Page 265 of 274 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Annnnnd a couple Greek life groups at State have now been hit hard with Covid. Should all be shut down til Covid is over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Not only do I not blame them for not holing up, they really shouldn't. They are at basically zero risk from the virus a shouldn't sacrifice a year of college for it. They just need to live their life and avoid at risk people the best they can and social distance when not around other low risk people who are voluntarily socializing. .
    And that's how my parent neighbor died.

He got it from his granddaughter. She is in elementary school and she was the only other one in the family with a positive test when he showed symptoms.

He died 3 weeks later.

I'm sure she is too young to know she killed him. College students are smarter than that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Annnnnd a couple Greek life groups at State have now been hit hard with Covid. Should all be shut down til Covid is over.
    There are gonna be in good shape in a month. Greek life ain't the problem. College people are gonna do college. Period....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post

He got it from his granddaughter. She is in elementary school and she was the only other one in the family with a positive test when he showed symptoms.

He died 3 weeks later.

I'm sure she is too young to know she killed him. College students are smarter than that...
    Well they won't be at home. They'll be at college.

vCash
    So you want to shut college down til Covid is "over" so cancel college forever. Gotcha. And I'm not saying Greek is all college but gonna be and are lots of non Greek cases. They just can't be labeled like Greeks or athletes. Is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    There are gonna be in good shape in a month. Greek life ain't the problem. College people are gonna do college. Period....
    Large outbreaks aren't happening outside of people involved in these. Every campus that's been hit, has seen it. And for the record, I was in a fraternity. It was all about the party then too.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 08-21-2020 at 05:12 PM.

vCash
    Large outbreaks aren't happening outside of people involved in these. Every campus that's been hit, has seen it. And for the record, I was in a fraternity. It was all about the party then too.
    I'm not arguing that there are large outbreaks. And to say large outbreaks are t happening is just Bc they haven't been reported or haven't had time yet. Sororities have been on campus longer Bc of rush....But the sorority that I know about is Bc of they all live in the house. How do you know we don't have an outbreak in a dorm or won't?? Just think blaming it on one faction isn't right. And as I said, they will be the ones that are clear sooner than everyone else too.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'm not arguing that there are large outbreaks. And to say large outbreaks are t happening is just Bc they haven't been reported or haven't had time yet. Sororities have been on campus longer Bc of rush....But the sorority that I know about is Bc of they all live in the house. How do you know we don't have an outbreak in a dorm or won't?? Just think blaming it on one faction isn't right. And as I said, they will be the ones that are clear sooner than everyone else too.
    Outbreaks are reported to the state. We know when they occur.

vCash
    An outbreak is more than 3. You gonna report them all? Come on man. Be real.

vCash
    I got an email from Brandon High School and they had one kid test positive. He tested last week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post

He died 3 weeks later.

This is what scares me. I beg my kids and son in law to do the right thing. My granddaughter is 6. Lives next door. I'm not staying away from her. Not at all. Hugs, kisses, falls asleep in my recliner with me watching tv. I'm in pretty good shape but Ive battles prostate cancer, have allergy induced asthma. Etc.... just the crap that comes with getting old. But I work all day outside in the heat when I'm home, sweat down changing shirts 3-4 times a day. Point is, I'm 53 and not in perfect health but I'm extremely active. If I catch this virus it may it will be from family. I just hope it doesn't kill me.
    If I had a kid in college I would send them to school but make them stay their ass at school!! Don't bring it to me!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This is what scares me. I beg my kids and son in law to do the right thing. My granddaughter is 6. Lives next door. I'm not staying away from her. Not at all. Hugs, kisses, falls asleep in my recliner with me watching tv. I'm in pretty good shape but Ive battles prostate cancer, have allergy induced asthma. Etc.... just the crap that comes with getting old. But I work all day outside in the heat when I'm home, sweat down changing shirts 3-4 times a day. Point is, I'm 53 and not in perfect health but I'm extremely active. If I catch this virus it may it will be from family. I just hope it doesn't kill me.
    If I had a kid in college I would send them to school but make them stay their ass at school!! Don't bring it to me!!
    I believe that exercising and eating healthy is your Kryptonite against the virus. I am 56 and have a daughter in 9th grade and son in the 10th. I am not worried about the virus. I have always taken care of my self. I am in really good shape and never been sick but I believe everyone can build a wall against the virus it they would just eat healthy, eat immune boosting food and exercise. I lift weights 4 to 5 times a week and walk 3 to 4 miles four nights a week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I believe that exercising and eating healthy is your Kryptonite against the virus. I am 56 and have a daughter in 9th grade and son in the 10th. I am not worried about the virus. I have always taken care of my self. I am in really good shape and never been sick but I believe everyone can build a wall against the virus it they would just eat healthy, eat immune boosting food and exercise. I lift weights 4 to 5 times a week and walk 3 to 4 miles four nights a week.
    I definitely think it helped me battle prostate cancer. My story is much better than some of the other men I know that has went through the battle. It's almost as if it didn't happen other than all the testing I have to do. Obviously it's a lifelong battle that could come back at anytime but I truly believe my health has helped me kick its ass so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    You are unfortunately mistaken. I share similar characteristics to you, but am younger. I am writing this post from a hospital bed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HRTFXR View Post
    You are unfortunately mistaken. I share similar characteristics to you, but am younger. I am writing this post from a hospital bed.
    Well damn. Hope you get better quick.

vCash
    Just got an email from my family doctor. It was quite extensive, but the bottom line is that he's done extensive research into the usefullness of hyroxychloroquine with zinc, and also something called Quercitin and zinc. He recommends taking those drugs, in safe amounts, as a Covid preventive (along with regular measures like wearing a mask, washing hands, and using gloves when appropriate). It might be worth looking into.

vCash
    dang i need to stay away from this thread...or i may get deployed again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Just got an email from my family doctor. It was quite extensive, but the bottom line is that he's done extensive research into the usefullness of hyroxychloroquine with zinc, and also something called Quercitin and zinc. He recommends taking those drugs, in safe amounts, as a Covid preventive (along with regular measures like wearing a mask, washing hands, and using gloves when appropriate). It might be worth looking into.
    Yes, regardless of what you hear in main stream media there are tons of doctors still using the hydroxychloroquine as part of treatment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Yes, regardless of what you hear in main stream media there are tons of doctors still using the hydroxychloroquine as part of treatment.
    My dad's doctor prescribed it to him. My dad didn't have a severe case, but no idea if HCQ had anything to do with it.