Page 25 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    This is aimed more at the politicians and media members who are pushing their agenda over what is for the better good of a country. I can?t believe some shit on the teens who partied at spring break when no one has done anything but spew the far right or far left. Maybe they get just enough news that they are sick of it and don?t know what facts are anymore
    The United States media is a real problem. Not the left-leaning, not the right-leaning but ALL. The fact that we all know which media outlets lean (and that's being kind) in which direction is a massive problem. The media should be neutral and just report the facts. But, since they don't actually do their job, not a lot of people trust the media. You have multiple versions of every single story that ever comes out, so it results in confusion, mistrust, division, and extreme ideological leanings. I hope this is a wake-up call for all of our media outlets to get out of politics and get back into just reporting the news. But I'm not holding my breath. I'm assuming it will get that way for COVID-19 stories (we're already starting to see that), but once this is done it will go back to "business as usual". We, as a society, have to demand more from our media.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I agree, I think what I said got lost in there. I'm not saying we don't need the government to step in, I'm saying once they did and made a decision to let the private sector help in producing these tests and PPE's and stuff is smart. It seems pretty obvious the cdc way was taking way too long.
    Gotcha. Yeah, I was really proud of the sports industry for leading the way with cancelling group events before people really understood how serious this is. I think the private sector has been tremendous so far. I hope fatigue doesn't set in. This is going to be a marathon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    The United States media is a real problem. Not the left-leaning, not the right-leaning but ALL. The fact that we all know which media outlets lean (and that's being kind) in which direction is a massive problem. The media should be neutral and just report the facts. But, since they don't actually do their job, not a lot of people trust the media. You have multiple versions of every single story that ever comes out, so it results in confusion, mistrust, division, and extreme ideological leanings. I hope this is a wake-up call for all of our media outlets to get out of politics and get back into just reporting the news. But I'm not holding my breath. I'm assuming it will get that way for COVID-19 stories (we're already starting to see that), but once this is done it will go back to "business as usual". We, as a society, have to demand more from our media.
    There's only two that clearly lean. The others are accused of leaning but in my opinion are much closer to the middle of the country than most realize. I don't think people in Mississippi account for how far right they are nationally. What may appear to be "liberal" to some is just "not a super, far right ideal" to others. It's all perspective and everyone having a voice has confused people. Many blame the media. I personally think social media is more to blame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Gotcha. Yeah, I was really proud of the sports industry for leading the way with cancelling group events before people really understood how serious this is. I think the private sector has been tremendous so far. I hope fatigue doesn't set in. This is going to be a marathon.
    This is what I hope as well. I've already seen a couple people make statements along the line of they are tired of hearing about it and/or they are "so over" all of this. This is just the calm before the storm. We arent' even in it yet.

vCash
    There's only two that clearly lean. The others are accused of leaning but in my opinion are much closer to the middle of the country than most realize. I don't think people in Mississippi account for how far right they are nationally. What may appear to be "liberal" to some is just "not a super, far right ideal" to others. It's all perspective and everyone having a voice has confused people. Many blame the media. I personally think social media is more to blame.
    Agree with your post, but especially this.^^

vCash
    'Merica, y'all**

Seriously, though....these retards don't even realize how bad they are ****ing everyone.

vCash
    That, and anyone with a podcast or a camera can call themselves "media" today. Whether it is Daily Caller or Daily Beast - we have to get better ourselves about not patronizing media that is pushing the extremes. Quit buying into sensationalism.
    We have the greatest access to information in the history of mankind and we choose to get that information from Shawn Hannity and Rachel Maddow. It's unreal.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Great post

vCash
    A lot of the media is basically just a television show. They are biased towards ratings instead of actually informing the public, so they push whatever story gets them ratings.

vCash
    16 new cases in Mississippi today. A lot are showing up on the coast / Pearl River County.

vCash
    LOL @ "There's only two that clearly lean."

Agree with "Many blame the media. I personally think social media is more to blame."
    Last edited by PMDawg; 03-19-2020 at 10:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    'Merica, y'all**

Seriously, though....these retards don't even realize how bad they are ****ing everyone.
    Aaaahhhh, natural selection at it's finest. Witness the small steps evolution is taking the create a smarter next generation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Aaaahhhh, natural selection at it's finest. Witness the small steps evolution is taking the create a smarter next generation.
    Sadly, that same natural selection is going to cost those kids their older generation, too....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Sadly, that same natural selection is going to cost those kids their older generation, too....
    This is also true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This is also true
    That kid with with the peach-fuzz mustache smoking a vape has a very punchable face...

vCash
    Passed 10,000 cases in US

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    16 new cases in Mississippi today. A lot are showing up on the coast / Pearl River County.
    Where did you find that?

Nevermind I see it on worldometer. I can't find it in Mississippi media sites though.
    Last edited by PMDawg; 03-19-2020 at 10:58 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    I work with someone who has been tested. It was Sunday night, and he still hasn't gotten test results back. These you're speaking of where probably tested last week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I work with someone who has been tested. It was Sunday night, and he still hasn't gotten test results back. These you're speaking of where probably tested last week
    Yep. This is a major part of the problem. We need faster tests. And we need more tests. We need to test everybody.

[tweet2]1240279081293352964[/tweet2]

vCash
    Perfect example of the greater point. It's not me it's the other side.