Page 45 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Not sure where your getting that info. According to this those countries are down
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    What? What "countries"? I'm only talking about Spain. This was Spain's official numbers.

Down from what? The official numbers were 3,272 new cases and 391 deaths yesterday. Certainly not down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    What? What "countries"? I'm only talking about Spain. This was Spain's official numbers.

Down from what? The official numbers were 3,272 new cases and 391 deaths yesterday. Certainly not down.
    If you looked at the link I sent (assumption I know) you can see that Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Switzerland & England, the six European countries with the largest viral outbreaks, all had declining total new daily cases and/or deaths in the past 24 hours.

By all means continue your agenda
    You know what "pandemic" is short for??
    Pan- panic. Demic- epidemic

All I'm saying is the info your posting isn't really matching up with what's actually happening

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Well, for starters he never said IT was a hoax. He said the democrats using it against him was going to be their next big hoax like Russia and Ukraine.
    Where do you get the 2 full months thing? As of January 14th, the head of the World Health Organization stated there was no evidence of human to human transmission. We banned travel from China 2 weeks later at which time he was called a racist and xenophobic. Actually, on the 15th, we started warning Americans in China. So, obviously action taken and acknowledging the problem immediately after the W.H.O. stated there wasnt one.

Also, where do you get that poor people aren't going to get a check based on their 2018 tax return? Do you ever read articles or do you just look at the pictures? EVERY adult will get a check based on their 2018 tax return.. The less you made, the more likely you are to get the FULL amount. The initial plan I saw was for the full amount for anything under $55k with a gradual decrease until anyone over $99k didn't get anything. I'm not saying it was going to be those exact numbers but that's how it was structured. I say was because Schumer and his cronies killed it tonight.
    He called it a hoax. That's the message he sent to the American people. You can argue semantics about what he was calling a hoax, but (as we have proven in this thread) the average american is not that smart. The message was sent that this was a liberal hoax to not take that serious. To quote Donny Boy, he was "WRONG."

I didn't say poor people weren't getting a check. I said the problem was that they would get LESS. I capitalized it in this post in hope you read it this time.

And again, why based on 2018? That doesn't solve the issue. There are so many people that misses. Imagine being someone who was in prison and paid their debt to society in 2018 or before. Then didn't get a job till 2019. Now their out a job and the government would have screwed them over.

And they didn't kill it from what I read. They forced tabling it until the afternoon. Seems there is specifics that don't sit right with them. They want the bill to be better for Americans. But no, the Democrats don't want you to get a check ��. They don't believe in UBI ��.

vCash
    Those of you who continue to openly defend our tardy response to this are the real problem. The President continues his attempts to minimize and deflect because his base of followers (my estimate is 35%of the electorate.) will not accept reality. Rather than face the reality of a true medical crisis, some of you pop up when he speaks, become orgasmic at the sound of his voice, then bury your heads back in the sand when someone presents facts.
    We F??D up and allowed ourselves to be blind sided by this crisis. Six to eight weeks ago, we had an opportunity to be proactive, but because of poor leadership, that opportunity was squandered. Those of you (fewer by the day, thankfully. ) who continue to prop up and enable the President are damn killing people. We need leadership just like we would have gotten from any previous President in recent memory, Democrat or Republican. Today, rather than leadership, we get buffoonery and some of you act as if that is perfectly okay.

vCash
    If you looked at the link I sent (assumption I know) you can see that Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Switzerland & England, the six European countries with the largest viral outbreaks, all had declining total new daily cases and/or deaths in the past 24 hours.

All I'm saying is the info your posting isn't really matching up with what's actually happening
    Those charts are not updated with the latest data. Check the date on the last bar. Look at the numbers.

And "pan-" means "all"

I mean, scroll to the bottom of the page here:

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/spain/

March 23 (GMT)
    4321 new cases and 434 new deaths in Spain
    Last edited by hacker; 03-23-2020 at 08:42 AM.

Banned
    vCash

He literally stated numbers from Spain. Not anywhere else. Spain and Italy are the two worst cases right now and their outbreaks are comparable to what we will likely see.

But yea man, the guy posting strictly numbers with no agenda has an agenda. Imagine. Pretty sure hacker just keeps reporting neutrally. Crazy how one side thinks it's panic posting. Almost like the side not based in reality believes facts have an agenda??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    He called it a hoax. That's the message he sent to the American people. You can argue semantics about what he was calling a hoax, but (as we have proven in this thread) the average american is not that smart. The message was sent that this was a liberal hoax to not take that serious. To quote Donny Boy, he was "WRONG."

I didn't say poor people weren't getting a check. I said the problem was that they would get LESS. I capitalized it in this post in hope you read it this time.

And again, why based on 2018? That doesn't solve the issue. There are so many people that misses. Imagine being someone who was in prison and paid their debt to society in 2018 or before. Then didn't get a job till 2019. Now their out a job and the government would have screwed them over.

