Page 261 of 274 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    People shouldn't blame the media for reporting on a pandemic that's being called a hoax by political leaders. Thank God we have a media to correct our government's talking points on this... you wouldn't know which way is north between all the misinformation, disinformation, and lack of consistency between the White House, Task Force, and CDC.

If everyone would put on a mask and socially distance in a responsible way, this thing would be under control. 3% spread rate if the infected person is wearing a mask. If asymptotic people would wear masks, it would essentially end it.
    Probably not. I think there'd be stronger, more obvious results from mask wearing if that were the case.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-herd-immunity

Not arguing against masks. Just saying it's probably not true that we could just stop this with any realistic group behavior.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Probably not. I think there'd be stronger, more obvious results from mask wearing if that were the case.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-herd-immunity

Not arguing against masks. Just saying it's probably not true that we could just stop this with any realistic group behavior.
    More evidence that it's not a moral failing to stop the spread:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/12/b...ronavirus.html

If you look at the graph showing the severity of the recessions the countries are facing, there doesn't appear to be much of a relationship to deaths in any of the countries.

vCash
    People shouldn't blame the media for reporting on a pandemic that's being called a hoax by political leaders. Thank God we have a media to correct our government's talking points on this... you wouldn't know which way is north between all the misinformation, disinformation, and lack of consistency between the White House, Task Force, and CDC.

If everyone would put on a mask and socially distance in a responsible way, this thing would be under control. 3% spread rate if the infected person is wearing a mask. If asymptotic people would wear masks, it would essentially end it.
    Who called it a hoax?

vCash
    Hawaii with the obvious advantage of being an island, has had a mask ordinance since April and a 14-day quarantine. Still...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Who called it a hoax?
    POTUS "Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, “How’s President Trump doing?” They go, “Oh, not good, not good.” They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa. They can’t even count. No, they can’t. They can’t count their votes.

One of my people came up to me and said, “Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.” That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax."

vCash
    The anti-maskers make no sense to me. Why take away a mitigation technique? Why diminish it? Does it not help? Is it not scientifically proven to help?

I understand it's not the only variable, but it cuts transmission 6 fold. It's asinine to argue against wearing a mask just because it's not a 100% effective tool. It's only 97% effective.

Between remdesiver, masks, & social distancing we could stop the virus in its tracks and delay until we have viable vaccineS (plural) this coming spring. To diminish mitigation techniques between now and then is nonsensical. It's become the most ridiculous political argument since "climate change isn't real." Science is stupid***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I wear a mask and have no problem with it, but I would hope nobody would turn in any small businesses at this point. Most of them are just doing whatever they can to save their life's work and I'd hope nobody would narc on them for that.
    Oh yeah I agree. Not turning anyone in.

vCash
    The anti-maskers make no sense to me. Why take away a mitigation technique? Why diminish it? Does it not help? Is it not scientifically proven to help?

I understand it's not the only variable, but it cuts transmission 6 fold. It's asinine to argue against wearing a mask just because it's not a 100% effective tool. It's only 97% effective.

Between remdesiver, masks, & social distancing we could stop the virus in its tracks and delay until we have viable vaccineS (plural) this coming spring. To diminish mitigation techniques between now and then is nonsensical. It's become the most ridiculous political argument since "climate change isn't real." Science is stupid***
    The problem is that people aren't social distancing even if they have masks. Here is the front page of the Rankin County News: The town of Puckett decided to hold their board meeting outside. Great idea except they are sitting less than 1ft from each other.

https://1179.newstogo.us/editionview...9b8a&Section=0

Not only that but according to the recent Duke study, some of the masks people are choosing to wear, such as the neck gaiters, are basically useless. People have to do it all, social distancing, wear a mask and wash their hands. Unfortunately too many think that only wearing a mask is the cure all for this.

vCash
    Y?all help me with this.
    My daughter, an 11th grader at a public school got sent home yesterday because she had a class wit a kid who tested positive. She and 9 other kids were called to the office to be sent home. Before they were allowed to leave the administration made all 9 of them stand in a JANITORS closet where they were literally standing shoulder to shoulder. WTF?!!! Common sense should have told somebody to let the kids go stand in the parking lot or the sidewalk outside of the office. Nope!!! Shove em all in a small non ventilated room where they are actually in physical contact. Dumb as hell!!!!!
    She does her social distancing and wears her mask. Evidently mask don?t work. Why wear them if you are going to get quarantined anyway.

Common sense has been thrown out the window. This was as dumb a thing as I?ve seen done in a while.

I?m all for people who are old, sick or just plain scared to stay home. I have 0 problem with people opting out of the real world if that?s what they want to do, but damn, common sense is a lost art. I believe most part of the concerns over Covid are liabilities and being sued. I feel like I?d have a much stronger suit since she was shove in a very small room with 9 other kids than anyone on a football filed or in a normal classroom situation. Just stupid.
    Last edited by DeputyDawg94; 08-15-2020 at 10:52 AM.

vCash
    These schools are basically being thrown to the wolves and told to "figure it out." I have a relative that teaches, and she said it's a total sh*tshow, and people are just making it up as they go along. Putting kids in a janitors closet is insane. One thing you have to remember is that if teachers get sick, who will teach the kids? There are only so many teachers to go around, and we already have teaching shortages. The entire infrastructure of the school system is made up of adults- many are vulnerable and have risk factors. Then just the question of what do you do if you have teachers out sick?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    These schools are basically being thrown to the wolves and told to "figure it out." I have a relative that teaches, and she said it's a total sh*tshow, and people are just making it up as they go along. Putting kids in a janitors closet is insane. One thing you have to remember is that if teachers get sick, who will teach the kids? There are only so many teachers to go around, and we already have teaching shortages. The entire infrastructure of the school system is made up of adults- many are vulnerable and have risk factors. Then just the question of what do you do if you have teachers out sick?
    Duh, blame it on the media or the current administration (as if a different administration would?ve had it all figured out). Pick your poison.

Heads should roll for shoving the kids in a closet no doubt though. But they won?t.

vCash
    Population immunity is slowing down the pandemic in parts of the US

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...-parts-us/amp/

vCash
    I’m going to address it with admin as soon as my BP comes back down. That’s as stupid as it gets. Our school sits on at least 10 acres of ground. Plenty of room for social distancing. Heck my daughter had to walk past the football field, across a large parking lot and down a sidewalk that is 300 or more yards long. Why not go stand in the parking lot? I know most of the teachers and admin personally. They are intelligent people. This virus has smart people acting like idiots. Common sense would have gone a long way here.

Banned
    vCash
    A person is smart. People are dumb. That's why in times of crisis it's important to have a good leader. We don't. There needs to be a change at the top to help keep these smart and talented people from being so stupid. That's why we need to fire Moorhead.

Funny how so many on the board built specifically for sports understand this for football / sports and can't understand it for our country.

vCash
    MS cases have plummeted again this week. We are now averaging 730 cases per day. That's less than 9 per county per day. We were averaging 1381 per day in late July.

vCash
    Really the whole south (minus Georgia) is seeing a nice decline in cases.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Really the whole south (minus Georgia) is seeing a nice decline in cases.
    Shhhhhh

vCash
    Students making someone mad...

vCash
    Did people really expect college students to just stay in their dorms and apartments all the time? Not happening.

vCash
    Last Sunday, Mississippi reported 527 new cases. Today, Mississippi reported 381 cases. Every day this week was less than the same day last week.