Page 41 of 250 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

vCash
    9,373 new cases and 118 deaths in the past 24 hours in the US

Yesterday: 4,825 new cases and 46 deaths

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

That's making me nervous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    That's making me nervous.
    Me too. I reached out to MD Anderson today. As you all know, I'm a prostate cancer survivor. I've had 3 blood tests since my surgery and my PSA 0.0! That's great but I'm a couple weeks past due on my next blood test. I had to reschedule for April 6th in Hattiesburg. The last thing I want to do is sit in a doctors office that's in the hospital, then go to the lab where so many people go each day and have my blood drawn! MD Anderson told me "I'd be fine. I'm not a risk." I'm not too sure I'll be getting that test. I'll be nervous about the cancer but damn!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Me too. I reached out to MD Anderson today. As you all know, I'm a prostate cancer survivor. I've had 3 blood tests since my surgery and my PSA 0.0! That's great but I'm a couple weeks past due on my next blood test. I had to reschedule for April 6th in Hattiesburg. The last thing I want to do is sit in a doctors office that's in the hospital, then go to the lab where so many people go each day and have my blood drawn! MD Anderson told me "I'd be fine. I'm not a risk." I'm not too sure I'll be getting that test. I'll be nervous about the cancer but damn!!!
    Be careful brother. Wear a face mask and nitrile/latex gloves if it makes you feel better and take hand cleanser with you. Who cares if people look at you sideways. Be careful.

vCash

My God.

vCash

Where are you getting this info. Because we've had over 5k new cases each day since Friday. And increasing. Just curious.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Jeez...a lot in this thread is going to age terribly, sadly.
    Yep. Look at all the people who called that medium article a "good read." I was really really disappointed to see that. A lot of lack of critical thinking going on this board. Thankfully I know most Mississippians know to store food not toilet papers when they have to shack up for a week or two so they should know how to handle this incoming lockdown. But I'm really disappointed to see people constantly trying to undersell this. My grandparents finally listened to me. Didn't go to church today but watched online. Told them I'd watch with them.

For those with loved ones in the at-risk category, please encourage them to stay home. Get their groceries / food for them. Offer to do things like church with them remotely. Church is the big struggle right now and I know how difficult it can be to get them to give that up. Offer to do bible study and watch remotely with them. No way God looks down on them for staying at home.

vCash
    Tomorrow will be very important to see if Italy's numbers trend in the right direction again. Could give us a guess on how long till it peaks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Tomorrow will be very important to see if Italy's numbers trend in the right direction again. Could give us a guess on how long till it peaks.
    Thing is Italy actually started sheltering. We're still going on spring break and licking toilets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Where are you getting this info. Because we've had over 5k new cases each day since Friday. And increasing. Just curious.
    Saw today's total on twitter and verified on worldometer.

I looked back at yesterday's total on worldometer.

I think the numbers may be slightly different depending on the source because worldometer uses GMT timezone for daily totals. Therefore, it cuts off around 7 or 8pm in the US. Not sure what time zone other places are using. That's why I try to say "in the past 24 hours"
    Last edited by hacker; 03-22-2020 at 09:32 PM.

vCash
    Saw today's total on twitter and verified on worldometer.

I looked back at yesterday's total on worldometer.

I think the numbers may be slightly different depending on the source because worldometer uses GMT timezone for daily totals. Therefore, it cuts off around 7 or 8pm in the US. Not sure what time zone other places are using. That's why I try to say "in the past 24 hours"
    Yeah it's calculated by GMT and it makes the numbers funky sometimes. I've also noticed the bar graphs run about 12 hours behind and won't show the previous days numbers until late.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Be careful brother. Wear a face mask and nitrile/latex gloves if it makes you feel better and take hand cleanser with you. Who cares if people look at you sideways. Be careful.
    I have a feeling that stigma is going to be gone by April 6th

vCash
    Just a question, are the test accurate and if so why is there a 90% negative on current tests?

vCash
    I expect the numbers to skyrocket this week with the number of tests they are putting out there. I know 10 new testing stations are opening is MS. I think an additional 2.5 million tests are being pushed out over this week.

vCash
    I've seen a lot of people on this board go political in some form or fashion. For the ones doing that what would you have asked our government to do differently? I'm not saying pick a side just what the heck was supposed to had been done.