And they didn't kill it from what I read. They forced tabling it until the afternoon. Seems there is specifics that don't sit right with them. They want the bill to be better for Americans. But no, the Democrats don't want you to get a check ��. They don't believe in UBI ��.
    Here's the snopes on trump calling it a hoax
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...-rally-remark/

vCash
    He literally stated numbers from Spain. Not anywhere else. Spain and Italy are the two worst cases right now and their outbreaks are comparable to what we will likely see.

But yea man, the guy posting strictly numbers with no agenda has an agenda. Imagine. Pretty sure hacker just keeps reporting neutrally. Crazy how one side thinks it's panic posting. Almost like the side not based in reality believes facts have an agenda??
    Just to add to this, I have no political allegiance. I don't vote. I'm an engineer and interested in stats and numbers. I am quite concerned for what could happen here based on the numbers. I do post good numbers and trends when I see them, but there hasn't been a whole lot of that to post yet.

vCash

My last post on this subject. Namely cause some of y'all are so left wing it's unbearable

I will not let fear dictate how I live my life. I will be cautious and observant but not fearful. I have lost a parent, I have a parent with underlying health issues and I have lost grandparents so I am not immune to loss of loved ones or concern for loved ones.
    I also understand that we are in a far better place from healthcare, leadership, and hygiene than China, Italy and other countries. I also know that more people that are tested that more people will test positive and a large majority of them will be fine and some will not
    I lift those up and those family's up in thoughts that won't be ok. But as a relatively healthy 42 year old in MS I won't allow myself be consumed by something that has a less mortality rate than auto accidents, seasonal flue, cancer, or other epidemics in this world. If we all reacted this way to other diseases we face everyday how would this world even function

Feel free to bash me I don't care. I just refuse to live in fear

vCash
    Just to add to this, I have no political allegiance. I don't vote. I'm an engineer and interested in stats and numbers. I am quite concerned for what could happen here based on the numbers. I do post good numbers and trends when I see them, but there hasn't been a whole lot of that to post yet.
    As I wrote in a previous post, the problem with posting all the official numbers is that the official numbers of total cases do not account for all of the people who do not meet the criteria to even be tested. The total number of reported cases is skewed - to small - which makes the death rate seem larger than it actually is.

I am not saying that we should not take precautions but the death rate is not as high as they make it out to be - percentage of TOTAL cases that is.

vCash
    So anyone who who sees this situation for what it is, a national health crisis, is ?left wing?? That comment sir, validated my premise 100%. Good God.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    As I wrote in a previous post, the problem with posting all the official numbers is that the official numbers of total cases do not account for all of the people who do not meet the criteria to even be tested. The total number of reported cases is skewed - to small - which makes the death rate seem larger than it actually is.

I am not saying that we should not take precautions but the death rate is not as high as they make it out to be - percentage of TOTAL cases that is.
    I agree that the death rate is probably actually quite lower than their numbers show, especially considering asymptomatic cases. But what is worrisome is the numbers continue to grow. Regardless of if it's a 1% or a 9% death rate in Italy, the fact of the matter is that based on the numbers they gave us a week ago and the numbers we got yesterday, the death rate continues to grow. Last week when I first posted Italy's numbers, they had a 6.9% death rate. Now they're up to 9.3%. Italy has had around 40% more total deaths over the past two days than on an average day a year ago.

This ain't the flu.

vCash
    I agree that the death rate is probably actually quite lower than their numbers show, especially considering asymptomatic cases. But what is worrisome is the numbers continue to grow. Regardless of if it's a 1% or a 9% death rate in Italy, the fact of the matter is that based on the numbers they gave us a week ago and the numbers we got yesterday, the death rate continues to grow. Last week when I first posted Italy's numbers, they had a 6.9% death rate. Now they're up to 9.3%. Italy has had around 40% more total deaths over the past two days than on an average day a year ago.

This ain't the flu.
    Saw this on Italy death rate...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...-high-n2565445

Who knows how valid it is

vCash
    Here are some good numbers for y'all

MS up to 249 cases, only 42 cases reported yesterday. Down from 60 and 67 the previous two days.

vCash

MS up to 249 cases, only 42 cases reported yesterday. Down from 60 and 67 the previous two days.
    Wish each report like this gave tests administered also

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Interesting. But considering they've had to call in the army trucks for the bodies, there's still anecdotal evidence of a huge surge in deaths.

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOrDFNVNyMI

That video put it in perspective for me a while back
    Last edited by hacker; 03-23-2020 at 09:21 AM.

vCash

Dude ... if you buy into that your "critical thinking" skills are severely limited *****

vCash
    Wish each report like this gave tests administered also
    They actually update that number later in the day and it's not fully accurate because they only count the tests administered by MSDH. There are tests being administered by private facilities that aren't getting counted in the total.

vCash
    Interesting. But considering they've had to call in the army trucks for the bodies, there's still anecdotal evidence of a huge surge in deaths.

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOrDFNVNyMI
    Deaths are certainly up, but it could be in combination with the flu. They reported 488,000 new cases of flu in mid-January.

https://ilglobo.com/news/italy-repor...-a-week-46676/

vCash

Interesting.

I do think the term “new cases” is misleading. These cases aren’t new they’re just instances where someone got a positive test. They could have had it for over a week.