Page 199 of 274 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Looks like today will be the lowest death total since March 24th. Deaths continue to fall...

Worldometers' data using 7-day avg

Good news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Looks like today will be the lowest death total since March 24th. Deaths continue to fall...

Good news
    Yet cases are spiking all over the place. Read the tea leaves people. We should want every one of our players to get this now, test positive for it, and be done with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Yet cases are spiking all over the place. Read the tea leaves people. We should want every one of our players to get this now, test positive for it, and be done with it.
    Except there's no definitive proof that gives you immunity. There have been reports of people catching it twice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Except there's no definitive proof that gives you immunity. There have been reports of people catching it twice.
    Can you give me a link to those reports please?

And how did the symptoms of the first contraction compare to the second contraction?

ETA: The only link I can found is what's been said numerous times, the story about the sailors. Every article about those sailors, like the one below, explicitly says that it is unknown whether it was a second positive, a relapse, or never fully recovering from the first positive. There is zero evidence of which I'm aware to support a person getting covid and being fine, fully recovering, and then getting covid again and it being worse.

Covid 19 is a coronavirus. No coronavirus in the history of the world has been more than a 12-18 month outbreak that disappeared without a vaccine. Maybe this is the first. But it would be the first.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronavirus/sailors-on-sidelined-carrier-get-virus-for-second-time/2272721/%3famp
    Last edited by confucius say; 06-21-2020 at 07:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    There is no evidence to support this.... and none to contradict it either. At this point, just that people might have gotten false positives or negatives etc either way, I repeat for the 100000000th time, this isn't going away and no point in checking up. Sorry for those that disagree.

vCash

Good news
    Time to shut back down.... cases spiking .......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    There is no evidence to support this.... and none to contradict it either. At this point, just that people might have gotten false positives or negatives etc either way, I repeat for the 100000000th time, this isn't going away and no point in checking up. Sorry for those that disagree.
    And I still agree. The media is going to make it sound like a death sentence for everyone though.

Honestly, if we're all logical and don't have an agenda here deaths going down and cases going up probably means that we're building immunity and/or that the virus is weakening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And I still agree. The media is going to make it sound like a death sentence for everyone though.

Honestly, if we're all logical and don't have an agenda here deaths going down and cases going up probably means that we're building immunity and/or that the virus is weakening.
    This.

vCash

And how did the symptoms of the first contraction compare to the second contraction?

ETA: The only link I can found is what's been said numerous times, the story about the sailors. Every article about those sailors, like the one below, explicitly says that it is unknown whether it was a second positive, a relapse, or never fully recovering from the first positive. There is zero evidence of which I'm aware to support a person getting covid and being fine, fully recovering, and then getting covid again and it being worse.

Covid 19 is a coronavirus. No coronavirus in the history of the world has been more than a 12-18 month outbreak that disappeared without a vaccine. Maybe this is the first. But it would be the first.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2272721/%3famp
    Here's the most recent one I saw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Yep, just saw this. Explains why deaths are plummeting

vCash
    Yessir. And the minimal mutation that is being seen in the virus may very well be weaker, which explains why people who beat it then come into contact with it again are not suffering. Below article suggests it is weakening and will die out on its on without a vaccine (like every other coronavirus in the history of the world).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.jpost...ims-632324/amp
    Last edited by confucius say; 06-22-2020 at 10:14 AM.

vCash
    Yessir. And the minimal mutation that is being seen in the virus may very well be weaker, which explains why people who beat it then come into contact with it again are not suffering. Below article suggests it is weakening and will die out on its on without a vaccine (like every other coronavirus in the history of the world).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.jpost...ims-632324/amp
    Be careful you're bordering on heresy lol.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I just wanted to see if I could be the 1st post on page 200.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Be careful you're bordering on heresy lol.
    I know I know.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    If the country's data reflects Florida's, that could be an explanation for the nation's declining daily deaths. But in Florida specifically, is there a correlation? Deaths per day appear to have been relatively stable over the past month or so in Florida despite the dropping median age of those with confirmed cases in that state:

Last edited by Prediction? Pain.; 06-22-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2272721/%3famp
    This spurred my curiosity and I found a pretty good survey of the landscape from the Journal of the American Medical Association. Here's the link. Bummer that it's about a month old, but it's still informative. Here are a couple of the more beefy paragraphs (sans footnotes):

The durability of neutralizing antibodies (NAbs, primarily IgG) against SARS-CoV-2 has yet to be defined; persistence up to 40 days from symptom onset has been described. Duration of antibody responses against other human coronaviruses may be relevant in this context. For example, following infection with SARS-CoV-1 (the virus that caused SARS), concentrations of IgG remained high for approximately 4 to 5 months before subsequently declining slowly during the next 2 to 3 years. Similarly, NAbs following infection with MERS-CoV (the virus that caused Middle East respiratory syndrome) have persisted up to 34 months in recovered patients.

Detection of IgG and NAbs is not synonymous with durable immunity. With regard to COVID-19, a small, nonpeer-reviewed, preprint report provides the only data thus far on possible postinfection immunity in primates. In this study, 4 rhesus macaques were infected with SARS-CoV-2, and following recovery did not become reinfected when rechallenged with the same virus 28 days after the first inoculation. Whether persons can be reinfected with SARS-CoV-1 and MERS-CoV is unknown; SARS has not reemerged since 2004 and MERS cases remain sporadic. Reinfections can occur with at least 3 of the other 4 common human coronaviruses -- specifically, 229E, NL63, and OC43 -- all of which generally cause milder respiratory illnesses. The reasons for this reinfection are not fully known, but evidence suggests that possibilities include both short-lived protective immunity and reexposure to genetically distinct forms of the same viral strain.
    When you're talking about other coronaviruses disappearing, are you referring to other novel coronaviruses like the ones that produced MERS and SARS? I'm not well versed in this stuff -- and by that I mean I pretty much know jack -- but that article references "3 of the other 4 common human coronaviruses" where reinfections occur, whether due to "short-lived immunity" or "genetically distinct" strains.
    Last edited by Prediction? Pain.; 06-22-2020 at 02:32 PM.

vCash
    Hey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I just wanted to see if I could be the 1st post on page 200.
    Nm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    This spurred my curiosity and I found a pretty good survey of the landscape from the Journal of the American Medical Association. Here's the link. Bummer that it's about a month old, but it's still informative. Here are a couple of the more beefy paragraphs (sans footnotes):

When you're talking about other coronaviruses disappearing, are you referring to other novel coronaviruses like the ones that produced MERS and SARS? I'm not well versed in this stuff -- and by that I mean I pretty much know jack -- but that article references "3 of the other 4 common human coronaviruses" where reinfections occur, whether due to "short-lived immunity" or "genetically distinct" strains.
    Correct. There are about 40 known coronaviruses from what I understand. Only 7 have been human coronaviruses, meaning have infected humans.

Of those 7, four (oc43, 229e, nl63, and hku1) are considered "old" viruses that most believe have been around for centuries and can still cause colds in humans.

The other three (sars, mers, and sars 2/covid 19) are considered "new" viruses and cause pandemics.