Page 263 of 274 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Here they aren't. Unfortunately, we are still having a good many positives based on early results. And worse is places like unc tested everyone who moved in on campus and has now shut down classes on campus for undergrads. That's doesn't help our chances of football. 135 news cases and they shut it down. Which is crazy to me. But whatever.
    Well, sororities and fraternities are living on borrowed time. Now would be a good time to eliminate them from campuses. A sorority was responsible for the UNC issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Well, sororities and fraternities are living on borrowed time. Now would be a good time to eliminate them from campuses. A sorority was responsible for the UNC issues.
    Sororities and fraternities don't really do anything but provide a target for people to hate. If fraternities and sororities go away, you'll have the same crowds at bars or apartment parties or even field parties for a lot of SEC teams.

vCash
    Notre dame going remote for at least two weeks..... the clock is ticking. Guess we will never have in person classes again.... smh

vCash
    Here they aren't. Unfortunately, we are still having a good many positives based on early results. And worse is places like unc tested everyone who moved in on campus and has now shut down classes on campus for undergrads. That's doesn't help our chances of football. 135 news cases and they shut it down. Which is crazy to me. But whatever.
    It always gives me a chuckle when an entity tests an entire population and are suprised when a portion of that population has the virus. I'm just thinking...what were they expecting? The college and under age group are one of the most infected populations right now but are also the most asymptomatic or mild case populations. I would imagine for every 1 college student that has symptoms AND goes and gets tested there are probably an additional 5-6 that are asymptomatic/mild that never get tested....and that's conservative. The CDC indicates infection rates are 10x higher than they initially thought.

If the same is true in Mississippi then we probably have had about 730,000 cases in the state at this point or approximately 23% of the population has had or currently has it. That could be extrapolated out for the US as well to about 56,000,000 cases or approx. 17% of the US population.
    Last edited by Dawgology; 08-18-2020 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Sororities and fraternities don't really do anything but provide a target for people to hate. If fraternities and sororities go away, you'll have the same crowds at bars or apartment parties or even field parties for a lot of SEC teams.
    Nah, you won't have hundreds at an apartment party.

Banned
    vCash
    No, you most definitely will.

vCash
    I know of multiple reports in stk of 40-60 in an apt here. They go there Bc bars close at 11. It's no different. None. If not worse.

vCash
    You might not have hundreds at an apartment party, but you'lll have hundreds spread out over a handful of parties and they'll be just as crammed together if not more than they would be at the fraternity houses, where a good chunk of the people would be outside. Not sure it's going to make a practical difference as far as how quickly covid spreads. And if I were going to bet on how Starkville will react, I am guessing they will stay on brand and make things worse by busting up parties that are flowing into apartment parking lots and other open spaces and ensuring any partying is done in as tight of quarters as possible.

vCash
    I know of multiple reports in stk of 40-60 in an apt here. They go there Bc bars close at 11. It's no different. None. If not worse.
    But not over 200. Big difference. It was a huge party.

vCash
    But not over 200. Big difference. It was a huge party.
    i disagree. If 40 people are in a place that can handle 10 thats worse than 1000 people in a place that can handle a 1000. And those thousand are going to find a place to go congregate, somewhere.

vCash
    1348 new cases today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by softballfanatic1 View Post
    1348 new cases today
    Well that's not good... most since July 30th. I'm not gonna freak out about it though considering the really low reports on Sunday and Monday.

vCash
    Yep, cases jumped dramatically today. This fall/winter is going to be challenging. I hope today?s number is not the start of a renewed upward trend. Time will tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by softballfanatic1 View Post
    1348 new cases today
    It is 100% unavoidable with a new population being formed when colleges and schools start back. It...will...happen. After about 4-8 weeks the numbers will spike downward again once they hit 20% - 25% infection rate. Also, there will be far fewer deaths and hospitalizations with this spike due to the age range that will be most impacted (10 - 25 yoa).

vCash
    i disagree. If 40 people are in a place that can handle 10 thats worse than 1000 people in a place that can handle a 1000. And those thousand are going to find a place to go congregate, somewhere.
    But there's no proof or guarantee any of those people would've gone somewhere else to party. Without the sorority sponsoring the party and without members, I'd take my chances it would be considerably less.

vCash
    Mises Institute. Woo boy, that's one of the wackiest groups I've ever had the pleasure of providing programming for.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Double post.

vCash
    But there's no proof or guarantee any of those people would've gone somewhere else to party. Without the sorority sponsoring the party and without members, I'd take my chances it would be considerably less.
    I'm talking about what's going on here!! Right now!! You can find huge groups together whenever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Yep, cases jumped dramatically today. This fall/winter is going to be challenging. I hope today?s number is not the start of a renewed upward trend. Time will tell.
    Eventually it will run out of host and die.