Page 51 of 274 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    How long before we take over the #1 spot in confirmed cases?

vCash
    Has anyone heard why Dr. Fauci is now less visible? For the love of God, I hope he is not sick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    How long before we take over the #1 spot in confirmed cases?
    Probably March 27th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I trust God.
    My grandparents used to tell me the story of the old man that lived by the levee. They grew up in St Bernard, so I guess everything dealt with hurricanes.

This story has been retold with different versions, but the point is the same.

An old man lived by the levee when a weather report came on WDSU advising that everyone in the Parish needed to evacuate. His family called him and told him that he could stay with them, his response "I put my trust in God, I do all things in his name and he will protect me"

A day later, the local police came to his home and advised that it was a mandatory evacuation and that he needed to leave. His response "I put my trust in God, I do all things in his name and he will protect me"

The day the hurricane hits he is now on his roof riding out the storm and the water is to his roofline when a coast guard boat comes by and they tell him to get in. His response "I put my trust in God, I do all things in his name and he will protect me"

The man dies.

He gets to heaven and the first thing he does is demand audience before God, asking why God let him die. God's response, "I sent you a weather report, a police officer and boat all intended to save you. What in the world are you doing here?"

Please don't be the old man by the levee.

vCash
    I love that parable, Hancock. So damn true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    My grandparents used to tell me the story of the old man that lived by the levee. They grew up in St Bernard, so I guess everything dealt with hurricanes.

This story has been retold with different versions, but the point is the same.

An old man lived by the levee when a weather report came on WDSU advising that everyone in the Parish needed to evacuate. His family called him and told him that he could stay with them, his response "I put my trust in God, I do all things in his name and he will protect me"

A day later, the local police came to his home and advised that it was a mandatory evacuation and that he needed to leave. His response "I put my trust in God, I do all things in his name and he will protect me"

The day the hurricane hits he is now on his roof riding out the storm and the water is to his roofline when a coast guard boat comes by and they tell him to get in. His response "I put my trust in God, I do all things in his name and he will protect me"

The man dies.

He gets to heaven and the first thing he does is demand audience before God, asking why God let him die. God's response, "I sent you a weather report, a police officer and boat all intended to save you. What in the world are you doing here?"

Please don't be the old man by the levee.
    I'm not. He said "trust science, above all else."

I don't trust science above all else. Doesn't mean I don't trust it at all.

vCash
    I'm not. He said "trust science, above all else."

I don't trust science above all else. Doesn't mean I don't trust it at all.
    Ok, we get it. No need to be so semantic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Ok, we get it. No need to be so semantic.
    Not semantic at all. Sorry it bothers you.

The dude wrote a short story because I said I trusted in God. I was just explaining that he was mistaken in thinking that I disregard science or something.
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 03-23-2020 at 10:04 PM.

vCash
    Not semantic at all. Sorry it bothers you.

The dude wrote a short story because I said I trusted in God. I was just explaining that he was mistaken in thinking that I disregard science or something.
    Stop it, lol. I'm not bothered, in the slightest, but you also replied similarly to another poster who said "listen to medical experts". No one is telling you to abandon your faith, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Stop it, lol. I'm not bothered, in the slightest, but you also replied similarly to another poster who said "listen to medical experts". No one is telling you to abandon your faith, lol.
    You obviously are. Didn't think anyone was.

Banned
    vCash
    Lighthearted note: this board went 1000 comments on a thread in a row without a Shotgun comment. he was the first reply to this thread and that's it.

(Just ribbing ya Shotgun. Thought it was a funny anecdote to see a crazy talkative thread w/o you here.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Lighthearted note: this board went 1000 comments on a thread in a row without a Shotgun comment. he was the first reply to this thread and that's it.

(Just ribbing ya Shotgun. Thought it was a funny anecdote to see a crazy talkative thread w/o you here.)
    LOL I didn't even notice

vCash
    11,121 newly reported cases and 139 deaths in the US (officially)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Every credible report I've read and every physician I have spoken with thinks the next 10 days will be pretty brutal. They hope people keep staying home, because they are hoping it crests in 10 days.

vCash
    46,168 total cases. NY has 23,230. No other state has even 3000. Only 3 other states have over 2000.

vCash
    46,168 total cases. NY has 23,230. No other state has even 3000. Only 3 other states have over 2000.
    You can pretty much count New Jersey's almost 3000 in with NY too. That's our Wuhan, Lombardia, Madrid currently.

vCash
    You can pretty much count New Jersey's almost 3000 in with NY too. That's our Wuhan, Lombardia, Madrid currently.

Have the cases been mapped down to sections of NYC? Gotta figure little CHINA/little ITALY spot is a hotbed

vCash
    Have the cases been mapped down to sections of NYC? Gotta figure little CHINA/little ITALY spot is a hotbed
    I haven't seen a map, but I saw this:

- Brooklyn: 3,742 cases
    - Queens: 3,848 cases
    - Manhattan: 2,646 cases
    - The Bronx: 1,999 cases
    - Staten Island: 877 cases

Seems to be pretty evenly distributed based on population

vCash
    I know you can't fix stupid -

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...tical-11460391

People are dumb - and they prove it daily. They also take the word of our leaders as gospel, so every bit of info that comes out has to have the lowest common denominator in mind and has to be on point at times like this (and that is not Trump specific).
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I haven't seen a map, but I saw this:

- Brooklyn: 3,742 cases
    - Queens: 3,848 cases
    - Manhattan: 2,646 cases
    - The Bronx: 1,999 cases
    - Staten Island: 877 cases

Seems to be pretty evenly distributed based on population
    Thanks