Page 266 of 274 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,320 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HRTFXR View Post
    You are unfortunately mistaken. I share similar characteristics to you, but am younger. I am writing this post from a hospital bed.
    All the research I have done says exercise help fights off the virus. Sorry that you are sick. My brother got put into ICU for five days from the virus no ventilator. . He is 150 pounds overweight, had prostate cancer that spread to his back bone. He is home doing well. He should not have survived but he did. I am still an believer in eating healthy and exercise to fight off the virus. Don't know your religious beliefs but I will say a prayer for you. I personally believe that is what saved my brother. Also by the way there is a doctor in the hospital in Starkville that has a lot of success with the treatment of the virus. That is why my brother went there. It paid off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Yes, regardless of what you hear in main stream media there are tons of doctors still using the hydroxychloroquine as part of treatment.
    If Trump had not come out in favor of it, the drug would have probably been more positivity advertised.

vCash
    There's an article on USA Today about a family that lost a father and a son to Covid on the same day. For any of the people on this thread that had this virus and survived it, it'll make you appreciate how lucky you were.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    On July 25th, the US 7-day avg of cases was 69,330, which was the peak. Yesterday, the 7-day avg of cases was 43,487, down 37.3%.

vCash
    Best friends dad got it 11 days ago. On day 8 he was struggling. Started the hydroxy. Doing better now. May be a coincidence. Just reporting what happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    And that's how my parent neighbor died.

He got it from his granddaughter. She is in elementary school and she was the only other one in the family with a positive test when he showed symptoms.

He died 3 weeks later.

I'm sure she is too young to know she killed him. College students are smarter than that...
    Come on drama queen! The little girl didn?t kill her papaw. Yes, the virus is deadly. The virus killed him, she unknowingly was the vector. Geez. And you cannot prove without a shadow of a doubt that papaw got it from her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by softballfanatic1 View Post
    Come on drama queen! The little girl didn?t kill her papaw. Yes, the virus is deadly. The virus killed him, she unknowingly was the vector. Geez. And you cannot prove without a shadow of a doubt that papaw got it from her.
    Yes. That was way over the top and completely crass and uncalled for. To say that child "killed" her grandfather is as insensitive and complete bullshit statement as I have seen on this thread. And there have been plenty of those statements but this was off the charts stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Yes. That was way over the top and completely crass and uncalled for. To say that child "killed" her grandfather is as insensitive and complete bullshit statement as I have seen on this thread. And there have been plenty of those statements but this was off the charts stupid.

Amen!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    If the Elementary school children were not in school they would probably be in daycare in most cases which is the same thing. Parents have to work. You can’t just shut down schools. It makes no sense considering they will be around large groups at daycare anyway in most cases.
    Last edited by Jarius; 08-23-2020 at 10:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Just got an email from my family doctor. It was quite extensive, but the bottom line is that he's done extensive research into the usefullness of hyroxychloroquine with zinc, and also something called Quercitin and zinc. He recommends taking those drugs, in safe amounts, as a Covid preventive (along with regular measures like wearing a mask, washing hands, and using gloves when appropriate). It might be worth looking into.
    He's taking a chance and shooting from the hip to a degree. It doesn't make it "wrong" that he recommends that. Medicine is constantly evolving and sometimes doctors have to take educated chances in the face of uncertainty. People just need to understand that the type of evidence that has established the treatment guidelines for just about every disease out there does not exist for any COVID19 therapies right now. It kind of baffles me that some physicians are easily abandoning the fundamentals of evidence based medicine during this pandemic, but unfortunately politics are clouding a lot of this situation for everyone. Again, as long as your doctor is being honest that he believes, in his best estimation, it "may" help then it really doesn't make his practice wrong. Now if strong studies continue to come out to show no benefit or even harm, then it will be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    So you want to cancel someone else? Is this the cancel culture I've been hearing about?
    And I said ban ME! Not him. Reading is hard for liberal leftist commies I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by softballfanatic1 View Post
    And I said ban ME! Not him. Reading is hard for liberal leftist commies I guess.
    Your wish is granted. Come back when we kick off football..
    Same to You Dantheman and Downwarddawg.

I made it clear. No Politics...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    There's an article on USA Today about a family that lost a father and a son to Covid on the same day. For any of the people on this thread that had this virus and survived it, it'll make you appreciate how lucky you were.
    Well, over 99% of the people who get survive, so lucky isn't the word I'd use unless you're over 65.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Your wish is granted. Come back when we kick off football..
    Same to You Dantheman and Downwarddawg.

I made it clear. No Politics...
    Lawd

vCash
    NFL has 77 apparently false positive coronavirus tests from lab

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...outputType=amp

This is an alarming number. If you have that number of false positives among a relatively small sample size, imagine a sample size of the US, 76+ million tests so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Just got an email from my family doctor. It was quite extensive, but the bottom line is that he's done extensive research into the usefullness of hyroxychloroquine with zinc, and also something called Quercitin and zinc. He recommends taking those drugs, in safe amounts, as a Covid preventive (along with regular measures like wearing a mask, washing hands, and using gloves when appropriate). It might be worth looking into.
    Data please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Best friends dad got it 11 days ago. On day 8 he was struggling. Started the hydroxy. Doing better now. May be a coincidence. Just reporting what happened.
    If you read the real stuff day around day 7-8 these cases usually take a turn, for better or worse, no matter what is done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

This is an alarming number. If you have that number of false positives among a relatively small sample size, imagine a sample size of the US, 76+ million tests so far.
    Does this mean you'll stop posting case numbers as if they were gospel moving forward?

I realize that is all we have to go off of, but this only reinforces that even after months of this virus coming to light - there are still MAJOR flaws in the detection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Does this mean you'll stop posting case numbers as if they were gospel moving forward?

I realize that is all we have to go off of, but this only reinforces that even after months of this virus coming to light - there are still MAJOR flaws in the detection.
    I'll just assume the false positives rate is fairly consistent, so case numbers are still fair to gauge how things are going.

If false positives are rampant, I imagine this inflates deaths too considering the age of most deaths.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

I've been telling everyone this since June. The quick tests are 50/50 at best. Our poor testing is the single greatest issue with all this. It's also why herd immunity is nowhere close.