Page 5 of 274 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Why would there be a run on the banks nothing is going to be open to spend it on.
    Gonna need something to wipe with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I'm speaking from over 3 decades worth. Of healthcare experience. I agree, as long as the do not cut the clinicals short in anyway. If it means they have to go to school longer then that's the way it will have to be.
    You always bring this up but have denied being a doctor and a sales rep. Go ahead and let us know what part of the medical field you're in so we know whether to take you serious or not. What do you do and are you currently doing it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Hope you didn't buy into his stats he laid out. Dude left out a lot of info ,which should have been included, to paint an honest picture instead of the scare tactic he chose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Unfortunately you have politicians hoping for that.
    Come on Jack... This isn't like war. Where they can just send somebody else's kid to a far off land. This shit is on the home front. It's gonna effect someone close everyone. No matter wealth, status, political party or race.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawgbite again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    You will be surprised how many more surgeries will be done by dr's who only interact with computers or the surgeries are done by robots... in the not so distant future.
    Robot removed my prostate. That robot was guided though by a human, like he was playing Xbox. Medical advancements are awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Robot removed my prostate. That robot was guided though by a human, like he was playing Xbox. Medical advancements are awesome.
    The robot is great as long as the surgeon driving it is competent. I unfortunately have to keep patients asleep for 6 hours for a case that could be finished in 2, either laparoscopically or open.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Borrow some shirts from an Ole Miss buddy.

vCash
    Will not be a run.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Your on!
    Just so you know... that's only an average of 300 cases a day. The fact that we're starting to take testing seriously now and the CDC committed to waiving fees for it means the numbers of people actually getting tested for it is about to skyrocket.

I believe there's already 30,000 people carrying / infected in the states already. It takes so long for symptoms to show up and there is such a lack of testing availability that it's not reported correctly.

vCash
    Why would that happen? This one is unique, and it doesn't involve that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    so important that he spends time on a message board ???-

guessing this guy doesn?t waste his on the gopher message boards:: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Osterholm
    Ok, you side with the PHD that never has to get into the trenches and treat actual sick people. I side with a well respected clinician who does that every single day. What really SUCKS is that we are actually having this argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    The robot is great as long as the surgeon driving it is competent. I unfortunately have to keep patients asleep for 6 hours for a case that could be finished in 2, either laparoscopically or open.
    Yep, the robots are amazing.....but they are still operating on a human being. Gross anatomy, even in an allied health field that I'm in, will humble you. If it didn't, I don't want you treating me for a hangnail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    Exactly what I'm talking abut. The robot, is still treating a human being, no matter who is controlling it. Surgery is an art as much as it is a science. Clinicals are absolutely critical. If we are going into a crisis to cut medical (or any other healthcare field) we need to cut it academically, not clinically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    So to be clear, when Fauci says "it's going to get worse before it gets better", your message board friend disagrees with that?
    Absolutely he does not Nor do I. You are trying to inject politics into this. He doesn't play that game and on this I don't either. Anyone who does is the absolute lowest form of life, that obviously includes you. You disgust me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Your on!
    *You're.

vCash
    Absolutely he does not Nor do I. You are trying to inject politics into this. He doesn't play that game and on this I don't either. Anyone who does is the absolute lowest form of life, that obviously includes you. You disgust me.
    Asking if your message board friend disagrees with the gov's leading infectious disease physician and point man on the Coronavirus response team is making it political? How tf so? Jesus...

You're the one acting like a sanctimonious douche, btw.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Asking if your message board friend disagrees with the gov's leading infectious disease physician and point man on the Coronavirus response team is making it political?
    In any thread about anything pertaining to anything in the realm of medicine or healthcare he presents himself as an expert. He lashes out against simple questions instead of reasonably answering. I asked him if he’s a doctor or medical sales rep in an old thread on the poli board and he said no. I’m really curious to what he does that makes him the supreme authority on anything even remotely related to medicine. My first guess is he’s retired at whatever he used to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Just so you know... that's only an average of 300 cases a day. The fact that we're starting to take testing seriously now and the CDC committed to waiving fees for it means the numbers of people actually getting tested for it is about to skyrocket.

I believe there's already 30,000 people carrying / infected in the states already. It takes so long for symptoms to show up and there is such a lack of testing availability that it's not reported correctly.
    Nope.....and over 60% of cases in the US are confined to 4 urban areas. It is taking countries only 4-5 weeks to contain this illness once significant numbers are affected. There are a lot of factors in play including activity levels, population density, weather and how proactive the community is in prevention. My math still puts us in the 20-25K total cases by summer.