Page 235 of 274 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash

vCash
    We need to just open things up and let this country operate with the freedoms it was built on. Let people make their own choices what risks to take and let businesses decide the same. Let the free markets operate and adjust and sustain. Same with schools. Let athletes play if they want or let them sit out. Let teachers out of their contracts if they don't want to work. Some will open on site and some online. But life will go on, economies will survive to some degree, and we will have some immunity going into winter. I say this with a 3 week old baby and a wife that spent 4 weeks isolated in a hospital room with this crap. All her doctors agree (large hospital). They laugh at mask requirements.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    We need to just open things up and let this country operate with the freedoms it was built on. Let people make their own choices what risks to take and let businesses decide the same. Let the free markets operate and adjust and sustain. Same with schools. Let athletes play if they want or let them sit out. Let teachers out of their contracts if they don't want to work. Some will open on site and some online. But life will go on, economies will survive to some degree, and we will have some immunity going into winter. I say this with a 3 week old baby and a wife that spent 4 weeks isolated in a hospital room with this crap. All her doctors agree (large hospital). They laugh at mask requirements.
    I don't laugh at the mask requirement. You know why?

Because since I've discovered the neck gaiter I've never found a good reason to actually wear one in my line of work. Now...I'm mandated to wear a mask and for some inexplicable reason this allows neck gaiters. I can go from mysterious looking ascot wearing guy to ninja mode in 1.03 seconds.
    Last edited by Dawgology; 07-20-2020 at 01:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post

Because since I've discover the neck gaiter I've never found a good reason to actually wear one in my line of work. Now...I'm mandated to wear a mask and for some inexplicable reason this allows neck gaiters. I can go from mysterious looking ascot wearing guy to ninja mode in 1.03 seconds.
    You need to take that up a notch. See if you can figure out how to parlay that into wearing a ghillie suit.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    You need to take that up a notch. See if you can figure out how to parlay that into wearing a ghillie suit.
    Dammit...you're a genius!

vCash

Because since I've discover the neck gaiter I've never found a good reason to actually wear one in my line of work. Now...I'm mandated to wear a mask and for some inexplicable reason this allows neck gaiters. I can go from mysterious looking ascot wearing guy to ninja mode in 1.03 seconds.
    Are you a pro bass fisherman***

vCash
    Are you a pro bass fisherman***
    LOL! You guys are encourageable, I guess that is why I like this site so much!

vCash

Because since I've discovered the neck gaiter I've never found a good reason to actually wear one in my line of work. Now...I'm mandated to wear a mask and for some inexplicable reason this allows neck gaiters. I can go from mysterious looking ascot wearing guy to ninja mode in 1.03 seconds.
    That is one of the first things I thought of because of have several I use for fishing. However, that material like Buff Headwear is made of is not very effective for reducing spread from your nose or mouth. It is very breathable, as it was intended. But, nobody is going to ever say anything about that if you have one on because it is not very well known.

vCash
    Almost 40% of fla cases are coming out of Miami now (Miami dade and broward counties) and 36% of fla cases have come out of those two counties.
    If those counties were a state, they would have more cases than 42 of the 50 states. But the death rate is extremely low. 129k cases confirmed (prob well over a million using the 10x factor of the cdc) and only 1800 deaths.

vCash
    [tweet2]1285347155759247360[/tweet2]

ICU utilization rising sharply

vCash
    The people with hidden immunity against Covid-19

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...-from-covid-19

vCash
    Not only that but hospitals retest in care patients every two weeks and then every week after a certain time limit. As long as the patient tests positive they are counted as a “new positive test” that day. I know for a fact that our local hospital has no way to differentiate in reporting between an actual new patient that just walked through the door and tested positive and a patient who has been there for 3 weeks and is still testing positive. They are all reported out in number of new positive tests for the day.

It’s an information mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    [tweet2]1285347155759247360[/tweet2]

ICU utilization rising sharply
    Wish we could get some vcash wagers going on the conflicting data.... does one person count one time or multiple times???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The people with hidden immunity against Covid-19

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...-from-covid-19
    Very interesting

vCash
    Concerns arise as some receive positive COVID-19 results but never got tested

https://www.wlbt.com/2020/07/20/conc...er-got-tested/

vCash
    Concerns arise as some receive positive COVID-19 results but never got tested

https://www.wlbt.com/2020/07/20/conc...er-got-tested/
    Context matters. From the article you linked:

"“This is part of the testing mechanism problem. People are sitting in their cars, sometimes for hours, or standing in line, six feet apart sometimes for hours. You’re registered though, you’re number 15 in line, and you are Jay Wolfson. If Jay Wolfson says he can’t wait any longer and he leaves, it will get number 15 and now get Rebecca Fernandez, who was standing behind him, and she tests positive, and then everyone from then on gets the wrong results. There has to be a better way to do this,” explained Dr. Jay Wolfson, Public Health & Medicine Professor for the University of South Florida."

I guess you and Dawgology can keep trolling this thread with every article and opinion you can find, but at least provide some context to your article. The story was about how people are getting positive results without taking the test, because results are provided based on the number assigned and if you leave before getting tested - you're getting the results of the person originally behind you.

I still don't believe that all results are accurate anyway, so I guess we should just stop testing like our POTUS would prefer.

vCash
    Ask any nurse that treats Covid patients and they’ll tell you that masks absolutely work to help stop the spread. The company I work for has hired 2 top infectious disease experts and they say masks are as important hand washing. There are several examples that show strong evidence that masks work. I work for one of the largest companies in the world. They have spared no expense trying to keep this virus from costing them too much loss. Masks are required 100% of the time pretty much while we’re doing anything other than eating, and they’ve made it to where we are properly distanced at meal times. So far we’ve done fantastic at keeping people healthy.
    Look, I’m a hardcore conservative, but I’m married to a nurse of over 20 years and I know that masks work. People need to stop being scared of masks and protect your fellow man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post

"“This is part of the testing mechanism problem. People are sitting in their cars, sometimes for hours, or standing in line, six feet apart sometimes for hours. You’re registered though, you’re number 15 in line, and you are Jay Wolfson. If Jay Wolfson says he can’t wait any longer and he leaves, it will get number 15 and now get Rebecca Fernandez, who was standing behind him, and she tests positive, and then everyone from then on gets the wrong results. There has to be a better way to do this,” explained Dr. Jay Wolfson, Public Health & Medicine Professor for the University of South Florida."

I guess you and Dawgology can keep trolling this thread with every article and opinion you can find, but at least provide some context to your article. The story was about how people are getting positive results without taking the test, because results are provided based on the number assigned and if you leave before getting tested - you're getting the results of the person originally behind you.

I still don't believe that all results are accurate anyway, so I guess we should just stop testing like our POTUS would prefer.
    I posted the title of the article and the link you dope

vCash
    Yeah. The article was pretty clear to me. This is the shit that makes people skeptical about the whole virus. It’s either political or incompetent testers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post

Please explain how I’m trolling.

vCash
    Thanks for clarifying that the article doesn't reflect the title. It was very informative.

Please explain how I’m trolling.
    I just added you because I'm upset your neck gaiter time is above 1 second. It's an insult to ninjas everywhere to have a time like that!