It's my understanding they closed off travel to and from China early. Literally every other country is having problems with this. Why is it that our country gets blasted by its own people for not getting it right when nobody else has either?

Our testing procedure was obviously way too slow at first. That's being sped up more and more each day. People are freaking out every day that the numbers are grown. It's pretty simple to know that as testing becomes more available the numbers will go up more quickly. Also, only 10% of people taking the test are testing positive and 90% are negative.

Our private sector is getting involved here and I just don't feel like I've ever seen anything like this happen before. Private lab companies making tests, GM and Ford making ventilators, Hanes and 3M making masks. Who would've ever thought we were gonna need that from those companies? Heck I'll add the possibility of cruise lines, hotels, and schools being used as temporary hospitals....

Correct me if I wrong but it doesn't sound like there was much communication from China at all. It also sounds like China did a lot of things to make this seem like it wasn't so bad.

We all saw the stuff when it started there but they have 4 times the population there so it would be logical to think it could spread fast in an area so dense. Comparing our country to others is kind of like comparing apples to oranges.

I'm just trying to figure that out since some of y'all appear to be so smart....
    Last edited by Maverick; 03-23-2020 at 11:57 PM.

vCash
    Y?all are all idiots. Chill tf out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I've seen a lot of people on this board go political in some form or fashion. For the ones doing that what would you have asked our government to do differently?

Trump played down the severity in the beginning. Making it seem a lot less severe than it was. And it wasn't a big secret. The world knew this was severe. When we had our first cases he said it was going to be fine......south Korea had theirs at the same time and knew it was trouble and had been preparing. Media places like the BBC, PBS, NPR, ect were full of warnings from leading experts all over the world.

And so you have the president give the impression that we were going to be ok and it wasn't a big deal.....way after the fact that it was clear to those paying attention that it was.

So that is a big reason why we had so many people in this country running around saying it was "the media's fault" and it was "overblown"

Americans have not taken this seriously enough. They didn't act fast enough. We still are not doing a good job social distancing. And the attitude of the president plays a big role in that.

There are other issues that I think we end up reflecting poorly on him from a policy and behind the scenes standpoint, but in fairness I don't think we have all the info on those and it would just least to a political back and forth since that still an ongoing issue. We need to keep politics out as best we can

But since you asked, and since we have all seen what he has said publicly I think it's pretty clear he played it down in the beginning
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 03-23-2020 at 12:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    Trump played down the severity in the beginning. Making it seem a lot less severe than it was. And it wasn't a big secret. The world knew this was severe. When we had our first cases he said it was going to be fine......south Korea had theirs at the same time and knew it was trouble and had been preparing. Media places like the BBC, PBS, NPR, ect were full of warnings from leading experts all over the world.

And so you have the president give the impression that we were going to be ok and it wasn't a big deal.....way after the fact that it was clear to those paying attention that it was.

So that is a big reason why we had so many people in this country running around saying it was "the media's fault" and it was "overblown"

Americans have not taken this seriously enough. They didn't act fast enough. We still are not doing a good job social distancing. And the attitude of the president plays a big role in that.

There are other issues that I think we end up reflecting poorly on him from a policy and behind the scenes standpoint, but in fairness I don't think we have all the info on those and it would just least to a political back and forth since that still an ongoing issue. We need to keep politics out as best we can

But since you asked, and since we have all seen what he has said publicly I think it's pretty clear he played it down in the beginning
    Dude you need to stfu. You are going crazy

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Dude you need to stfu. You are going crazy
    12+8=18

See I can do ad hominem attacks too. If you're not going to contribute anything other than that to the thread why even join.