Page 207 of 274 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    14 new deaths today. That's higher than sat, sun, mon, but tuesdays and Wednesday's always are. Will be interesting to see if 7 day average moves this week.

Of the 14 today, All were over 50. 12/14 over 60.

So far, 1073 deaths.
    0 under 20.
    .6% of deaths are under 30.
    2.2% of deaths are under 40.
    6.5% of deaths are under 50.
    15.5% of deaths are under 60.

So 84.5% of deaths are over 60.
    What % of total cases are over 60?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What % of total cases are over 60?
    25%

vCash
    For hospitalization rates:

3% of positive cases under 40
    4.5% of positive cases under 50
    6.2% of positive cases under 60

27.9% of positive cases over 60.

vCash
    25%
    Wow

vCash

A couple things here:

- The % positive is growing week over week. That means infections are growing faster than our tests are increasing. You can also see how the case slope is steeper than the test slope. We're finding more cases than we did in March or April for sure, but when you compare it to a week or two ago, infection spread is the main driver in the increase in cases. It's not just because we're testing more.

- The uptick in hospitalizations just started about a week ago. On average, it takes 2 weeks from hospitalization to death. Then there's usually about a week lag before it's included in numbers. I think we're about 7-14 days from seeing an uptick in deaths.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post

A couple things here:

- The % positive is growing week over week. That means infections are growing faster than our tests are increasing. You can also see how the case slope is steeper than the test slope. We're finding more cases than we did in March or April for sure, but when you compare it to a week or two ago, infection spread is the main driver in the increase in cases. It's not just because we're testing more.

- The uptick in hospitalizations just started about a week ago. On average, it takes 2 weeks from hospitalization to death. Then there's usually about a week lag before it's included in numbers. I think we're about 7-14 days from seeing an uptick in deaths.
    I think the next few days is the real test (no pun intended). We have seen an enormous jump in positive cases the last three weeks. Like incredible. So far deaths have continued to plummet. Today was the lowest Tuesday death count we've had. If the 7 day rolling death count doesn't increase dramatically the next week given the incredible uptick in positive cases, I think we are home free with respect to deaths.

vCash
    So what's a good vacation spot during the pandemic? I was going to do 1 of 2 things this year: Las Vegas for saints-raiders game or Macy's thanksgiving day parade. I doubt seriously fans are allowed in nfl games, and having to wear a mask in public in Las Vegas during September is very unappealing. NY has a travel ban on us, and even if they didn't, Macy's thanksgiving day parade will be canceled. Large cities aren't looking like good spots, period. Any suggestions for more rural destinations that covid isn't as likely to affect?

vCash
    So what's a good vacation spot during the pandemic? I was going to do 1 of 2 things this year: Las Vegas for saints-raiders game or Macy's thanksgiving day parade. I doubt seriously fans are allowed in nfl games, and having to wear a mask in public in Las Vegas during September is very unappealing. NY has a travel ban on us, and even if they didn't, Macy's thanksgiving day parade will be canceled. Large cities aren't looking like good spots, period. Any suggestions for more rural destinations that covid isn't as likely to affect?
    When I wanna get away I usually travel down to Philadelphia, MS myself.

vCash
    I think the next few days is the real test (no pun intended). We have seen an enormous jump in positive cases the last three weeks. Like incredible. So far deaths have continued to plummet. Today was the lowest Tuesday death count we've had. If the 7 day rolling death count doesn't increase dramatically the next week given the incredible uptick in positive cases, I think we are home free with respect to deaths.
    My theory which is definitely not politically correct is that this spike is due at least in part to the protests about two weeks ago. Which is in line with how COVID is thought by many to propagate.

But yeah- that dive bar down the street...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My theory which is definitely not politically correct is that this spike is due at least in part to the protests about two weeks ago. Which is in line with how COVID is thought by many to propagate.

But yeah- that dive bar down the street...
    I got a theory that folks who drink a lot don't get it hardly at all. I don't think a lot of homeless folks are getting it. Alcohol kills it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    When I wanna get away I usually travel down to Philadelphia, MS myself.
    I was thinking of at least leaving town haha

vCash
    I was thinking of at least leaving town haha
    TTown?? Hanging out in TTown telling Bama fans they suck sounds like a nice getaway ****

Seriously tho ... If I wanted to travel right now, I'd go to South Dakota, see Mount Rushmore before those guys are replaced with Lenin, Stalin, etc.

Then I'd swing over to the Governor's mansion and see if I could convince her to leave her husband and marry me **** I wouldn't mind getting coffee for her every morning. I'd even cook breakfast every morning for her haha.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 06-30-2020 at 10:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    TTown?? Hanging out in TTown telling Bama fans they suck sounds like a nice getaway ****

Seriously tho ... If I wanted to travel right now, I'd go to South Dakota, see Mount Rushmore before those guys are replaced with Lenin, Stalin, etc.

Then I'd swing over to the Governor's mansion and see if I could convince her to leave her husband and marry me **** I wouldn't mind getting coffee for her every morning. I'd even cook breakfast every morning for her haha.
    I'd like to see Mount Rushmore myself.

vCash
    I'd like to see Mount Rushmore myself.
    Had a neighbor who went to a big lake in Arkansas. He said it was great. Pretty rural. They rented a boat.

vCash
    New research from Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital shows that many people with mild or asymptomatic COVID-19 demonstrate so-called T-cell-mediated immunity to the new coronavirus, even if they have not tested positively for antibodies. According to the researchers, this means that public immunity is probably higher than antibody tests suggest. The article is freely available on the bioRxiv server and has been submitted for publication in a scientific journal.

https://news.ki.se/immunity-to-covid...287.1454932504

vCash
    This is what I've been telling people. The T cells' response is more important than antibodies.

vCash
    This is what I've been telling people. The T cells' response is more important than antibodies.
    That's why a lot of treatments have included Zinc supplements. Zinc helps increase your body's T cell count. I used to have problems getting strep throat every winter. Doctor told me start taking zinc supplements and now I rarely even get a cold and haven't had strep in years. Not saying it's gonna stop everything but it sure helps and can't hurt.

vCash
    1) Venice Louisiana for some fishing. Basically only exposed to your guide in the open air.
    2) St. George Island Florida. Haven't been in a while, so it may be different, but about ten years ago, it was still very undeveloped and you could do beach and fishing without being crowded.
    3) Smith Lake or Greers Ferry Lake. Get a lakehouse. REnt a boat if you don't have one. Spend a week skiing, drinking, swimming, and maybe fishing.

vCash
    Give Leach a call maybe he'll let you hang with him in the keys for a few days lol

vCash
    5 new deaths reported today since yesterday.
    Plus 4 from mid June.

So 9 total.
    1 in their 50s; 1 in their 60s;
    3 in 70s; 3 in 80s; 1 in 90s

Hospitals up.
    Icu and vents down.

653 new cases, 570 of which were below 60.

So far, only 25% of cases have been over 60, but 85% of deaths have been over 60.