomo (D) and DeWine (R) as well as others, are doing outstanding jobs. Very impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    While I have been extremely critical of the leadership at the very top, the governors thankfully, have filled the void. Governors like Cuomo (D) and DeWine (R) as well as others, are doing outstanding jobs. Very impressive.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Nationalize Ole Miss and turn it into a surgical mask collective.
    This pandemic, I think we can all agree, sucks.

vCash
    Speaking of Ole Miss, I assume we all saw this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Speaking of Ole Miss, I assume we all saw this?

Wow, I did not see this. But this is the level of contemptible, dirty, filthy, slimy, detestable things I expect from OM. Ice Cold indeed!

vCash
    Switzerland is being hit harder in cases per million than Italy, but no where close to the death rate.

Cases per million:
    Switzerland 1175
    Italy 1143

Death rate (on reported numbers):
    Switzerland 0.013
    Italy 0.096

Crazy how differently some countries get hit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Switzerland is being hit harder in cases per million than Italy, but no where close to the death rate.

Cases per million:
    Switzerland 1175
    Italy 1143

Switzerland 0.013
    Italy 0.096

We should explore the healing properties of wearing Rolex's and eating chocolate.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Cases per million:
    Switzerland 1175
    Italy 1143

Switzerland 0.013
    Italy 0.096thing
    n
    Be interesting to see how much of that is demographics and how much is differences in how widespread testing is and how much of it is just Switzerland being full of Swiss people so that everything, including the hospitals, just function better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Be interesting to see how much of that is demographics and how much is differences in how widespread testing is and how much of it is just Switzerland being full of Swiss people so that everything, including the hospitals, just function better.
    This. I've no doubt that the Swiss medical staff and hospitals are about 400% better than what you have in Italy. I've got a friend living in Italy right now with the Air Force. She said that before all of this the Italian hospitals were a nightmare. She also said that up until about a week ago none of the locals were taking any of this seriously. There were still large groups of all ages out and about, socializing at pop-up parties, outside on the streets partying, etc. It is apparently infuriating the base leaders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    We should explore the healing properties of wearing Rolex's and eating chocolate.**
    Then I'm safe.

vCash
    Germans doing better than Switzerland in death rate, but they do have a lesser infection rate.

Germany 406 cases per million
    Death rate: .005