Page 3 of 274 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    pretty much a 1/3 of the US population is going to get it. probably around 3% are going to die. brutal.
    Complete bullshit....when it?s all said and done cases in the US won?t exceed 30,000....summer is close at hand

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Ya'll some tin foil hat wearing SOBs up in here.
    who ever knew that all these coaches up in here were also doctors ?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Now don't get me wrong, lots of Americans will get sick and die. This is certainly serious, but I just don't see how this gets in the millions of deaths for Americans... there's hasn't even been 5,000 deaths worldwide yet

vCash
    Go read Chemosabe's posts on the Wayne and Hobbes Auburn message board. Everybody needs to calm down and quit panicking over this. Every person in the medical field I know is stating that this is getting tremendously overblown.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    Been fighting bronchitis for a month now. Don't want that shit near me until I'm over this crap fully.
    What if you have it now?
    No Signature

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Waves View Post
    Go read Chemosabe's posts on the Wayne and Hobbes Auburn message board. Everybody needs to calm down and quit panicking over this. Every person in the medical field I know is stating that this is getting tremendously overblown.
    This guy disagrees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Waves View Post
    That is strange. My daughter fell and split her head this weekend so we had an ER visit. the ER doc said they had had several meetings about the virus and that is was a pretty serious thing. He said it's nothing to panic over but that it is definitely a serious issue and to just be aware of it/cautious.

Playing it down like it is nothing is just as bad as starting the fear mongering that we have seen. Everyone just needs to take it seriously but not freak out. The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    That is strange. My daughter fell and split her head this weekend so we had an ER visit. the ER doc said they had had several meetings about the virus and that is was a pretty serious thing. He said it's nothing to panic over but that it is definitely a serious issue and to just be aware of it/cautious.

Playing it down like it is nothing is just as bad as starting the fear mongering that we have seen. Everyone just needs to take it seriously but not freak out. The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.
    Good post. There's such a fine line between absolute hysteria and not doing anything. People are going a little to far on both sides of this issue. Just like Dr. Ben Carson said on Sunday. Treat this seriously but don't stop living your life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Good post. There's such a fine line between absolute hysteria and not doing anything. People are going a little to far on both sides of this issue. Just like Dr. Ben Carson said on Sunday. Treat this seriously but don't stop living your life.
    This.

vCash
    Been to doc twice and no fever just normal bronchitis crap. Just don't want to have this and come in contact with the other on top of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    And if you recover your lungs might be badly damaged
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...fying-21672219
    Sooba, that is an article from the Mirror. Come on man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    Yes I still expect medical professional to properly trained even though they had to take online classes instead of classroom classes for a few weeks when they were students.

Because the truth is, if this keeps a student from becoming properly trained......well it's not the online classes fault. That student needs to find a new career
    That is a totally bogus statement. You can NOT learn any medically related field from a book or online. You just cant. It takes clinical experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I know who Chemosabe is. What he says is probably spot on. He is a physician that has intense professional AND personal reasons for staying on top of this. I have probably already read what he said but I'm going to go look at that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    There's a difference between taking it seriously and panicking.
    Best post of the thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I know local schools are happy spring break is here so they don't have to close classes. They're taking a wait and see approach to where this goes and will make decisions about whether to reopen after spring break.
    Yeah, and my Facebook is full of people on cruise ships, in Florida, and New York. About two weeks after Spring Break it will explode here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    That is a totally bogus statement. You can NOT learn any medically related field from a book or online. You just cant. It takes clinical experience.
    Ah so ignorant as always. You don't think people can't learn thru computer simulations?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Ah so ignorant as always. You don't think people can't learn thru computer simulations?
    Not in the medical field. You can learn the basics and the theory. You can't learn the art. All those interesting organs and nasty diseases are attached to human beings with personalities and individual physiologies. In a simulation you are presented with x and if you do y you get z. It doesn't work that way with real live humans. Health science IS a science, but practicing any health related field is also an art. I would not let a simulation only trained practitioner touch me, ever. You are the one showing ignorance here man. Sorry.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Complete bullshit....when it?s all said and done cases in the US won?t exceed 30,000....summer is close at hand
    I'd bet you all your VCash that the US has 30,000 confirmed cases by the start of Summer. We didn't do enough to contain it initially and it will slowly spread out. Bad take.

vCash
    Not in the medical field. You can learn the basics and the theory. You can't learn the art. All those interesting organs and nasty diseases are attached to human beings with personalities and individual physiologies. In a simulation you are presented with x and if you do y you get z. It doesn't work that way with real live humans. Health science IS a science, but practicing any health related field is also an art. I would not let a simulation only trained practitioner touch me, ever. You are the one showing ignorance here man. Sorry.
    You will be surprised how many more surgeries will be done by dr's who only interact with computers or the surgeries are done by robots... in the not so distant future.

vCash
    I know who Chemosabe is. What he says is probably spot on. He is a physician that has intense professional AND personal reasons for staying on top of this. I have probably already read what he said but I'm going to go look at that.
    You think a few weeks of interruption will keep a person from becoming properly trained?

Wow and lol